Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation
Default Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Is who we should draft. And I sincerely hope we are bad enough to get him.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

I'd be more than happy with him but I think Harrison Barnes is a better fit at the 3 spot next to DeMar.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Davis, Drummond, Barnes, Kidd-Gilchrist.

That is my top 4, in order. Jeremy Lamb would be nice, and I'd like him but we'd have to move DeRozan (which I would be okay with).

But like Funk said, Barnes would contrast DeRozan a lot better than Kidd-Gilchrist would.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cRAkd5jL1o&feature=results_video&playnext =1&list=PL2CDB72AD5B9498A5

Nough said...
T-Low is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

A small forward that can dunk!? He just shot up to #1 on my list!
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Davis, Drummond, Barnes, Kidd-Gilchrist.

That is my top 4, in order. Jeremy Lamb would be nice, and I'd like him but we'd have to move DeRozan (which I would be okay with).

But like Funk said, Barnes would contrast DeRozan a lot better than Kidd-Gilchrist would.
Me too I think. Davis is definitely #1 for me. Drummond's combo of skill and size might be tough to turn down at #2. I like Barnes' offense more that MKG's although he still needs to work on creating his own shot.

I don't think Derozan is a good enough player to worry how other pieces fit with him. At least not for now. If MKG is a similar player but better then see ya later Derozan.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #7
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
A small forward that can dunk!? He just shot up to #1 on my list!

Your funny! Tell your mom I say hi!
T-Low is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Me too I think. Davis is definitely #1 for me. Drummond's combo of skill and size might be tough to turn down at #2. I like Barnes' offense more that MKG's although he still needs to work on creating his own shot.

I don't think Derozan is a good enough player to worry how other pieces fit with him. At least not for now. If MKG is a similar player but better then see ya later Derozan.

I agree with this. DeRozan has been disappointing. He fkn tweeted all summer about how hard he was going at the gym and how he was there every day, but I think he should spend less time talking about it on twitter and just do it. You don't see the best players in the League always tweeting about how hard they're working, they just do.

However, I don't agree with your order of the guys. From what I've seen, I'd take Drummond #1 for sure, then Davis, Barnes, MKG, and, I know some won't agree with this at all, Jeremy Lamb for his pure ability to score the rock, which we are greatly lacking on the perimeter, and he still has loads of potential to tap into. If I could make anything happen, though, I'd give us the first overall pick in a draft where there was a once-in-a-generation point guard prospect.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
Awkrewen
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Awkrewen has decent reputation

For me Davis is definately #1, to much potential not to be, Barnes is 2, Kidd-Gilchrist is #3 and Drummond is #4. I am not sold on Drummond ability to dominate at the nba level yet. Probably will change my mind multiple times before the draft, I just hope the Raptors finish with a top 4 pick and get one of these guys.
Awkrewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anthony Davis continues to beast it up. Tanking is completely justified if there is a chance to get a player like him. It'll obviously take some luck as well.

I dream of a potential Jonas V/Anthony Davis frontcourt pairing.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #11
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

i had mentioned this during the off season and everyone here jumped on me. i had said that DD needs to show a lot of improvement to be considered an asset and everyone was jumping on me at the time. I wished i was wrong but so far DD hasn't shown anything. Stars are stars from the beginning. You dont give them season after season to show their value.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #12
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
i had mentioned this during the off season and everyone here jumped on me. i had said that DD needs to show a lot of improvement to be considered an asset and everyone was jumping on me at the time. I wished i was wrong but so far DD hasn't shown anything. Stars are stars from the beginning. You dont give them season after season to show their value.

well derozan has been crap this year.
But his first to second year progression was decent.

And, no, stars aren't always jumping out of the gate. There are tons of NBA all-stars that require some development time before breaking out.
Tracy McGrady is a good example. Zach Randolph is another. Those are the first two that jump in my head but there are lots of guys that take time. Don't forget a lot of guys come to the NBA as children and are going up against full-grown men. Derozan was pretty wet behind the ears his first year, just like Ed Davis.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #13
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
well derozan has been crap this year.
But his first to second year progression was decent.

And, no, stars aren't always jumping out of the gate. There are tons of NBA all-stars that require some development time before breaking out.
Tracy McGrady is a good example. Zach Randolph is another. Those are the first two that jump in my head but there are lots of guys that take time. Don't forget a lot of guys come to the NBA as children and are going up against full-grown men. Derozan was pretty wet behind the ears his first year, just like Ed Davis.

correct me if i am wrong, but Tracy McGrady made an impact teh 2nd year he was in the league. The guy's development was way beyond what derozan has shown in his first three years. And you can't include Zach Randolph in this list. He was a nut case that has always had problems. He always had skills but was in situations, like NY, where his bad behavior was destroying him.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #14
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

actually tracy mcgrady was not as developed as derozan even in his third year.
in his second season tracy only average 9ppg. In his third he averaged 15.
Wasn't until his 4th season that he reached star status.
Zach Randolph didn't play for NY until his 7th season. He was producing at an elite level long before that. He wasn't considered a "winner" until reaching Memphis, but he became an elite pf in his 3rd season.

Want another example. How about Kobe Bryant. He didn't reach his elite status until his 4th season. His second season looked very much like demar's.

These are all facts you can look up yourself.

I'm not saying Demar will turn into kobe or tracy mcgrady because I don;t think that. I actually agree with you about Derozan's ceiling. I have been a proponent of trading derozan. I would rather have James Harden or someone of that skill set. Derozan is at best a 3rd option on a good team.

Just saying your wrong about stars being elite nba players as soon as they step on the court. For every Derrick Rose there is a Lamarcus Aldridge (in case you needed another example).

Even Chris Bosh didn't come into elite status until his third year.

Want another example. Steve Nash. You know the canadian dude that won 2 mvps. In his 4th season Steve averaged 8 pts and 5 assts.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #15
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Steve Nash is basically the exception to every rule. You can't use him as a likely example for anyone. I always say it because I think it's true, by the 3rd or 4th year in the NBA, you pretty much see what a player is going to be. That's assuming they've had regular playing time.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: