Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 01-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default It's Official

We are now the worst team in the league. If that guaranteed the #1 pick it would be easier to take. As it is even if we finish with the worst record we will only have a 25% chance at the #1 pick. At least this year's draft is deep.

Some encouraging words from the comments in the Charlotte Observer today:

Quote:
Any of the top 6 picks would be huge in what should be a loaded and deep draft. I know its hard for the naysayers to understand, but this is the best option the Bobcats have. They made mistakes in the past, paying good players like they were elite (Okafor/Wallace/Jackson) and mediocre/bad players like they were good (too many on that list to name). It seems like they have finally admitted their mistakes and are trying to fix it, and I give them credit for that.

Look at some other teams who rebuilt this way. OKC might win a championship this year because they took their lumps, had a few terrible seasons, and got Durant/Westbrook. Minnesota has the potential to be great for the next decade because of their lottery picks from the last few years. The Clippers went from laughing stock to having one of the best duos in the NBA through the lottery. I would much rather be in this spot then be like the Bobcats teams of the last few years. Id take 3-16 with a top 3 or 4 pick and a clear cap on the way over 8-11 with the 15th pick and a maxed out cap.

That thinking gives me hope, but it's still hard to watch this team right now.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation
Default Re: It's Official

If you guys did get the #1 overall pick, who would you want?

Drummond?

Davis?

Would you rather get a SF like MKG or Harrison Barnes?

Hell, the top 7 in this draft is pretty strong, so unless the Bobcats start an unexpected surge of winning, you should get a quality player.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
C-A-T-S
@Bobcats f o r u m PSD

C-A-T-S has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
If you guys did get the #1 overall pick, who would you want?

Drummond?

Davis?

Would you rather get a SF like MKG or Harrison Barnes?

Hell, the top 7 in this draft is pretty strong, so unless the Bobcats start an unexpected surge of winning, you should get a quality player.

Davis, Drummond if he changes his mind and doesn't stay another year.
C-A-T-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:01 AM   #4
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Don't mean any disrespect to the organisation, but we're simply not going to attract big name players here anytime soon, MJ or not. The draft in the 2-3 seasons is crucial. I anticipate we'll get a top 3 pick for this year's draft and look to build from there. The rest of this season is not going to be pretty.

But surely the only way is up from here onwards, if we don't bite on signing mid-level talents on not so great contracts, and allow the young players to get some court time and take the rough with the smooth.

This is why I feel a team like Milwaukee are never going to get anywhere. Consistently, season after season they sign, or trade for guys who've been in the league 7-8 or more seasons (Drew Gooden, Corey Maggette, Stephen Jackson plys more) and are the epitome of a middle of the road team. Only youngsters they give burn are Brandon Jennings, and Bogut when he first came into the league. I think Larry Sanders could be a really good player, if only they'd give him some more PT.

If the team remains patient and builds from the ground up like OKC, Minnesota, maybe we can get there in a few seasons. Proof is in the pudding now that building from the ground up is working for some teams, I just hope the front office remains patient and doesn't bite on signing too many mediocre players who are just going to cut into the playing time of some of our younger players. I'm already looking forward to this year's draft anyway.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Our best chance at a good FA would be Stephen Curry in 2013.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Heh, we ain't seen nothing yet! Tonight we're playing Philly at their house where i don't think they've lost at yet. We're starting Gana instead of Mully and Hendo's out, so we're looking at our scorers being...Matt Carroll?

I read somewhere that our starters total PPG for tonight was like 30. Our entire roster available is less than 60 PPG.

Odds are we're going to break a record tonight...and it's not going to be a good thing.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Better hide your children. Diop, and Carroll are starting tonight, thats basically a disaster.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Better hide your children. Diop, and Carroll are starting tonight, thats basically a disaster.

I can't watch. I'm going to a minor league hockey game and I refuse to even check the score till tomorrow morning.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #9
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Well, it wasn't as bad as we thought it might be, even if we only scored 10 points in the 1st quarter.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: