Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 02-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #1
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

sportin_life has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade help

Which side would you prefer in this trade:

Gerald Wallace + Rudy Gay

or

Pau Gasol + Jrue Holiday

The trade seems pretty fair to me, since both Wallace and Holiday are playing kind of crappy. I need a center / shot blocker, but don't really need another PG. On the other hand I have a glut of SF.
sportin_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Trade help

So which side of the trade you on again?
Team A receiving G.W and R.G, will be getting a defensive anchor who is a second option and a first option.
Team B gets two players who are in some kinda slump compared to their career averages and potential. Pau is not gonna be better fantasy wise unless Bynum breaks a knee (please no) but Jrue might have no choice but to put up better numbers as the season goes on to assure a good seed for the Sixers.
The trade is fair on the first glance but upon some contemplation I'm sure you will agree Team A will be better off.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

I would be getting Pau and Holiday.

I need a blocking center, which is the main reason I'm considering the deal (my other centers are Marc Gasol, Anderson and Camby, but I don't trust Camby to last the season and Anderson isn't a true center). I kind of need a PG (have Rubio and did have Calderon, which I dropped for Lin when Calderon was slumping and there were rumors he was going to the bench --- probably a mistake), which is why I'm considering grabbing Holiday.

GW's finger worries me since he hasn't been 100% all season and RG has been decent but not great. I'm also not sure how much Zach will affect RG when he comes back next month.

Last edited by sportin_life : 02-09-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportin_life
I would be getting Pau and Holiday.

I need a blocking center, which is the main reason I'm considering the deal (my other centers are Marc Gasol, Anderson and Camby, but I don't trust Camby to last the season and Anderson isn't a true center). I kind of need a PG (have Rubio and did have Calderon, which I dropped for Lin when Calderon was slumping and there were rumors he was going to the bench --- probably a mistake), which is why I'm considering grabbing Holiday.

GW's finger worries me since he hasn't been 100% all season and RG has been decent but not great. I'm also not sure how much Zach will affect RG when he comes back next month.
Last season Rudy Gay was putting up better numbers than what he is outing now in 54 games with Zbo before he got injured, Gay is a sure 20+ PPG guy. But do what you think is needed to improve your team.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #5
ohdilly
I airball my layups

ohdilly has an OK reputation so far

I wrote a whole paragraph of how PAU/JRUE was the better pickup but then in the end i realized that Gay/Wallace is more solid.

with rudy and GW you'll get atleast 15/5/4 each. you'll also get more steals which is a very overlooked stat sometimes.

Post your roster up so we can take a look at it closer..

I would get Pau tho if i can trade jrue for someone else that you need stat-wise thats about it.
ohdilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #6
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

The rest of my roster is solid, but not amazing; 12 team roto; enough to currently be in 1st but the #2 will likely overtake me by season's end unless I make some moves.

PG: Rubio, Lin
SG: Harden, Ray Allen
SF: Durant, G Wallace, Gay
PF: Bargnani, Gooden, Milsap
C: Marc Gasol, Anderson, Camby
Old 02-10-2012, 01:12 AM   #7
ohdilly
I airball my layups

ohdilly has an OK reputation so far

after seeing your lineup, I would get Pau + Holiday. You'll have plenty of bigs that means the rest of the league doesn't. Trade for a solid PG because your going to be losing assist.

If your good at trades im sure you can get somebody like teague,felton,lawson for gooden for example. Check your league on who's thin on bigs. Ask for Tony parker,jennings,,rondo,elliss,curry for paul milsap or pau. you have alot of options here so just shoot offers.

My team used to look like yours with alot of bigs now i have 4 solid PGs and 4 solid bigs.
ohdilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #8
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

Maybe dropping Calderon for Lin wasn't such a bad idea after all the way he's been playing... Calderon is elite for assists but Bayless was taking his minutes prior to his injury. I think Lin will drop off after this recent explosion and settle down at ~ 14 pts, 8 assists once Melo/Stat are back.

I ended up taking PGasol/Jrue for Wallace/Gay. I just don't see Wallace putting up elite stats this year and Gay has been really inconsistent so far. I still think Zach will eat at his stats even though they were fine together last year. Also, if PGasol gets traded his stats should explode. My new lineup:

PG: Rubio, Jrue, Lin
SG: Harden, Ray Allen
SF: Durant, (Harden)
PF: PGasol, Bargnani, Milsap, Gooden
C: Marc Gasol, Anderson, Camby

I'll see if I can package Camby/Lin, Gooden/Lin for a solid SG/SF since I now have 6 center eligible players.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: