Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation
Default I have a feeling this will be a great season.

..cause the Texans finna whoop dat ass.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I have a feeling this will be a great season.

What did they do besides not resign Mario and let Winston walk?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Should've got Peyton.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
beasly15
TEXANS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

They made "Thriller".
Old 03-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
beasly15
TEXANS

They signed Arian Foster which was most important. Mario was lost and we did good. Releasing Winston can be questionable but come on, T.J Yates. We dont need Manning...
Old 03-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Aren't they going to lose their Center and Williams. Plus isn't shuab over 30 and coming off an injury.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
beasly15
TEXANS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Aren't they going to lose their Center and Williams. Plus isn't shuab over 30 and coming off an injury.

schaub wasnt doing bad last year. it was just a stupid call for that qb sneak. i dont think we'll resign williams but we should be good. the Texans will be dominant.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Giving Foster money was cool. I also read up on why they released Winston. Purely financial and they said they didnt want to approach him and ask him to restructure his deal, take a paycut because that would be an insult. So they decided to let him go.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #9
beasly15
TEXANS

Quote:
Giving Foster money was cool. I also read up on why they released Winston. Purely financial and they said they didnt want to approach him and ask him to restructure his deal, take a paycut because that would be an insult. So they decided to let him go.

it was pretty cold but hey, Peyton Manning got released so the that didnt help. Andre Johnson got restrucstured for an extra million so im all for that. i think we have a good team and we'll be better next year (if everybody is healthy, of course).
Old 03-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #10
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Mario Williams is extremely overrated. All the athleticism in the world but straight up underachieves. Winston? Same exact thing. People think he's the best right tackle in the league but he was the weak link on our phenomenal o-line. He's a horrific pass protector but a great run blocker. RT isn't an important need so I see why they let him go. He was making LT money which isn't right. Myers on the other hand..I pray we keep him but so far he's been asking for Mangold money which he isn't worth at all. He's strictly a zone blocker and if a team that doesn't run that system pays him a lot of money they'll be vastly underrated. We're cleared a lot of cap room with these cuts but if we can't resign either Myers or Williams, If I'm Rick Smith I'm picking my phone and giving a call to Peyton Manning. He'll gladly come here and throw to the beast.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
beasly15
TEXANS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
Mario Williams is extremely overrated. All the athleticism in the world but straight up underachieves. Winston? Same exact thing. People think he's the best right tackle in the league but he was the weak link on our phenomenal o-line. He's a horrific pass protector but a great run blocker. RT isn't an important need so I see why they let him go. He was making LT money which isn't right. Myers on the other hand..I pray we keep him but so far he's been asking for Mangold money which he isn't worth at all. He's strictly a zone blocker and if a team that doesn't run that system pays him a lot of money they'll be vastly underrated. We're cleared a lot of cap room with these cuts but if we can't resign either Myers or Williams, If I'm Rick Smith I'm picking my phone and giving a call to Peyton Manning. He'll gladly come here and throw to the beast.

First, Andre and Arian got paid. good move. Mario can shop all he wants...he's gonna chase a ball all day, the Texans stepped up big time when you were gone...dont act like you've never gotten paid. i've seen your sacks. you are nowhere close to your back ups...
Old 03-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #12
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Texans had a top 5 defense without Mario Williams. I don't think the loss will have that much of an impact.

Texans are stacked and are one of the most complete teams on paper.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #13
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Texans had a top 5 defense without Mario Williams. I don't think the loss will have that much of an impact.

Texans are stacked and are one of the most complete teams on paper.

Texans also got the benefit of playing in a division with terrible quarterback play, for the most part. They got to play 25 percent of their games vs. two of the worst quarterbacks in the league - maybe the worst.

You can only play who you have on your schedule, but you measure you defense against the best offenses - if you can't stop those offenses, you aren't going to succeed.

They also got to play Henne, Colt McCoy...and Jason Campbell. Another rookie in Dalton.

Brees lit them up. Rookie Cam won against them.

Shutting down Roeth is a nice thing, but they are a flawed offense.

Bottom line, they haven't "proven" to me yet that they're a great defense. It's similar to what the Bucs did two years ago from a record perspective - weak schedule, then they get hype....people think they will win a lot of games the next year, but they get a tougher schedule....and they come back to reality.

I think the Texans played a very easy schedule as far as opposing offenses go.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #14
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Texans also got the benefit of playing in a division with terrible quarterback play, for the most part. They got to play 25 percent of their games vs. two of the worst quarterbacks in the league - maybe the worst.

You can only play who you have on your schedule, but you measure you defense against the best offenses - if you can't stop those offenses, you aren't going to succeed.

They also got to play Henne, Colt McCoy...and Jason Campbell. Another rookie in Dalton.

Brees lit them up. Rookie Cam won against them.

Shutting down Roeth is a nice thing, but they are a flawed offense.

Bottom line, they haven't "proven" to me yet that they're a great defense. It's similar to what the Bucs did two years ago from a record perspective - weak schedule, then they get hype....people think they will win a lot of games the next year, but they get a tougher schedule....and they come back to reality.

I think the Texans played a very easy schedule as far as opposing offenses go.

You didn't watch the Saints' game so don't assume just because they scored 41 points meant they lit us up. Truth is we had that game won with our defense but our offense couldn't cash in and had to settle for 3 straight field goals. At the end of the day you just can't do that with Drew Brees. Rookie Cam? You mean a Cam who has a stacked offense? They lost because they're offensively limited without Andre and the defense gets tired out from all those 3 and outs. We get a tougher schedule? I like it because that also means we get our BEST PLAYER BACK AND HEALTHY and our STARTING QUARTERBACK. The defense dominated the playoffs. Did you watch the Ravens game? We have a great pass rush accompanied with the 3rd best corner in pro football. If the Texans had Andre and Schaub completely healthy in the playoffs best believe we were on our way to Indy.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #15
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
You didn't watch the Saints' game so don't assume just because they scored 41 points meant they lit us up. Truth is we had that game won with our defense but our offense couldn't cash in and had to settle for 3 straight field goals. At the end of the day you just can't do that with Drew Brees. Rookie Cam? You mean a Cam who has a stacked offense? They lost because they're offensively limited without Andre and the defense gets tired out from all those 3 and outs. We get a tougher schedule? I like it because that also means we get our BEST PLAYER BACK AND HEALTHY and our STARTING QUARTERBACK. The defense dominated the playoffs. Did you watch the Ravens game? We have a great pass rush accompanied with the 3rd best corner in pro football. If the Texans had Andre and Schaub completely healthy in the playoffs best believe we were on our way to Indy.

I did watch the Saints/Texans game. They dropped a 40 burger on your defense and that wasn't with any defensive or special teams touchdowns.

Cam has a stacked offense? The same offense that scored under 200 points the year prior?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: