Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 01-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
ArmChairGM
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ArmChairGM has an OK reputation so far
Default A Few Trades and its Playoffs

Nellie said it best. This team at its best is an ordinary team. They have all the wrong pieces for Nellie to succeed. To run, like Phoenix, they need athletes that can rebound, defend, and are versatile. Guys like Murphy, Diogu, Dunleavy, and Pietrus don't fit all those descriptions. Pietrus is far from versatile and the others aren't just good rebounders or athletic or all three of the above (MDJ and Murphy). The Phoenix mold is the perfect example. Diaw, Marion, Nash, and Bell can all start the break themselves and make a good decision in the open court. Stoudemire is the one that can rebound, runs, and finishes with the best of them. Who do the Warriors have? Pietrus, a guy who steps out of bounds at least twice a game. Here are a few trade ideas that can put the Warriors at least at the middle of the pack in the Western Conference.

1. GS sends Richardson, O'Bryant, and Diogu to Utah for Andre Kirilenko, Gordon Giricek, and a future 1st round pick.

Kirilenko isn't have his best year so far and his value maybe down a tad. AK47 is at his best when they run and Utah just isn't a running team. They drafted Brewer who can easily take over the SF spot. Their biggest problem has been getting a solid 2 guard, something they've lacked since Hornacek retired. Williams and Richardson can form a great backcourt duo. JRich can flourish in Sloan's offensive scheme which includes a ton of pick and rolls. Diogu gives them depth at the 4 spot.

For the Warriors, they get a decent back up 2 guard in Giricek and a solid player in AK47 who can defend, rebound, handle the ball, pass, and run. A perfect fit in Nellie's scheme.

2. Send Monta Ellis and Troy Murphy to Cleveland for Drew Gooden, Scott Pollard, and David Wesley.

This may not be the sexiest looking trade since Ellils is involved but this maybe the only way to get rid of Troy's contract. Murphy would be a better fit in Cleveland and can spread the floor for Lebron and Hughes with his ability to shoot. Ellis is a point guard they would love and can offer them some additional fire power. James is the main ball handler so it may not be imperative that Monta is not a true point. Ellis, Hughes, James, Murphy, and Z would make a great line up.

Drew is a local kid from Contra Costa and would probably be ecstatic with the chance to come back home to play for his hometeam. He's a good rebounder and solid defender who is athletic and can run as well. He's not going to sit out at the 3 point line like Troy either and would be a nice inside presence to go with Biedrins. Though Pollard can be useful in backing up Biedrins, he would be a throw in to make the salaries match as with Wesley who are both on small and short term contracts.

3. Send Mike Dunleavy, Cabarkapa, and a future 2nd round pick to LAC for Maggette and Korolev.

MD Senior wants his kid on his team, well he can get him here. Maggette has been on the block for months. Cabarkapa is an expiring contract to them and a non-guaranteed 2nd round draft choice would be nice for a cheap Donald Sterling.

How is this line up for you?

PG Baron Davis / Keith Mcleod
SG Corey Maggette / Gordon Giricek / Wesley
SF Andrei Kirilenko / Mikael Pietrus
PF Drew Gooden / Matt Barnes (he's been the starting PF)
C Andris Biedrins / Scot Pollard / Adonal Foyle

In 2007, they can draft a back up power forward. Someone like Thornton, Splitter, or Ajincas.
ArmChairGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:31 AM   #2
Rabs_One
I brick open layups

Rabs_One has an OK reputation so far

i like the fact that we get Maggette and Goodens, but the rest i think we would be giving up to much, i'm sure they could simplify it to only recieve these 2. I wouldnt want to give up Ellis, and i wouldnt rush to trade j-rich for nuthing
Rabs_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:40 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

That might work on NBA live 07 but miracle trades like that don't ever happen because no GM wants to take big risks like trading half their team awayovernight.

And I think the new team would have a hard time scoring especially in the low post. Their two best players would also be very injury prown.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
ArmChairGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs_One
i like the fact that we get Maggette and Goodens, but the rest i think we would be giving up to much, i'm sure they could simplify it to only recieve these 2. I wouldnt want to give up Ellis, and i wouldnt rush to trade j-rich for nuthing

I think people have to realize the extent of the financial damage that this team will suffer in the next 4 years due to Murphy and Dunleavy. I'd hate moving Monta too, but if it means getting rid of Troy, then I'm all for it. Noone is going to take Troy straight up and most teams will ask for either Monta or Andris. The Warriors will have better luck drafting a combo guard to replace Monta than finding a 7 footer with great hands and is athletic like Biedrins.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:43 PM   #5
ArmChairGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs_One

I think people have to realize the extent of the financial damage that this team will suffer in the next 4 years due to Murphy and Dunleavy. I'd hate moving Monta too, but if it means getting rid of Troy, then I'm all for it. Noone is going to take Troy straight up and most teams will ask for either Monta or Andris. The Warriors will have better luck drafting a combo guard to replace Monta than finding a 7 footer with great hands and is athletic like Biedrins.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:00 PM   #6
P-Forty21

we will probaly have the worst bench in the league if we did that...we aint gettin rid of ellis
Old 01-21-2007, 05:06 PM   #7
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

too bad maggette isnt a SG. He is most effective at SF, and isnt exactly known as a three point shooter, more of a slasher.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: