Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Reality Check

I know we're all excited. So am I. It's a breath of fresh air to not only get some wins but finally have some solid pg play.

Let's keep things in perspective though. Only two of the 5 teams we've beat have winning records and Utah is on a losing streak.

We still have plenty of holes on this team. I think it's ignorant that some of us are parading around boasting that we don't need Melo and Amare. The regular season and the playoffs are 2 totally different beast. Only team that won a ring w/o at least one elite player is the Pistons, and that's partially because Kobe and Shaq were feuding.

End of the day, with all the talk of Melo and Amare needing to get us involved, the supporting cast needs to get them involved too. Theyve singlehandedly won us games despite terrible play from our supporting cast. We aren't winning any playoff series with just Jeremy Lin. Sorry to burst some people's bubbles. We need ALL hands on deck. We need our stars to play like stars and our supporting cast to support. We need to have the coaches, front office, stars, supporting casts and even the fans with the common goal of gettin our Knicks on the right track. Last thing we need are some bandwagon Knicks fans salivating for Melo and/or Amare to screw up so they can wait and see Lin win us a few meaningless regular season games. Let's support ALL of our Knicks!

Last edited by franchize : 02-12-2012 at 08:53 PM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Reality Check

Especially Jared Jeffries.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I tried saying this when everyone kept saying the bench was trash.

I have always believed the team was better than the record they were holding, including the bench.

Now I never thought Lin would be the player he seems to be, but overall I thought the team was a contender.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Define contender though. It will most likely be an upset if they get out of the first round.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Define contender though. It will most likely be an upset if they get out of the first round.
It depends on who they play whether it's viewed as an upset.

I have felt the whole entire time that this team had the pieces to win it all.

Although I had rested those hopes on Baron Davis getting healthy, seeing the emergence of Lin pg play gives even better hope to that.

I don't feel like pulling threads, but I have maintain this team has the pieces that champions are built from.

They just have to put it together.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #6
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

What I meant is, I doubt they're pulling down a top-4 seed at this point.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
What I meant is, I doubt they're pulling down a top-4 seed at this point.
Honestly outside of Miami and Chicago I don't see a single other team that is really a threat either.

Hawks, Indy, Orlando is playing .500 ball right now, and are all having issues at the moment, and I can see each othe them slipping.

There is only 4 teams right now in the East playing good basketball, and ironically they are the 1-2-7-8 spots at the moment.

I think the top 8 at the moment are set, but the seeding...hardly.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #8
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Nothing is Linpossible.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #9
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek

Melo and Stat must come back and fall in line with whats going on or get benched. They have to play both ends of the floor. hold the ball for 3 seconds make quicker decisions pass/shoot/attack the rim.

The Knicks wont win in the playoffs without Melo and Stat on board.
As much as you say want to say the 36 million dollar players single handily won a few games for the Knicks they didnt make the team better. Thats a reality check!

If the Knicks are going to do anything in the playoffs though these guys has to play at a high level!
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #10
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Rameek, are you talking to yourself?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:01 AM   #11
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Rameek, are you talking to yourself?
Yes I like to speak in the 3rd person a lot.

Also I like to talk(quote) to myself

http://youtu.be/KyRZIbC_n-c

Old 02-13-2012, 12:43 AM   #12
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This team has top 4(in the east) talent on it. Whether they finish that way is up to the coaching.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:40 AM   #13
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Thank god Mike D'antoni's a good coach then.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
This team has top 4(in the east) talent on it. Whether they finish that way is up to the coaching.
Yep, he now knows he has the pieces to make it such, and the conference is more open to take a higher spot.

I would like to send a shout out to James Dolan (not joking)

He knows absolutely nothing about basketball, but he put pieces in place that can build a solid team.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #15
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Yep, he now knows he has the pieces to make it such, and the conference is more open to take a higher spot.

I would like to send a shout out to James Dolan (not joking)

He knows absolutely nothing about basketball, but he put pieces in place that can build a solid team.

Did anyone else hear about Dolan was going to fire D'Antoni if he lost the 3 games leading up to the Superbowl and if he didnt play Lin?

True Story
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: