Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 02-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Euroleague Basketball 2011-12: Top 16: Week 6 Game Thread

GROUP E:

Efes vs. CSKA
Olympiacos vs. Galatasaray

GROUP F:

Malaga vs. Bilbao
Montepaschi Siena vs. Real Madrid

GROUP G:

UNICS vs. Panathinaikos
Milan vs. Fenerbahce

GROUP H:

Zalgiris vs. Cantu
Barcelona vs. Maccabi
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:39 AM   #2
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Euroleague Basketball 2011-12: Top 16: Week 6 Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
GROUP F:

Malaga vs. Bilbao
Montepaschi Siena vs. Real Madrid
D'Or Fisher's injured so it'll harder for us to beat Unicaja at their own arena. Let's just hope they don't give a f*ck about the game.
And also, let's see if McCalebb destroys Real Madrid again.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Fiba basketball has decent reputation

Oly Galata is going to be great game
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Darden and Valters aren't playing
Old 03-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
D'Or Fisher's injured so it'll harder for us to beat Unicaja at their own arena. Let's just hope they don't give a f*ck about the game.
And also, let's see if McCalebb destroys Real Madrid again.
Has Bilbao a chance of playing in Euroleague next season ? I know they were playing bad in Endesa at the start but I saw that they played better in last games .
Old 03-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Has Bilbao a chance of playing in Euroleague next season ? I know they were playing bad in Endesa at the start but I saw that they played better in last games .
It's REALLY difficult due to how Euroleague licences work. We'd have to get to the league Finals to get a spot.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
It's REALLY difficult due to how Euroleague licences work. We'd have to get to the league Finals to get a spot.

Not exactly. I believe that you have to finish in 3rd place. For example, make the semifinals and have a better regular season place than the other semifinal loser.

You only have to make the ACB finals if Valencia wins the Eurocup, or if another team with a place lower than the ACB third place from their own domestic league wins the Eurocup (like UNICS last year).

So you don't have to finish 2nd, but it can work out that way (like last year).
Old 03-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Not exactly. I believe that you have to finish in 3rd place. For example, make the semifinals and have a better regular season place than the other semifinal loser.

You only have to make the ACB finals if Valencia wins the Eurocup, or if another team with a place lower than the ACB third place from their own domestic league wins the Eurocup (like UNICS last year).

So you don't have to finish 2nd, but it can work out that way (like last year).
Didn't know about that. It's hard anyway, but we can do it as long as we don't play Barcelona before the Finals.

Game's on, Freeland not starting
Old 03-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Olympiacos is going to win .
Old 03-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #10
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Law shouldnt be playing , he is bad on defence and on offence .
Old 03-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #11
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Playing like crap but up by 2 at halftime
Old 03-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #12
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Law shouldnt be playing , he is bad on defence and on offence .

Law finally played well in this game. Law is good at two things. Ball handling and creating his own shot. If he would improve his outside 3 point shot he could be a Drew Nicholas type of player.

I think he is better suited to be used as a shooting guard. Which didn't fit with Partizan, and does not really fit with Olympiacos either. Because Gecevicius and Sloukas play mostly at shooting guard, and then if you play Law with Spanoulis, you need a better outside shooter next to Spanoulis.

I think Law can do good in the Euroleague if he gets a better outside shot and becomes more of a two guard. He does not have the right mentality to be a point guard in the Euroelague, which is what Partizan was trying to do. If you notice, Ivkovic is playing Law a lot with Sloukas/Spanoulis, and having them run the offense while he is in there, so he can just attack on offense.

It seems like that is what he is more suited to.

Last edited by Euroleague : 03-01-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #13
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Playing like crap but up by 2 at halftime

I think Katsikaris has Bilbao playing too slow. He needs to speed the game up a little bit. Also, he keeps playing the free throw shooting contest down the stretch of these close games, which is understandable when you have shooters like Blums, Vasileiadis, Lopez, Mumbru......

But if he keeps doing that it will come back to get him at some point. And they are playing a bit too slow for me. He is playing the classic Greek basketball and it can work great, but they are playing big games in the 50s to low 60s. I'm not sure if that can hold up.

It's just like with the Greek national team. It works great most of the time, but then again it does not work against teams that play fast like Spain. When you have guys like Jackson, Grimau, Blums, Hervelle, Banic, Mumbru Vasileiadis - I think they need to play a bit faster.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:30 AM   #14
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
Law finally played well in this game. Law is good at two things. Ball handling and creating his own shot. If he would improve his outside 3 point shot he could be a Drew Nicholas type of player.

I think he is better suited to be used as a shooting guard. Which didn't fit with Partizan, and does not really fit with Olympiacos either. Because Gecevicius and Sloukas play mostly at shooting guard, and then if you play Law with Spanoulis, you need a better outside shooter next to Spanoulis.

I think Law can do good in the Euroleague if he gets a better outside shot and becomes more of a two guard. He does not have the right mentality to be a point guard in the Euroelague, which is what Partizan was trying to do. If you notice, Ivkovic is playing Law a lot with Sloukas/Spanoulis, and having them run the offense while he is in there, so he can just attack on offense.

It seems like that is what he is more suited to.
I posted that in first half when he played bad , he only played well in the second half . I saw that he was playing more as a sg but I think he cant improve his 3 point shooting . This is just one good game , he had even better games when he played for Partizan . He is bad on defense and avrage on offense if he doesnt improve something I dont think he will play in Euroleague next season .
Old 03-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #15
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
I think Katsikaris has Bilbao playing too slow. He needs to speed the game up a little bit. Also, he keeps playing the free throw shooting contest down the stretch of these close games, which is understandable when you have shooters like Blums, Vasileiadis, Lopez, Mumbru......

But if he keeps doing that it will come back to get him at some point. And they are playing a bit too slow for me. He is playing the classic Greek basketball and it can work great, but they are playing big games in the 50s to low 60s. I'm not sure if that can hold up.

It's just like with the Greek national team. It works great most of the time, but then again it does not work against teams that play fast like Spain. When you have guys like Jackson, Grimau, Blums, Hervelle, Banic, Mumbru Vasileiadis - I think they need to play a bit faster.
Just playing devil's advocate, but he might be slowing the game in order not to wear down our players. Our roster is full of veterans, and the season is long.
Now CSKA!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: