Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Tough call, Kobe does it again!

I don't know about that 5 second violation, that was borderline... but regardless it was an amazing game. Calderon had the game of his life, everybody fought hard, there were a few critical mistakes down the stretch, but I can't be mad at the effort or at the loss. I like the way this team is progressing under Casey and I can't wait until he gets some more talent to work with. I hope BC isn't stupid and pulls a quick trigger on him early into next season as is his tradition.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Tough call, Kobe does it again!

Bayless needs to hurry back so the Raptors can trade Calderon and Barbosa. Not saying that Bayless is better than Calderon (he isn't) but let's face it, Jose has no future with this team, might have some value and it would definitely help the tanking.

It's all up to Bryan Colangelo to make the right decisions now. (we're screwed)
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah. I feel like Calderon's trade value is sky high right now. I sincerely hope (although I highly doubt it) that he is at least being shopped.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Yeah. I feel like Calderon's trade value is sky high right now. I sincerely hope (although I highly doubt it) that he is at least being shopped.
It would be a tough sell to the casual fan with Bayless still injured. That's why he needs to come back and stay healthy. You're not going to bring in any more fans to watch Anthony Carter and Barbosa run the point for an already bad team.

It's the whole business vs long-term on-court success battle this year. That's why giving Colangelo such a short contract was a mistake IMO. Bring in someone new, let them implement their rebuilding plan and put some faith into it. It's like the Jays have done with Anthopoulos.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
It would be a tough sell to the casual fan with Bayless still injured. That's why he needs to come back and stay healthy. You're not going to bring in any more fans to watch Anthony Carter and Barbosa run the point for an already bad team.

It's the whole business vs long-term on-court success battle this year. That's why giving Colangelo such a short contract was a mistake IMO. Bring in someone new, let them implement their rebuilding plan and put some faith into it. It's like the Jays have done with Anthopoulos.

Unless he gets traded for another pg.

How about
Jose and Ed D.
for
Devin Harris and Derrick Favors?

or something of that nature/
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I think you are really underrating the value of Derrick Favors. I think the only asset the Raptors could get him with is the upcoming lottery pick. He was the centerpiece of the Deron Williams deal I think he's the future at PF in Utah even though they seem to be bringing him along slowly. Also, if he was traded to the Raptors he'd have to change his name to "Favours". He probably doesn't want to deal with that hassle.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Sweet loss today!

I love watching the Raptors this year...cause losses are a like wins.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I think you are really underrating the value of Derrick Favors. I think the only asset the Raptors could get him with is the upcoming lottery pick. He was the centerpiece of the Deron Williams deal I think he's the future at PF in Utah even though they seem to be bringing him along slowly. Also, if he was traded to the Raptors he'd have to change his name to "Favours". He probably doesn't want to deal with that hassle.

your probably right about favors.
he wouldn't want to change his name

but i can see the raps trading jose for a pg.
i was also thinking of a three way with la and houston where we get a similar package that no was offered for bargs and calderon and they move them for gasol. in the package back we would get dragic and the rest of the no haul.

i think the package was dragic, martin, scola and a first rounder.
In order for LA to agree they would have to get a piece of that.

Maybe they get bargs, calderon and scola?

Last edited by bluerap : 02-12-2012 at 07:22 PM.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: