Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Quick point about the Broncos & Tebow

-The Broncos had the second WORST record in the entire league last season. They were awful.
-If you would've told Broncos fans that they would lose to the Patriots in the divisional round of the playoffs before the season started, they would've gladly accepted that.

-The Broncos had the second WORST record last season, AND they were 1-4 before starting Tebow this season.
-If you would've told Broncos fans that they would lose to the Patriots in the divisional round of the playoffs after the first 5 games, they would've gladly accepted that.

Those facts are indisputable. The turnaround by that franchise in one season was pretty impressive. But keep on hating on Tebow. Just thought I'd point out the quick turnaround they've had. Carry on with the hate!
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #2
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Quick point about the Broncos & Tebow

I believe in Tebow. He's going to get better because he works, is willing to be coaches and is passionate about his craft.

People want to judge him under 4th or 5th year quarterback expectations, but this guy is still basically a rookie. Will that option stuff be the foundation of a championship team? No, but it can be incorporated on a random basis in a game and be an effective tool. It's up to the coaching staff to realize that, ad ultimately give Tebow the green light to sling it.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #3
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

I'm a Tebow fan, not a Broncos fan. I also realize he has a long way to go to master the skill set he must to be anything more than an adequate pro. But I believe the positives he brings buys time for him to become a good enough passer to continue to win games.

Looking forward to seeing him after a full off season, OTAs and camp as the #1.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #4
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What is the point of this thread? Tebow already gets way more than enough love and attention, so why more?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:50 AM   #5
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im not a Tebow believer...some people just can't throw a football.

I don't think he will be a starter 5 years from now

I also think the Broncos miracle wins had much more to do with their defense than Tebow...it wasn't like he was putting up 40 on teams
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I still think at some point, that Tebow not being a John Fox/John Elway guy becomes a problem.

There is no doubt the guy has certain intangibles that help lead a football team, but the skillset for many great QB's goes ALONGSIDE the intangibles. With Tebow, that doesn't seem to be the case. Being a great leader shouldn't be your main attribute.

One thing that bugs me. He's not an underdog. He's a world class athlete who won national championship at Florida, and was a first round pick. Grew up in great settings with tons of support from his family. Lets quit pretending like he overcame unusual amounts of adversity. I'm not shocked he did what he did this year, but the challenge will be to keep this up.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #7
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
One thing that bugs me. He's not an underdog. He's a world class athlete who won national championship at Florida, and was a first round pick. Grew up in great settings with tons of support from his family. Lets quit pretending like he overcame unusual amounts of adversity. I'm not shocked he did what he did this year, but the challenge will be to keep this up.

I think the fact that he's been told at each level that he couldn't be a QB, and found a way to get it done, is what has fed that fire. My understanding is it went all the way back to high school.

As for the first round pick, they were roundly ridiculed for using a #1 on a guy everyone perceived to be a #2 or 3. Hence the 'underdog' status.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Tim Tebow throwing motion will keep him less than a real QB. Mike Vick had a similar throwing motion and he has been ok. Its going to be an interesting off season for him.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Tim Tebow throwing motion will keep him less than a real QB. Mike Vick had a similar throwing motion and he has been ok. Its going to be an interesting off season for him.

Mike Vick's motion is nothing like Toebow's, nor was it ever as bad.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They won their division this year, so they get the hard schedule instead of all the powder puffs. Have fun with that.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
No it's not. Vick's is a bit over the top too because he's short. But Vick's footwork is good, even when he's moving. Vick's is much smoother and his follow through is much better. And Vick can be erratic.

Tebow's motion, follow through are also longer than Vick's. And his footwork is random and seemingly changes all the time.

I'm not big Vick fan but let's not throw Vick into this discussion,he's not as fundamentally flawed as Tebow, he's just careless and injury prone.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #12
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
What is the point of this thread? Tebow already gets way more than enough love and attention, so why more?

The point of this thread is just what I said it was in the OP.

Everyone wants to say this or that about Tebow. But I haven't seen ANYONE ANYWHERE mention how awful the Broncos were last year (2nd worst record) and then started out 1-4.

ANY fan would accept a loss in the divisional round of the playoffs if that was what they just went through a season before and after the first 5 games.

Just thought I'd mention it since no one else is. And that Tebow only has 16 career starts. But people want to judge him like he's a 7-year vet and like the Broncos are perennial Super Bowl contenders.

I'm not even a Broncos fan, I just think it's funny some of the hate Tebow receives considering the turnaround he led his team to.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #13
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Mike Vick throws laser beams 65 yards down field.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #14
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
-The Broncos had the second WORST record in the entire league last season. They were awful.
-If you would've told Broncos fans that they would lose to the Patriots in the divisional round of the playoffs before the season started, they would've gladly accepted that.

-The Broncos had the second WORST record last season, AND they were 1-4 before starting Tebow this season.
-If you would've told Broncos fans that they would lose to the Patriots in the divisional round of the playoffs after the first 5 games, they would've gladly accepted that.

Those facts are indisputable. The turnaround by that franchise in one season was pretty impressive. But keep on hating on Tebow. Just thought I'd point out the quick turnaround they've had. Carry on with the hate!
wtf is wrong with people that they feel the need to overglorify one player on the team. That team was incredible this year, specifically their defense. The only games they won were ones that the defense kept them in. Yet, no love for von miller? what about the kicker? While the tebow story is a nice line for the media and people who only casually pay attention to the NFL, it is shocking to me the # of people who cant see through the bull and recognize the tebow angle is mostly hype in a team sport.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #15
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
this is just not true.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: