Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-15-2012, 04:05 AM   #1
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Chances we make some moves this year?

What do you guys think the chances are that we make some moves?

Sign someone
Ai
Gil
Jr smith
Sheed

Trade for someone
Dwill
Kyle Lowry
Dwight
Rondo
Harris&milsap
Andre miller
Sessions
Conley
Scola

Move someone
Pau
Drew
Mwp
Kobe

Fire mike brown

In the event we do, hire

Shaw
Rambis
Jvg
Sloan

I still think we'd be up there with some minor tweaks.
I really think with jvg,Sloan or even rambis

Along with jr smith addition and trading pau for scola and Lowry or scola and sessions would make us elite.

We'd make serious noise.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Chances we make some moves this year?

I agree that making a move is necessary....

I think our biggest weakness is lack of ball handlers
that can penetrate into the paint and get their defence
reacting... That creates open shots for everyone....

Who can we get to fill this role?

I like the Aaron Brooks idea but he is a RFA and I am
unsure how we do that deal???
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
What do you guys think the chances are that we make some moves?

Sign someone
Ai
Gil
Jr smith
Sheed

Trade for someone
Dwill
Kyle Lowry
Dwight
Rondo
Harris&milsap
Andre miller
Sessions
Conley
Scola

Move someone
Pau
Drew
Mwp
Kobe

Fire mike brown

In the event we do, hire

Shaw
Rambis
Jvg
Sloan

I still think we'd be up there with some minor tweaks.
I really think with jvg,Sloan or even rambis

Along with jr smith addition and trading pau for scola and Lowry or scola and sessions would make us elite.

We'd make serious noise.

Oooh....some of the names I loved.....some seriously made me cringe
Much more good than bad. Trade Kobe??? Shaw or Rambis
Everything else works for me

I have faith that good changes are coming.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Oooh....some of the names I loved.....some seriously made me cringe
Much more good than bad. Trade Kobe??? Shaw or Rambis
Everything else works for me

I have faith that good changes are coming.

Haha

I just threw some names out there. Guys that I've heard tied to the lakeshow.

Honestly with jvd or Sloan and a good pg.
That's all we really need to make some noise again.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #5
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Btw.

No way in hell I deal kb.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:30 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Now as I look at how the lakers have been playing with certain players, I am starting to think that all we need to do to improve is just bench Fisher.

Steve Blake and Goudelock have been playing well enough to not be considered useless. Goudelock especially has really been a pleasant surprise.

If we start Blake and have him and goudelock share minutes, I think this team would be significantly better.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:50 AM   #7
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Now as I look at how the lakers have been playing with certain players, I am starting to think that all we need to do to improve is just bench Fisher.

Steve Blake and Goudelock have been playing well enough to not be considered useless. Goudelock especially has really been a pleasant surprise.

If we start Blake and have him and goudelock share minutes, I think this team would be significantly better.

I feel the same way, however.

To become elite, we really do need a change at the lead guard spot.

Sessions, lowry, or even Devin harris would be nice.

Guys, I'm just DYING for someone to make us look better. A lead guard will LEAD this team, making EVERYONE a lot better, and consistent. Bigs and maybe even MWP.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:23 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I feel the same way, however.

To become elite, we really do need a change at the lead guard spot.

Sessions, lowry, or even Devin harris would be nice.

Guys, I'm just DYING for someone to make us look better. A lead guard will LEAD this team, making EVERYONE a lot better, and consistent. Bigs and maybe even MWP.

Yeah, not disagreeing. Its hard to find that one guy though. Who's available?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:57 AM   #9
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Yeah, not disagreeing. Its hard to find that one guy though. Who's available?

You see, this is bullshit. Lol

We need this ONE guy who can be found on anybody's roster.

Basically 29 nba teams have a better pg than we do.

Idk what we need to do to get a quality guy.

I hear sessions is available.
Devin harris is available
Hmmm
Who else?
Isn't mo Williams available?
Baron Davis now that Lin is there?
Dragic
What about getting farmar back?
Kirk?
Old 02-16-2012, 03:41 AM   #10
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Hmmm
Who else?
Dragic
Kirk?

Yea these guys may be available but what do the Lakers have to offer? Sessions is playing well. What do the Lakers have that is enticing? It takes 2 to tango. You cant expect the Lakers to just be able to get a guy bc he is available.

Clippers are not dealing Mo. He has played excellent and certainly Lakers have no one of value to the Clippers.

I wouldn't touch Davis at all. A guy who hasnt played at all this season? I wouldn't trade anything for him. I also pass on Harris who nearly makes 9 mil a year and is getting out played by Earl Watson.

Dragic is a top level backup. Again Lakers have nothing to offer.

All we have is LO's TE and basically nothing else.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:50 AM   #11
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Yea these guys may be available but what do the Lakers have to offer? Sessions is playing well. What do the Lakers have that is enticing? It takes 2 to tango. You cant expect the Lakers to just be able to get a guy bc he is available.

Clippers are not dealing Mo. He has played excellent and certainly Lakers have no one of value to the Clippers.

I wouldn't touch Davis at all. A guy who hasnt played at all this season? I wouldn't trade anything for him. I also pass on Harris who nearly makes 9 mil a year and is getting out played by Earl Watson.

Dragic is a top level backup. Again Lakers have nothing to offer.

All we have is LO's TE and basically nothing else.

This was my problem when we dealt LO.
We didn't get anything for him.
Whatever. That's the past.

The only pieces we have (without us gutting our team or that will actually desired by other teams.)

2 first rounders
Tpe
Morris
Mini mamba
Ebanks
Blake
Mcroberts

That's basically it. Im not saying these guys are just wanted by all ball clubs,
But they're all relatively young guys who can hoop and don't get overpaid.

We'd have to look for a team who
1. Has someone we want
2. Is trying to get rid of said player
3. Wants cap relief, young player, draft picks
4. Thinks our young guys are good and interested

Which is where I'm sure Mitch is stuck.

He doesn't want to give up drew or pau unless he's getting a legit star in return which is smart, but at the same time, you need to give some, so you can take some.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
kobe080
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kobe080 has an OK reputation so far

This is what I've been hearing

Session's price tag is 1st round pick and lakers will definitely try to hold onto the pick until we make a bigger deal for DH.

Dragic was and still is available in a package for Gasol but we don't want to do this deal without knowing we are getting DH.

Rockets are reluctant to give up Lowry.

Once 3/1 hits when all new FA signees can be traded, expect no movement.

UNLESS some team is desperate to unload salary for our TE.
kobe080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

From what I am hearing about the CBA rules is that when you involve a T.E., you cannot involve anything else in that package. A T.E. apparently is to be dealt by itself.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lol I just noticed....why the heck fire mike brown? Seriously man?
Old 02-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #15
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:

Hmmm
Who else?
Dragic
Kirk?

You are very kind......every team has at least 2 PG's who are better than what we have.......most have 3 better
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: