Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-23-2012, 01:59 AM   #1
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool
Default NBA 2k12 very flawed compared to FIFA 12

Impossible to play defense.. impossible to rebound...Damn near impossible to drive baseline without going out of bounds..

I was addicted to Fifa for the past few months.. this game is brilliant and genius all around, but it has jaded my view of basketball games..

The programmers at 2k12 need to take a note from FIFA 12, asap.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:43 AM   #2
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board
Default Re: NBA 2k12 very flawed compared to FIFA 12

Fifa 12 is soooo much more fun to play than 2K12 that it's embarrassing. My player is sooooooooo broken and their online serves are complete garbage.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:21 AM   #3
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

All of those things you claim are impossible I do quite well with the exception of playing on ball defense on explosive perimeter players.

You probably just suck at the game.

I'm getting FIFA soon though.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #4
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch

Ai2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation here

Yeah. I can actually do all that fairly well. My brother is an excellent rebounder. You have to find a player who suits your play. Use their go to moves and such. Practice.
Ai2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

NBA 2k12 is flawed. The worst is when you constantly play great defense and the cpu hits his shot with time expiring. I understand it happens in real life but the success rate in NBA 2k12 is much higher. Also the cpu team offensive rebounding skills are amazing and they never miss open shots. I had kendrick fcking perkins hit like 5 mid range jump shots gtfoh.

anyways you have to find good sliders to limit the cpu cheating.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Keep practicing, OP.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
NBA 2k12 is flawed. The worst is when you constantly play great defense and the cpu hits his shot with time expiring. I understand it happens in real life but the success rate in NBA 2k12 is much higher. Also the cpu team offensive rebounding skills are amazing and they never miss open shots. I had kendrick fcking perkins hit like 5 mid range jump shots gtfoh.

anyways you have to find good sliders to limit the cpu cheating.
YOu whine too much man the cpu doesn't cheat, lol......every game has glitches, esp one as intricate as 2k.....you gotta take the good with the bad or power your system down.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
YOu whine too much man the cpu doesn't cheat, lol......every game has glitches, esp one as intricate as 2k.....you gotta take the good with the bad or power your system down.

Yeah what a f*ck whiner

Change the game sliders if you're unhappy with the defense you're playing.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

2k definitely does have some flaws, but overall I think its a pretty good game. Playing on ball defense and getting rebounds is not that hard, and if you keep dribbling out of bounds you must be really terrible. Unfortunately the loss of nba elite may cause the madden effect on the 2k series. Without any competition, they just dont need to try as hard anymore.

Last edited by KeylessEntry : 01-23-2012 at 02:22 PM.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #10
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
2k definitely does have some flaws, but overall I think its a pretty good game. Unfortunately the loss of nba elite may cause the madden effect on the 2k series. Without any competition, they just dont need to try as hard anymore.

This

And LOL @ people pulling out the "you suck" card.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
This

And LOL @ people pulling out the "you suck" card.
Was there any truth in the OP? He's obviously not very good.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Was there any truth in the OP? He's obviously not very good.

Those problems do exist albeit in specific areas.

Sometimes with defense, there isn't any collision. Like even when you bump a guy sometimes he'll just run in place against you. But that can be fixed with sliders.

With rebounding, sometimes your guys just don't box out. There isn't anything sliders can really do about that.

But my point is that people are quick to pull the "you suck" thing and act like there aren't still major flaws in the game. It's a game. I know there are going to be issues. But there are some things 2K still hasn't gotten down yet.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #13
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
All of those things you claim are impossible I do quite well with the exception of playing on ball defense on explosive perimeter players.
I do this fairly well too, aside from the few times when the player tends to almost go through me. Then again, my player is almost identical to LeBron in size and athletecism.

In contrast, I just started another MP with a 7ft C and I can't rebound to save my life, whereas I average 8 rebounds with my SF. A lot of what you can do well in this game is dependent on your own style of play I think.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #14
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

If your in myplayer you need better stats to do those things, i couldn't rebound properly either now i pull down over 12 a game in 8 min quarters without trying (i try to break abit), you need to learn to jump later too rather then as soon as it hits the rim in 2k11. Driving is fine to once you learn the moves and have high enough stats. Quick defenders will get by you if you defend them too close, need to give them enough space but be quick enough to react if they try to take a shot.
With rebounding too at first i was getting annoyed because my 6'4 pg could rebound better then my 7' centre. It's to do with timing your jump right for your height, big guys need to jump later then a small guy. Also turning on simulation seems easier to rebound and fixes afew other iffy things (like how easy it is to just spam steal when defending an inbound passer to either get the ball or block it back off his body for a turn over.

There's always bugs in the 2k games but tbh i rarely find myself getting so angry now i turn off the xbox like 2k11 did. Before the patch that fixed up things though yeah it sucked balls but now it's fine.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #15
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Yeah what a f*ck whiner

Change the game sliders if you're unhappy with the defense you're playing.

You can change sliders for online games?
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: