Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 06-22-2006, 02:27 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Name the coolest Cavs players of all time

Name your favorite Cavs of all time, and what you loved about them
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:33 PM   #2
KiNG
I hit open 5-footers

KiNG has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Name your favorite Cavs of all time, and what you loved about them

for me, it has to be lebron... hes a beast
KiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:47 PM   #3
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well I've been a Cavs fan my whole life so i can give an answer besides the classic Lebron that we'll be hearing this whole thread. Some that I've liked are:

Ron Harper- He was absolutely SICK back in his Cavs days. Most people only got to see the slowed down Bulls version but he was so talented in his prime yet so underrated. Plus he used to come into where i work a lot (Toys R Us) so that was prett cool

Phil Hubbard- He actually goes to my church, or at least he did for about 10 years before he moved to Atlanta. Just a friend of the family so that added to my interest. He was HUGE lol

Mark Price- First basketball player i ever learned about when i was growing up. That just wins him a spot

World B. Free- Never actually got to see him play but that helicopter thing he did was cool to see on tape

Ricky Davis- I remember one specific game that won me over on him was the first game that the Cavs played against the Clippers after we got Miles. Ricky was trying to piss Q. Rich off so he kept doing the head tap thing and it got REAL heated. Very emotional game

Danny Ferry- Became the loveable joke guy on the Cavs. Everyone in cleveland made fun of him but we all loved him still. That guy was around forever lol...but he's doing good things as GM now

Z- My favorite Cav honestly. He's been around for so long, and that's rare in cleveland. I love how he never gave up and he came back from injury to become a normal player again. I hate that so many of these bandwagon Lebron fans who dont know crap about the rest of the Cavs want Z gone, but us people who are real fans actually appreciate the guy's story. He's had 82 teammates since he came to Cleveland but he's still here.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
KiNG
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Well I've been a Cavs fan my whole life so i can give an answer besides the classic Lebron that we'll be hearing this whole thread. Some that I've liked are:

Ron Harper- He was absolutely SICK back in his Cavs days. Most people only got to see the slowed down Bulls version but he was so talented in his prime yet so underrated. Plus he used to come into where i work a lot (Toys R Us) so that was prett cool

Phil Hubbard- He actually goes to my church, or at least he did for about 10 years before he moved to Atlanta. Just a friend of the family so that added to my interest. He was HUGE lol

Mark Price- First basketball player i ever learned about when i was growing up. That just wins him a spot

World B. Free- Never actually got to see him play but that helicopter thing he did was cool to see on tape

Ricky Davis- I remember one specific game that won me over on him was the first game that the Cavs played against the Clippers after we got Miles. Ricky was trying to piss Q. Rich off so he kept doing the head tap thing and it got REAL heated. Very emotional game

Danny Ferry- Became the loveable joke guy on the Cavs. Everyone in cleveland made fun of him but we all loved him still. That guy was around forever lol...but he's doing good things as GM now

Z- My favorite Cav honestly. He's been around for so long, and that's rare in cleveland. I love how he never gave up and he came back from injury to become a normal player again. I hate that so many of these bandwagon Lebron fans who dont know crap about the rest of the Cavs want Z gone, but us people who are real fans actually appreciate the guy's story. He's had 82 teammates since he came to Cleveland but he's still here.

who said they want Z gone??? oh, and i take it u aint seen bron play
Old 06-22-2006, 04:34 PM   #5
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There's a lotta people, even on here, who say they want the Cavs to trade Z because they said he's gotten too old/his body is wearing down. And yep you caught me, I'm a Cavs fan from cleveland who's never seen LeBron play...
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:41 PM   #6
KiNG
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
There's a lotta people, even on here, who say they want the Cavs to trade Z because they said he's gotten too old/his body is wearing down. And yep you caught me, I'm a Cavs fan from cleveland who's never seen LeBron play...

ya i thought so :stupid:
Old 06-23-2006, 11:21 AM   #7
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:17 PM   #8
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation
Default yeahh..

Darius miles- I met him in an applebees at cleveland and he had some sick dunks for the cavs. Ireally wish that conflict wouldnt have happened with his alarm clock or w/e haha. Too bad they traded him for jeff mcginnis! I wish he was back he really was not a bad player.

Lebron-It would be inexcusable to count him out

Boozer, Z: same boat cant forget them
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:23 AM   #9
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

LeBron fer now... duh...

before 2003 (when LeBron is drafted)

erm... Darius Miles???!!! although he didn't contribute much, he was great... dunking over everyone's head...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:35 PM   #10
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

nawsanenawmean has an OK reputation so far

Big time Cavs fan here.

Lebron - DUH. He WILL be the best ever when it's all said and done.

Mark Price - Great leader. Excellent Shooter. Best Free Throw shooter ever.

World B. Free - Never saw him play, but he changed his name from Lloyd to World and that's awesome.

Terrell Brandon - Took over after Price left and did a heck of a job. I really liked his game.

Larry Nance - Awesome.

Ron Harper - Awesome. Traded for Ferry? WTF!?!?!?!?!?!!

Ricky Davis - I actually like him, all though some hate him. I thought when he purpously missed a shot AT HIS OWN BASKET to try and get a triple double was pretty funny.

John "Hot Rod" Williams - I dunno. He was a good, but not great big man. I liked him. Plus I always liked his nickname.
nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:25 PM   #11
djfleet
I airball my layups

djfleet has an OK reputation so far

Ron Harper circa 86-87. came in as a rookie and blew up for 23/5/5 plus 2.5 steals and a block per game. he had a game that floated somewhere between clyde drexler's and a young michael jordan's.....if he hadn't blown his knee he would have ended up in the conversation for top 15 two guards of all time. he managed to overcome the bum knee by adjusting his game and became one of phil jackson's all time fav players while racking up the titles in chicago and la. plus i saw him in a restaurant a few months back and he seemed excited that i recognized him!
djfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:26 PM   #12
djfleet
I airball my layups

djfleet has an OK reputation so far

and of course lebron.....
djfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:58 AM   #13
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Larry Nance and Gerald Wilkins.

Dunking freaks.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:41 PM   #14
bruzzes
I brick open layups

bruzzes has an OK reputation so far

I always loved "Bingo" Smith.

Of course Mark Price and his play with Daugherty.

World B. Free (Llyod Free) who saved Cleveland basketball.

Mike Mitchell lighting up the scoreboard.

But most of all...I am hooked on Lebron.
bruzzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:31 PM   #15
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation

I was a fan of his when he was at Seattle....

Shawn Kemp, just such a nasty dunker, one of the nastiest of all time.

And of course LeBron.

I like Flip when he was here, he was so damn useful.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: