Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-06-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Default Enough is Enough!

I can't believe this. Beat Miami then lose in Detroit.
I'm getting really sick of this.
We need to make some moves.
Our PG's and SF's COMBINED for 8 points on 3 for 16 shooting. 96 combined minutes of PT, 8 freaking points.
So much for the return of MWP.
It's like we are playing 5 on 3.
Bynum was magnificent. Pau was awesome. Kobe had an off shooting night.
But our PG's, both Fish and Blake, and our SF's, both MWP and Barnes, absolutely SUCK. And practically nothing from our bench.
With a few minor moves to shore up the 1, the 3 and the bench, this team could win it all.

Go get Sessions or Hinrich, and get Ariza or Beasley (or Marion), and this team could win another chip.

Enough is Enough!
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: Enough is Enough!

.....one loss by 3 points?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:03 AM   #3
Robster89

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
.....one loss by 3 points?

Did you watch the game?
Our PG's and SF's didn't look like they should be in the NBA.

So you think we are just fine at the 1 and the 3? And the bench?
One game? More like 1/2 a season.
This team can win, that is what is so frustarting, but we need to make some minor moves, and those moves are there to be made.

You seriously disagree?

Last edited by Robster89 : 03-07-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:36 AM   #4
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89
Our PG's and SF's COMBINED for 8 points on 3 for 16 shooting. 96 combined minutes of PT, 8 freaking points.
So much for the return of MWP.
It's like we are playing 5 on 3.
Bynum was magnificent. Pau was awesome. Kobe had an off shooting night.
But our PG's, both Fish and Blake, and our SF's, both MWP and Barnes, absolutely SUCK. And practically nothing from our bench.
With a few minor moves to shore up the 1, the 3 and the bench, this team could win it all.

Go get Sessions or Hinrich, and get Ariza or Beasley (or Marion), and this team could win another chip.

Enough is Enough!

I agree that Blake and Barnes should have contributted more in pts but it's not like they were 0 of 12, they shot a combined 0 for 5, Fish hit 1 of 2. that's a combined 6 missed shots as compared to combined 23 missed shots by Knight, Stuckey and Prince.
It's easy to dwell on just points, Blake only played 21 minutes and yet managed to issue 4 assists with ZERO turnovers.
Peace took 9 shots and only scored 4 pts, this is what bothers me when he relies too much from the 3pt line where you are bound to struggle and have some bad shooting games, tonight, he missed ALL his 5 shots.
Kobe took 26 shots and scored only 22 pts, all bec he took a mindblowing 9 3pt shots and bec they opted for the homerun ball, they only took a combined 6 FTs, again they took a combined 14 shots from beyond 24 feet.
I love Pau's passing but he committed 5 turnovers then add Kobe's and Bynum's 3 turnovers each.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:36 AM   #5
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

We just stink on the road...
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:44 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net

That, or we just won't win every single game. We had a nice little run after the ASB but there's no way we'd win every game after.

Kobe shot 8/26, but noone seems to mention that as all people want to do now is just "make moves". The entire bench combined for 7 points or something like that. They could have done better.

If you have an idea of how we can add a starting point guard without having to add salary to this team, please share the idea. No other team wants to do a deal unless it involves them shedding salary. The Twolves wanted 2 picks AND no salary in return for Beasley. The cavs won't give us Sessions if they have to take contracts in return. Its clear that every other team, including the lakers, understand that to survive, in what is going to be one of the worst CBA agreements ever made, that they need to shed salary and get rid of bad contracts.

No team after this will have a big three without sucking in other areas. The league is going to go back to the days where almost everyone will have one or 2 all-stars max.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #7
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Go point All Net.. this is why we need to make some small moves like a PG and Beasley. This current TEAM don't have that look in their eyes to win away from home. Poor road play means no CHAMPIONSHIP....

And I don't expect them to win every game.....
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
Robster89

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
That, or we just won't win every single game. We had a nice little run after the ASB but there's no way we'd win every game after.

Kobe shot 8/26, but noone seems to mention that as all people want to do now is just "make moves". The entire bench combined for 7 points or something like that. They could have done better.

If you have an idea of how we can add a starting point guard without having to add salary to this team, please share the idea. No other team wants to do a deal unless it involves them shedding salary. The Twolves wanted 2 picks AND no salary in return for Beasley. The cavs won't give us Sessions if they have to take contracts in return. Its clear that every other team, including the lakers, understand that to survive, in what is going to be one of the worst CBA agreements ever made, that they need to shed salary and get rid of bad contracts.

No team after this will have a big three without sucking in other areas. The league is going to go back to the days where almost everyone will have one or 2 all-stars max.

We will not make the finals as currently constructed.
I'm simply urging for the team to make some minor moves to address the weaknesses. Would you rather have an 85 mil payroll, and see a first or second round playoff exit, or increase the payroll slightly and have a team that could win it all?

We have the assets to make the deals, the TPE and the picks.
Here are 2 moves that would address the needs without increasing the payroll too much:
1. McBob, Kapono, a first rounder for Ramon Sessions.
Adds about 200K to the payroll.
McBob and Kapono are out of our rotation.
McBob could be an asset to the Cavs, and Kapono is expiring.
The Cavs really want picks and Sessions is gone at the end of the season.

2. Walton, a first rounder and 3 mil cash (if necessary) for Trevor Ariza.
Adds about 1 mil to the payroll.
Walton is not in our rotation.
NO owes Ariza 15 mil after this year, and Walton is only owed 6 (and the 3 mil would cover 1/2 of that).
NO also wants picks to build for the future.

Sessions and Ariza in, DFish and MWP out of the starting lineup would dramatically improve this team.

After the season, Sessions would obviously need to be signed, and Ariza's presence could make MWP an amnesty candidate.

I think we will make some tweaks.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:

Enough is Enough!

I agree!!!!

Losing to DET was sad.... especially after the great effort to beat MIA....

I think may people would agree that our PG position needs upgrading ASAP.

I think our SF situation is good, I think that's a lower priority....

magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #10
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

I understand the gripes and I understand laker teak saying you can't win them all. Look the front office will do something by march 15.... It is a waiting game. Sit tight and we shall see.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #11
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

I understand the gripes and I understand laker teak saying you can't win them all. Look the front office will do something by march 15.... It is a waiting game. Sit tight and we shall see.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #12
kobe080
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Patience guys.

The more we hold out until the deadline, the better deal we'll get.
Especially Beasley since he's got an expiring contract.

In addition, any type of players who are instant scorers off the bench will help this team. From PG and SF position.

It sucks that we cannot play Mini Mamba more often, he seems to be the answer to that but he's playing behind Kobe and he's destined to get around 10 minutes per game.
kobe080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #13
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

Mayo or Beasly or both
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #14
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe080
Patience guys.

The more we hold out until the deadline, the better deal we'll get.
Especially Beasley since he's got an expiring contract.

In addition, any type of players who are instant scorers off the bench will help this team. From PG and SF position.

It sucks that we cannot play Mini Mamba more often, he seems to be the answer to that but he's playing behind Kobe and he's destined to get around 10 minutes per game.

If thats the case;
WE NEED to go ahead and start matt barnes. Then sit Barnes and slide KB to the 3, and bring mini mamba to the 2 slot.

Man Dfish is a sorry POS. Dude, I understand you might love basketball and the lakers but at this stage Dfish benefits our opponents more than he does us. Same with Artest.

F.uck paying the tax. Get rid of Artest, Fish, luke. FAST. Idk why didnt the lakers use the amnesty on luke or artest?

Hopefully we can bring in mayo, beasly, sessions.

We just need to move

MWP(This will be hard. We can send him to houston or to sactown since they liked him so much and get a second rounder back.lol)
mcBob
Blake
First rounder (2)
Second rounder (2)
Cash incentives
TPE.
Season tickets
a bag of chips.

Move all these pieces. We just need these 3 guys.
MJ(Mean John) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
We will not make the finals as currently constructed.
I'm simply urging for the team to make some minor moves to address the weaknesses. Would you rather have an 85 mil payroll, and see a first or second round playoff exit, or increase the payroll slightly and have a team that could win it all?

We have the assets to make the deals, the TPE and the picks.
Here are 2 moves that would address the needs without increasing the payroll too much:
1. McBob, Kapono, a first rounder for Ramon Sessions.
Adds about 200K to the payroll.
McBob and Kapono are out of our rotation.
McBob could be an asset to the Cavs, and Kapono is expiring.
The Cavs really want picks and Sessions is gone at the end of the season.

2. Walton, a first rounder and 3 mil cash (if necessary) for Trevor Ariza.
Adds about 1 mil to the payroll.
Walton is not in our rotation.
NO owes Ariza 15 mil after this year, and Walton is only owed 6 (and the 3 mil would cover 1/2 of that).
NO also wants picks to build for the future.

Sessions and Ariza in, DFish and MWP out of the starting lineup would dramatically improve this team.

After the season, Sessions would obviously need to be signed, and Ariza's presence could make MWP an amnesty candidate.

I think we will make some tweaks.

It has become clear to me from reviewing the past few rumors + the vetoed trade that the lakers really aren't thinking finals right now. That trade exception we received, I'm guessing it'll expire, and it'll come off the books as salary relief.

What we as fans are missing is the pattern. We keep hating on our management for shedding salary. Didn't you notice by the beasley rumor and sessions rumor, that other teams are trying to shed salary too?

I am asking you, as a laker fan, what do you want them to do if no other team is adding salary? What do you want to accomplish by adding players and salary, to already the most expensive payroll, if it is not even guaranteed we'd win a championship? You're asking the lakers to add at least another 10 million to the salary, meaning an extra 20 million for luxury tax, for players (beasley, sessions) that won't necessarily even bring us back to contention.

You have to be reasonable. Yes, we have the worst 1 and 3 in the league. You can't win them all dude. This team reached the finals 3 years in a row. Added a lot of mileage. Don't expect this group to win another title. Good thing is, we have two projected mid-first round picks with the lakers and mavericks not doing so good this season. Perhaps they can look to improve those positions through the draft. We'll see.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: