Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-08-2007, 02:14 AM   #1
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far
Default i need help losing weight badly

has any heard good things about weight watchers?

anyways im 6 foot 3 325 pounds and dont exercise at all, i need to lose atleast 50 pounds before i go on vacation to disney world in december.

how could i start out?

walking the best thing?
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:34 AM   #2
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

There is another thread about losing weight near the bottom of the page.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:50 AM   #3
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Two threads already made.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:15 AM   #4
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41

anyways im 6 foot 3 325 pounds and dont exercise at all, i need to lose atleast 50 pounds before i go on vacation to disney world in december.

how could i start out?

walking the best thing?

you should try sumo wrestling, you will lose some weight and it is a fun

activity for fat people
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #5
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
There is another thread about losing weight near the bottom of the page.

sorry, I didnt scroll down enough to see it, my bad.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
Ghost_Delay
Decent playground baller

Ghost_Delay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41

how could i start out?

walking the best thing?

Wow I'm 6 foot 3 & 150 pounds

Best of luck to you man.
Ghost_Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:12 PM   #7
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Delay
Wow I'm 6 foot 3 & 150 pounds

Best of luck to you man.

lol, yea it might seem bad but Ive been big all my life, so its okay for now :
Old 01-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #8
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

6'3 150 dude needs to gain some weight. My weight was starting to get back up , all the way to 218 (when I'm usually 195-205) so I went on an eating plan and I'm back down to 200 pretty quickly, less than a month actually. I'll post what I usually eat. I track my calories, protein, and fat so I can post exact menus

yea and at my fattest I was about 275. I still have the school ID with that picture on it. I keep it with me
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:28 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stop snacking and posting while online is one way. I'm surprised Datz was 275 considering he seems like he plays basketball a lot.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:49 PM   #10
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Not only do I hate this guys online bandwagoning personality, but I now hate his real life personlaity too.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:57 PM   #11
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

dgilbert has no real reputation yet.

Really you just gotta change your diet, and start getting active. Because your quite a bit overweight, you don't want to do anything like running because it would be to hard on your legs, either join a gym, or go by a used eliptical machine(don't use machines where you are sitting, this is not exercise). If you spend about 45 mins a day doing that, along with a some walking, and then changing your eating habits, the weight will fall off of you.

The biggest misconception is you have to starve yourself, this is simply not true. I was 6"2 250, and was able to get down to 215 in 4 months, The main thing is stay away from red meat(I know that sucks), I ate either chicken or turkey breat everyday, along with things like pasta, rice, potato, deli meats, and of course fruits and lots of water. The main thing you gotta watch for is your fat intake, you don't want to consume fats in high amounts. If you stick with a lifestyle like that you could easily lose a 100 pounds in a year's time, it's gonna be some hard work to make these changes, but believe me you will love it when you drop that weight, life will feel so much easier, and less draining for you.

To give you an idea of hard your body has to work to carry that extra weight, go to a gym and pick-up a pair of 65 pound barbells, now walk across the gym floor and then walk back, this gives you great insite to how hard it is to carry that extra 130 pounds that you are currently carrying around. Just remember it's not going to happen overnight, don't obsess over the scale, there are weeks where you may not lose weight, expecially if you get into weight training. Just remember it took many years to put that weight on, it's not all gonna be gone in a couple months, be patient and in a year's time you won't regret it.

Hope that helps you a bit, and whatever you do don't waste your money on weight watchers or jenny craig, that money is much better spent on a gym membership.
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:12 PM   #12
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
6'3 150 dude needs to gain some weight. My weight was starting to get back up , all the way to 218 (when I'm usually 195-205) so I went on an eating plan and I'm back down to 200 pretty quickly, less than a month actually. I'll post what I usually eat. I track my calories, protein, and fat so I can post exact menus

yea and at my fattest I was about 275. I still have the school ID with that picture on it. I keep it with me

congrats man, give me some hope because I wanna lose 100 pounds and get down to 225
Old 01-08-2007, 04:14 PM   #13
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Stop snacking and posting while online is one way. I'm surprised Datz was 275 considering he seems like he plays basketball a lot.

yea I know, last time I went on a diet I always lose 10-15 pounds and then I just get distracted and never get back on my diet, I know I can do it, but I just gotta execute the gameplan for more than a month this time :
Old 01-08-2007, 04:20 PM   #14
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgilbert
Really you just gotta change your diet, and start getting active. Because your quite a bit overweight, you don't want to do anything like running because it would be to hard on your legs, either join a gym, or go by a used eliptical machine(don't use machines where you are sitting, this is not exercise). If you spend about 45 mins a day doing that, along with a some walking, and then changing your eating habits, the weight will fall off of you.

The biggest misconception is you have to starve yourself, this is simply not true. I was 6"2 250, and was able to get down to 215 in 4 months, The main thing is stay away from red meat(I know that sucks), I ate either chicken or turkey breat everyday, along with things like pasta, rice, potato, deli meats, and of course fruits and lots of water. The main thing you gotta watch for is your fat intake, you don't want to consume fats in high amounts. If you stick with a lifestyle like that you could easily lose a 100 pounds in a year's time, it's gonna be some hard work to make these changes, but believe me you will love it when you drop that weight, life will feel so much easier, and less draining for you.

To give you an idea of hard your body has to work to carry that extra weight, go to a gym and pick-up a pair of 65 pound barbells, now walk across the gym floor and then walk back, this gives you great insite to how hard it is to carry that extra 130 pounds that you are currently carrying around. Just remember it's not going to happen overnight, don't obsess over the scale, there are weeks where you may not lose weight, expecially if you get into weight training. Just remember it took many years to put that weight on, it's not all gonna be gone in a couple months, be patient and in a year's time you won't regret it.

Hope that helps you a bit, and whatever you do don't waste your money on weight watchers or jenny craig, that money is much better spent on a gym membership.

thanks for the tips, and I will try the epliptic machine again because my town has a rec center with a full lenght bball court, plus treadmills,weight training,bicycles, lots of stuff and it only costs 15 a year so thats where I will be atleast 3 times a week to start off.

But man, I tried one of those epilictic mahines, and that wore me out in about 3 minutes lol, that is very hard to do.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #15
Ghost_Delay
Decent playground baller

Ghost_Delay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty

More like muscles :/
Ghost_Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: