Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Knicks vs Heat - Speak on it while you watch

Sitting here in the hotel room watching the game. May head downstairs to the bar and post some stuff from there.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation
Default Re: Knicks vs Heat - Speak on it while you watch

Lin not lookin good, especially with the unforced TOs, he looks nervous out there. hopefully he turns it around the 2nd half
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Though he's going to the line that drive just now was an example of what I'm talking about when I say Lin lacks vision. Missed that he had Amar'e open for a dump off.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Though he's going to the line that drive just now was an example of what I'm talking about when I say Lin lacks vision. Missed that he had Amar'e open for a dump off.
That was big. He has to see that.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
Da KO King

Poor decision by Lin. Tyson Chandler does not have the ability to finish a play like that. Lin should have moved the ball to the middle of the and called for another ballscreen.

Also take note that 90% of the ballscreens being set are by Tyson. That's part of why Amar'e has struggled all season.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

Quote:
I noticed lin missed amare and chandler like 6 times. Only 2 assists for the first half. Not good.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:

i didnt see the play in question, but some analysts glow about his court vision.. he might be a little hesistant to pick up more TOs
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #8
Da KO King

This right here is why I've NEVER liked Mike D'Antoni as a head coach. He's either too stubborn to do whats needed or he's too out of touch to see it.

This is Jeremy Lin's first prime time game OUTSIDE his home arena. I can look at his eyes and body language and see that the game is moving at 125mph to him right now. As a coach you have to be able to detect that and remedy the situation. Either sit him and talk to him or take the play calling out his hands and have the team run some "easy basket" sets.

Also, Miami is playing with pack-line principles on defense so unless the Knicks start moving the ball they aren't going to score. They have to force them to start cheating and breaking the rules of the defense.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
i didnt see the play in question, but some analysts glow about his court vision.. he might be a little hesistant to pick up more TOs
Just cause analyst say it doesn't make it true. Most NBA analyst are full of sh1t. They watch national games, nightly recaps, and have researchers give them stats. They aren't giving you facts, they are giving you guess-timates and presenting it as a fact.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #10
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
This right here is why I've NEVER liked Mike D'Antoni as a head coach. He's either too stubborn to do whats needed or he's too out of touch to see it.

This is Jeremy Lin's first prime time game OUTSIDE his home arena. I can look at his eyes and body language and see that the game is moving at 125mph to him right now. As a coach you have to be able to detect that and remedy the situation. Either sit him and talk to him or take the play calling out his hands and have the team run some "easy basket" sets.

Also, Miami is playing with pack-line principles on defense so unless the Knicks start moving the ball they aren't going to score. They have to force them to start cheating and breaking the rules of the defense.

D'Antoni never makes adjustments. He plays one way, and that is it.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Lin is struggling but so is everyone else. This wasnt a Lin game it's a Melo & Stat game. To expect otherwise is duh duh
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #12
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Jr smith and baron davis forcing shots. This is a loss in the making. No proper ball movement, erratic shooting, and piss poor defense.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #13
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Lin is struggling but so is everyone else. This wasnt a Lin game it's a Melo & Stat game. To expect otherwise is duh duh
No excuses. Lin did not bring his A game.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
That's a cop out. Lin was overwhelmed and the team suffered because of it.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #15
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Quote:
That's a cop out. Lin was overwhelmed and the team suffered because of it.
Thank you. I notice way too many nyk fans giving lin a pass but are ready to throw amare and melo under the bus when they play this bad.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: