Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Conspiracy theory about Fisher leaving...

This has nothing to do with the trade, but a different topic which is relevant to the case. It's very strange to me and to most other laker fans that Fisher seemed to be quickly rid of. I have my theory, and I will state it here...

It all stems back from DKlaker's view on Mike Brown, this new system, Jim Buss being the new head guy, and other such changes which may have put in an entirely different atmosphere in laker land.

I will carefully organize and number my thoughts and clues

1) Fisher has had possibly one of his worst shooting seasons ever in his career. Its normal to age, but he was missing wide open gimmes. His minutes had fluctuated, and the obvious reason may be Brown and his indecisiveness with 3 guards who are all below average. But it seemed to be happening more in the second half so far, when there had been reported tensions.

2) There had been reported "player only" meetings which took place not once, but various sources reported many times that this had happened.

3) The Fisher trade was relatively similar to the Odom trade, he was traded immediately, for salary relief, no other purpose...

I am now going to bluntly give my theory

Fisher is not feeling this lakerland anymore, does not like the coaching change, and more than likely, he was not well liked by the staff or the owners either

I say this because a reporter today mentioned that Fisher was the leader of all the player only meetings. What can be discussed in a player only meeting? the weather? most likely not. More proof. DKlaker had posted an article which mentioned the word mutiny

Mutiny - An open rebellion against the proper authorities.

Put these clues together now.....

let it come.....

BING!

Here it is....Fisher was the leader of this possible offensive mutiny, and this is why the lakers traded him bottom line.

I don't regret saying this because I believe that could have been the reason he was traded.

When Mitch Kuptchak gave the press conference regarding Fisher. He noted all the good things he had done, but basically said it had to be done. They never would have done this in the past, regardless of whatever money issues they have.

Its sad to see him go. I wanted him to stay. I wanted them to trade Blake away because Fisher is built for last minute situations. What if Ramon Sessions can't handle the 4th quarter pressure? Fisher would have been great to have for those situations.

As DK and I repeatedly joked, we want Fisher to average 1 minute a game....the last minute that he gives us all he has.

Gonna miss you Fish. Please don't hate the fans.

Edit

Mitch Kuptchak still has not spoken to Fisher, but has only spoken to walton. This also says something.

Last edited by lakerfreak : 03-15-2012 at 10:04 PM.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
Spoken
Kids at the park dunk on me

Spoken has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Conspiracy theory about Fisher leaving...

With Fish starting we had no chance for late game shots....We would have been blown out.
Spoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoken
With Fish starting we had no chance for late game shots....We would have been blown out.

I'm talking about keeping Sessions and having Fisher come off the bench.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

I think it saves us 6.8mil next year for fish i think its ok....he literally was killing us on both defense and offense...

yesterday the worst team in the league...their starting pg and backup pg had career nights
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Jim Buss did not like the result of the summer collective barganing agreement...so he took shot at Derek Fisher now.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hmmm
Interesting..

Never Thought of that 1
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #7
Fawker
Prove it honkey

Fawker is starting to rub some people the wrong wayFawker is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I wish Fish will flourish in Houston but c'mon there is no conspiracy. there are footage you can watch and rewind forever and it will give you the same picture. Fish is done, in his death bed. cancer. do you keep that player and hope chemo gets him younger legs? He is just an old spot up non defending dude. he is not starter worthy
Fawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #8
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Lakerfreak......I knew you had this in you bro

There's a lot of truth in what you said, pretty much everything except punishment for his role in the CBA. The Lakers were agreeable to a higher split than the 50/50 ( In favor of the players) and wanted a higher salary cap and lower penalties for teams exceeding the cap........naturally this would benefit the players union AND the Lakers.
As much as we didn't want Fish to play much......I am feeling real sentimental right now. He's a phenomenal person and did so very much for the team.
I just wish he had either requested to be benched like Walton or preferably just retired and joined our coaching staff. We play at Houston in a few days.
I am looking forward to the April 6th game at Staples when Fish returns home.....he's going to get a HUGE standing ovation and video presentation........all very well deserved.

On a side note.......he's going to be playing with Scola...lol, strangely I thought that would happen one day.

Last edited by DKLaker : 03-16-2012 at 12:36 AM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:29 AM   #9
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Lakerfreak......I knew you had this in you bro

There's a lot of truth in what you said, pretty much everything except punishment for his role in the CBA. The Lakers were agreeable to a higher split than the 50/50 ( In favor of the players) and wanted a higher salary cap and lower penalties for teams exceeding the cap........naturally this would benefit the players union AND the Lakers.
As much as we didn't want Fish to play much......I am feeling real sentimental right now. He's a phenomenal person and did so very much for the team.
I just wish he had either requested to be benched like Walton or preferably just retired and joined our coaching staff. We play at Houston in a few days.
I am looking forward to the April 6th game at Staples when Fish returns home.....he's going to get a HUGE standing ovation and video presentation........all very well deserved.

On a side note.......he's going to be playing with Scola...lol, strangely I thought that would happen one day.

as of March 15, 2012 (For the last 3 years.lol)Derek Fisher SUCKS. Badly. There arent many players in the league that he is better than.

WITH THAT SAID, I just wanted Sessions. I didnt want Fish to be traded. Thats bullshit. He IS A LAKER. Why did we do him dirty? I wanted him on the bench to play 1 minute a game. lol.
Then, eventually be an assistant coach. KOBE hasnt won without fish. That's boy. THE ONLY GUY THAT CAN ACTUALLY TELL KOBE SOMETHING, AND KOBE WILL LISTEN.

I'm actually feeling sad. Derek has spent most of his career here. He is like family, and to see him play with the Rockets? FFFFFFF.uck.
It hurts more than I thought it would. Kinda like that girlfriend you took for granted.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:49 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I mean, I felt the entire laker fan base had acted so harshly on the Fisher topic when he was here.

I never wanted him to leave, I just never wanted him playing 40 minutes a game....It hurts.

MJ(Mean John) might not agree with me here but I really held Fisher in high regards, over someone like Odom here (Sorry MJ ).

I just wanted Sessions....or any other starting guard. I never thought the management would be so bold as to trade him. We got what we wanted....but I just feel really empty that he's gone. He was a great locker room glue. I always thought he could be a preacher or something one day. Good sport, good spirit, optimistic, very loyal.

I don't even care how Kobe feels. Im not concerned at all anymore about this team's record or success. I just wish Fisher hadn't left.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:48 AM   #11
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I mean, I felt the entire laker fan base had acted so harshly on the Fisher topic when he was here.

I never wanted him to leave, I just never wanted him playing 40 minutes a game....It hurts.

MJ(Mean John) might not agree with me here but I really held Fisher in high regards, over someone like Odom here (Sorry MJ ).

I just wanted Sessions....or any other starting guard. I never thought the management would be so bold as to trade him. We got what we wanted....but I just feel really empty that he's gone. He was a great locker room glue. I always thought he could be a preacher or something one day. Good sport, good spirit, optimistic, very loyal.

I don't even care how Kobe feels. Im not concerned at all anymore about this team's record or success. I just wish Fisher hadn't left.

Wwoah... Woah..

Back the truck up.
Repeat your last part there pal?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #12
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Mad respect for Fisher and good luck to him, but this is a business. Fisher saw the writing on the wall that his career was over and he decided to stay in the game a little to long. Should had talk to Mitch and the coaches about a first office job or something.

I will also remember DF as a champion like many other formal lakers players without retiring his jersey in the staple center.

Closing, I just don't see a conspiracy..
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #13
lakersNUMBA1
I hit open 5-footers

lakersNUMBA1 has an OK reputation so far

What I don't understand is.. when he was in Utah, he had to move to LA for his daughter's eye surgery because the doctors that could do it lived in Los Angeles and/or New York.

Wouldn't you think he would have to stay in LA to provide help for his daughter, though he did say her eye is a lot better now and mostly cancer free - but hey you never know, cancer is cancer. I'm sure his wife Candace can handle it all on her own, but still.. D Fish is a leader and great overall guy. His family is his number 1 priority.

It's a shame not seeing him retire as a Laker. I'm happy with the trades don't get me wrong - but letting our Captain leave? Really Mitch?
lakersNUMBA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Wwoah... Woah..

Back the truck up.
Repeat your last part there pal?

lol which part?
Old 03-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #15
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

at first glance, the deal seemed like a pure salary dump. As Fish got a 3.4 mil player option that he said he would pick up the second the ink was layed on his contract.

Jordan Hill is expiring this year. (and me thinks he won't get any time either, unless something drastic happens, Houston was looking for a 5 man while they had this guy on their team, that should tell you all you need to know)

But there could have been some other internal stuff due to how crazy this season has been;

-Maybe Mike Brown wanted him gone after he got his pick and roll pg, and was growing tired of the "lets play the triangle again"
-Maybe the front office wanted to get rid of one of the leaders who was pretty much trying to get the coaching staff to "fix" the offense
-maybe they didn't want to keep him as the starter while still having 2 capable pg's on the team
-maybe there's some CBA backlash
-maybe they want to get rid of everyone who supported Phil Jackson and BShaw
-maybe Stern wanted Fish to be the star in Houston

whatev, was a sad day for me, Fish is my fav player, not only due to his play but his character. can't teach clutch.. and can't teach heart.. and can't teach character..

best of luck to my dude, will always be a Laker, will always be a champion
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: