Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Default My seeds from 1 through 13 (if I were the committee)

Ok, did my own rankings from 1-50. Not gonna spend time bracketing this. Stopped at 50 because that's when I got to 37 at-large teams. Based on much of the same criteria that the committee uses, but I may weigh certain criteria more or less than people on the committee do. Maybe more for the eye test, less on RPI. More on other computer rankings and so on.

* This is not what I think will happen. This is how I would order the teams.*

*Check when I last updated before complaining. Will edit tomorrow and Sunday at some point hopefully*

1 seeds: 1. Kentucky 2. Syracuse 3. North Carolina 4. Kansas

2 seeds: 5. Duke 6. Michigan St 7. Ohio St 8. Missouri

3 seeds: 9. Baylor 10. Marquette 11. Michigan 12. Georgetown

4 seeds: 13. Wisconsin 14. Murray St 15. Indiana 16. Louisville

5 seeds: 17. Wichita St 18. Florida St 19. Notre Dame 20. UNLV

6 seeds: 21. Florida 22. Kansas St 23. Creighton 24. Temple

7 seeds: 25. Vanderbilt 26. San Diego St 27. St. Mary's 28. Iowa St

8 seeds: 29. Memphis 30. New Mexico 31. Gonzaga 32. Virginia

9 seeds: 33. Purdue 34. Cincinnati 35. Alabama 36. St. Louis

10 seeds: 37. BYU 38. Xavier 39. Colorado St 40. UConn

11 seeds: 41. Miami 42. Texas 43. South Florida 44. California

12 seeds: 45. VCU 46. Harvard 47. West Virginia 48. North Carolina St

13 seeds: 49. Washington 50. Drexel
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Default Re: My seeds from 1 through 13 (if I were the committee)

Hope Purdue can pull the win off against OSU. Really don't want to be stuck on the 8/9 line. Would take a "procedural" 10 seed over that.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Hope Purdue can pull the win off against OSU. Really don't want to be stuck on the 8/9 line. Would take a "procedural" 10 seed over that.

Eh, very little between 5-12 really matters anymore. You can throw those teams into a hat and get just as representative a draw.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Eh, very little between 5-12 really matters anymore. You can throw those teams into a hat and get just as representative a draw.
Get on the 8/9 line and you get the a 1 seed in the 2nd round. I don't want that.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Get on the 8/9 line and you get the a 1 seed in the 2nd round. I don't want that.

You're an optimistic fan. We have different views of what Purdue can/should expect. Good luck!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

I hope UConn gets Duke.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
You're an optimistic fan. We have different views of what Purdue can/should expect. Good luck!
I think there may be a miscommunication somewhere. It's not a given Purdue wins a game in the tourney, coin flip at best, but they're definitely not beating a 1 seed in the next round if they do. That's why I prefer a 10, 11'd be even better but that's not happening.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

- Leaving Kansas as a 1 seed for now. Duke would have to win the ACC tournament to have a chance to get a top seed. It might be enough for OSU or MSU to get to the finals of the Big 10 tournament to get a 1 seed, but I believe if either of them win it, they're replacing Kansas and jumping over Duke.

- California losing in the semis of the Pac-12 tournament to Colorado definitely doesn't help their cause, but as you see, I had them in as the last 11 seed. I had 4 at large teams behind them. I don't necessarily believe the loss drops them behind those four teams AND one other at large team.

- Tournament games help solidify my view of teams especially with the eye test. I've seen enough now of the MW teams playing each other to feel UNLV probably deserves a 6 (maybe 7, but teams in that area are all so close) seed while New Mexico would be a 6 seed also. Sand Diego St could move up to a 5 with a win over NM. Really hard to judge the teams in this league as far as a pecking order.

- I wonder if Michigan has a shot at a 2 seed if they beat OSU and MSU in consecutive days. Same can be said for Baylor if they follow up beating Kansas with a win against Missouri.

- Cincy gets well off the 8/9 zone if they win the Big East tournament. I think Louisville is firmly planted as a 4 seed though.

- I agree with you IL. The winners of the 8/9 games that have to play Kentucky, Syracuse or North Carolina are doomed. lol
Old 03-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kansas lost to Baylor, no top seed for them unless UNC, Missouri and Ohio State/Michigan State all lost in their next games. KU's past history also indicates that they deserve no top seed, losing against the likes of Bucknell, Bradley, Northern Iowa and VCU definitely is somewhat impressive.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Kansas lost to Baylor, no top seed for them unless UNC, Missouri and Ohio State/Michigan State all lost in their next games. KU's past history also indicates that they deserve no top seed, losing against the likes of Bucknell, Bradley, Northern Iowa and VCU definitely is somewhat impressive.

Why don't you just copy and paste from post to post? Seems those are the only games of which you're aware.

And I'm sure the committee will see a loss to talented and highly ranked Baylor as really damning of KU.

Ohio State? Seriously?
Old 03-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Why don't you just copy and paste from post to post? Seems those are the only games of which you're aware.

And I'm sure the committee will see a loss to talented and highly ranked Baylor as really damning of KU.

It is not like you understand what the committee truly believes. We will see for this, it should be a shame if they do pick KU.

Quote:
Ohio State? Seriously?
They are a better team than Michigan State. No top seed would love to face Ohio State as their regional no.2 seed.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #12
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
It is not like you understand what the committee truly believes. We will see for this, it should be a shame if they do pick KU.

They are a better team than Michigan State. No top seed would love to face Ohio State as their regional no.2 seed.

And you do, thinking it somehow affects a top teams seeding based on what happened in previous years?

Ohio State doesn't pass the ball well and is lousy from both the 3 pt and FT lines. They won't advance to play a top seed.

They have only one player (Buford) that presents any real matchup issues for top level teams. Sullinger should have gone pro last year when he had value.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #13
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
And you do, thinking it somehow affects a top teams seeding based on what happened in previous years?
Well they should definitely take previous years experience into account, otherwise we see Kansas choking again and again as top seed. It is pretty much a safe pick for them to lose early in the tournament nowadays, if you are doing mock bracket hoping for some upsets.

Quote:
Ohio State doesn't pass the ball well and is lousy from both the 3 pt and FT lines. They won't advance to play a top seed.

They have only one player (Buford) that presents any real matchup issues for top level teams. Sullinger should have gone pro last year when he had value.

Umm this... You have a point, Sullinger has been dominant in the two tourney games so we will see how good Ohio State can be. Still, my opinion stands that they are better than Michigan State.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #14
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Quote:
Well they should definitely take previous years experience into account, otherwise we see Kansas choking again and again as top seed. It is pretty much a safe pick for them to lose early in the tournament nowadays, if you are doing mock bracket hoping for some upsets.

Umm this... You have a point, Sullinger has been dominant in the two tourney games so we will see how good Ohio State can be. Still, my opinion stands that they are better than Michigan State.

We can agree that at their best, Ohio St is a bit better than MSU, but at some point hypotheticals have to go out the window. All I KNOW is MSU has outplayed OSU for three of the four halves they have played against each other and were perhaps a Dawson injury away from sweeping the season series.

Either way, both teams have proven they can lose to teams worse than them more than once this season so being better when they are on only matters if they're on that game.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #15
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

"Choking" again and again. National title in the last 4 years.

Tom Izzo hasn't won since...when? 2000? Choker? Likely best coach in the nation.

Sorry, but to compare teams from different years, with different players, vs different opposition, because they wear the same jersey is idiocy.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: