Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Mario Williams to sign $50 million deal with Buffalo

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...mario-williams
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mario Williams to sign $50 million deal with Buffalo

Huge price to pay for a defensive player especially a defensive end. But they did need a pass rush badly and they will have a scary d-line with Dareus and Williams.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

If Buffalo were a contender I could see the complete logic in this deal - but - $100m for a player when your franchise isn't anywhere close to being a real threat to making the playoffs, much less getting to the promised land much less winning the Big One?

I was watching ESPN earlier today, and something to the effect that by bringing in Mario Williams it'll attract other stars. If I'm a Bills fan, I sure hope so, otherwise, I don't see playing this much money. It seems Buffalo went after M.W. pretty hardcore; I wonder why other teams didn't seem to really make a push for him?

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Of course they're a real threat to make the playoffs.

They have one of the best defensive lines in the league right now. If they add Courtney Upshaw or Melvin Ingram in the draft, they have a very unique group down in the trenches.

They need to get better, Fitz needs to play better, but they are contenders to make it to the playoffs. They don't suck.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Of course they're a real threat to make the playoffs.

They have one of the best defensive lines in the league right now. If they add Courtney Upshaw or Melvin Ingram in the draft, they have a very unique group down in the trenches.

They need to get better, Fitz needs to play better, but they are contenders to make it to the playoffs. They don't suck.

They only what, won their first four or five games last season only to tank and finish 6-10? Yeah they don't suck, they really, really suck.

They can't and won't win their own division, and AFC North is talented enough to win both wild-cards. Buffalo ain't going nowhere.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
They only what, won their first four or five games last season only to tank and finish 6-10? Yeah they don't suck, they really, really suck.

They can't and won't win their own division, and AFC North is talented enough to win both wild-cards. Buffalo ain't going nowhere.
You really think the AFC north is that talented? Outside of the Pats, the Bills are right there with Miami and New York.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
You really think the AFC north is that talented? Outside of the Pats, the Bills are right there with Miami and New York.

You DON'T think the AFC North is THAT talented?

Ravens... damn good. Steelers... they may have their work cut out for them this coming season, but you NEVER count Pittsburgh out. Bengals, they can only improve; they're positioned to be one hell of a franchise for years to come.

Yes, they're that damn good.

Are you going to say the Bills can compete with any one of those three teams I just listed?

Maybe I read into that wrong, and you're confusing the AFC North with the AFC East (which would hella embarrassing, however understandable, three of their four teams are in the NE).
Old 03-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
You DON'T think the AFC North is THAT talented?

Ravens... damn good. Steelers... they may have their work cut out for them this coming season, but you NEVER count Pittsburgh out. Bengals, they can only improve; they're positioned to be one hell of a franchise for years to come.

Yes, they're that damn good.

Are you going to say the Bills can compete with any one of those three teams I just listed?

Maybe I read into that wrong, and you're confusing the AFC North with the AFC East (which would hella embarrassing, however understandable, three of their four teams are in the NE).
Oops i automatically thought we were talking about the division and didn't even think about what division they were in just the teams that were in it.

Last edited by jazz873 : 03-15-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #9
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Oops i automatically thought we were talking about the division and didn't even think about what division they were in just the teams that were in it.

Wow dude... you realize from this moment forward any and all things you say in an NFL thread no one will pay attention to and/or think you have anything worthwhile to say.

Oh well, there's always bball.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #10
jazz873
College star

Quote:
Wow dude... you realize from this moment forward any and all things you say in an NFL thread no one will pay attention to and/or think you have anything worthwhile to say.

Oh well, there's always bball.
Because i mixed up the East and North when 3 out of the 4 teams play in the north?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #11
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The AFC East is wide open.

And the NFL is a league of parity, anyone can make the playoffs, the Bills needed a pass rusher badly and got a damn good one, this solidifies their line, which was a glaring weakness, this is the type of move that could put the Bills in the playoffs.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #12
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Because i mixed up the East and North when 3 out of the 4 teams play in the north?

I'm really just messing with you man. I'm just saying that it does point out that you lack some very basic knowledge about the teams in the respective conference.

I mean, the Dallas Cowboys are in the NFC East; does that make sense? Not exactly, but most NFL fans know why.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #13
FUTěN
I brick open layups

FUTěN has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, the Bills should just forfeit every game.
FUTěN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #14
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
The AFC East is wide open.

And the NFL is a league of parity, anyone can make the playoffs, the Bills needed a pass rusher badly and got a damn good one, this solidifies their line, which was a glaring weakness, this is the type of move that could put the Bills in the playoffs.

Wait, wide open? Pats just made it to the Super Bowl, and now all a sudden the division is 'wide open' ... not quite sure I'm buying into that.

Anyone can make the playoffs... yeah tell that to the Bills who havent made the playoffs in what now? Over a decade? Anyone can win on any given Sunday, but even in the unpredictable NFL, it takes consistency to make it to the post season.

I agree, adding Mario Williams will help them greatly, but it doesn't say "hey look at us, we can damn sure make the playoffs now!" ...

I'll go ahead and say, even with all the issues with the Jets, the Jets finish with a better record this season, thus meaning Buffalo yet again misses the playoffs.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #15
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUTěN
Yeah, the Bills should just forfeit every game.

No one is saying they should forfeit every game. The argument being made is that 100m is a lot of money to pay someone when your franchise isn't even close to being a real player in the SB sweepstakes.

Are the Lions? Yes.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: