Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board
Default My Study Abroad Roommates Are Trying To Tell Me Nfl Players Are Pu$$ies

I'm in New Zealand where Rugby means everything. I'm not going to try to make fun at Rugby but PLEASE... If American Football weren't a sport and we made a rugby team.... REST OF THE WORLD---"Take a fukkin seat"

I can't imagine Adrian Peterson, DeMarcus Ware, Clay Matthews, MJD, etc etc.

After they said that I showed them some of favorite hits videos i.e. Ryan Clark on Wes Welker and also some of the combine workouts that show our biggest people running as quickly as their smallest people.

BITCH PLEASE...
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My Study Abroad Roommates Are Trying To Tell Me Nfl Players Are Pu$$ies

There would seriously be a trail of bodies left on the field if James Harrison played rugby.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board
Default Re: My Study Abroad Roommates Are Trying To Tell Me Nfl Players Are Pu$$ies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
There would seriously be a trail of bodies left on the field if James Harrison played rugby.

AMEN.

A popular thing they say to me is...

"Well why do you ******* have to wear helmets and pads?"

My response-- "Death"
Old 03-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

I have a hard time believing that. Rugby players are some of the toughest mother****as on this planet
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Comparing the two sports at all is just silly. It is like comparing the winner of a 100-yard dash to a marathon winner. Two different disciplines that require a totally different set of skills.

Most of the time when I talk to foreigners who are not fans of football, the first thing they say is that it is boring because they play for three seconds and then stop, huddle, etc.

The reason for this is because football is all about short bursts of athleticism. That is why teams use the 40-yard dash as an indicator of football speed and not a 2-mile run.

The reason the hits are much more violent in the NFL than any other sport is because there are these short bursts and then a huddle. This allows players to run with 100-percent force on every play. When you have a receiver and a safety colliding with both guys running with 100-percent of their force, you have guys getting knocked the f#ck out.

On the other side of the coin, rugby is one of those games that doesn't stop. It is continuous motion, from one end of the field to the other. You aren't going to have two guys running into one another with both running at 100-percent of their capacity in a sport with nonstop movement. It is a marathon, not a sprint.

Rugby is a contact sport. Football is a heavy collision sport. Not the same thing.

And, James Harrison would probably be awful in rugby because he would be asked to run non-stop. It is like expecting Usain Bolt to win the New York marathon. Maybe there are some guys who could make the transition, but it would take learning a completely different discipline.

If any of these people outside of the US ever played just ONE play of high school football (let alone college or the NFL), they would realize how dangerous it is... And they would respect it a lot more.

Unfortunately, the only access that most of these people have to football is an occasional streaming feed or television broadcast of a game.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Comparing the two sports at all is just silly. It is like comparing the winner of a 100-yard dash to a marathon winner. Two different disciplines that require a totally different set of skills.

Most of the time when I talk to foreigners who are not fans of football, the first thing they say is that it is boring because they play for three seconds and then stop, huddle, etc.

The reason for this is because football is all about short bursts of athleticism. That is why teams use the 40-yard dash as an indicator of football speed and not a 2-mile run.

The reason the hits are much more violent in the NFL than any other sport is because there are these short bursts and then a huddle. This allows players to run with 100-percent force on every play. When you have a receiver and a safety colliding with both guys running with 100-percent of their force, you have guys getting knocked the f#ck out.

On the other side of the coin, rugby is one of those games that doesn't stop. It is continuous motion, from one end of the field to the other. You aren't going to have two guys running into one another with both running at 100-percent of their capacity in a sport with nonstop movement. It is a marathon, not a sprint.

Rugby is a contact sport. Football is a heavy collision sport. Not the same thing.

And, James Harrison would probably be awful in rugby because he would be asked to run non-stop. It is like expecting Usain Bolt to win the New York marathon. Maybe there are some guys who could make the transition, but it would take learning a completely different discipline.

If any of these people outside of the US ever played just ONE play of high school football (let alone college or the NFL), they would realize how dangerous it is... And they would respect it a lot more.

Unfortunately, the only access that most of these people have to football is an occasional streaming feed or television broadcast of a game.

I played high school football and some rugby and rugby is the more dangerous sport in my opinion. I felt protected having equipment while I felt that I can get badly hurt any given moment in rugby. I haven't played alot of Rugby in my life so maybe my argument is one sided.

And as for James Harrison he'd suck in Rugby as he doesn't have the opportunity to blindside defenseless players.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #7
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I played high school football and some rugby and rugby is the more dangerous sport in my opinion. I felt protected having equipment while I felt that I can get badly hurt any given moment in rugby. I haven't played alot of Rugby in my life so maybe my argument is one sided.

And as for James Harrison he'd suck in Rugby as he doesn't have the opportunity to blindside defenseless players.

Yeah, he has to blindside people to make pick 6's in the Superbowl too.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #8
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Yeah, he has to blindside people to make pick 6's in the Superbowl too.

I don't understand how getting a pick 6 would leave a "trail of bodies" on the rugby field?
Old 03-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #9
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

Quote:
I don't understand how getting a pick 6 would leave a "trail of bodies" on the rugby field?

I don't understand why you're saying the only good hits he get are blindsides. Dude's a beast all around.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #10
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
I don't understand why you're saying the only good hits he get are blindsides. Dude's a beast all around.

I was kinda over exaggerating but alot of his hits are dirty and clean. We know him as a lights out type of player because he nails receivers coming over the middle or nails the shit out of QB's. He won't have that chance in Rugby
Old 03-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #11
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

Quote:
I was kinda over exaggerating but alot of his hits are dirty and clean. We know him as a lights out type of player because he nails receivers coming over the middle or nails the shit out of QB's. He won't have that chance in Rugby

Yeah I got that. Like RBA said, he's not conditioned for that. But I think, certain people, like AP would murder at Rugby.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #12
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Yeah I got that. Like RBA said, he's not conditioned for that. But I think, certain people, like AP would murder at Rugby.

Adrian Peterson? Well, he'll probably be faster or elusive than any rugby player but I don't think he has the size for the game not to mention he won't take that contact well.

I think players like Ngata, Justin Smith, Vernon Davis, Joe Staley, Soporaga, Suh, etc, would make good rugby players. Basically the athletic big defensive linemen or the freak of nature skill position players.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:35 AM   #13
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

Quote:
Adrian Peterson? Well, he'll probably be faster or elusive than any rugby player but I don't think he has the size for the game not to mention he won't take that contact well.

Agree to disagree.

I think players like Ngata, Justin Smith, Vernon Davis, Joe Staley, Soporaga, Suh, etc, would make good rugby players. Basically the athletic big defensive linemen or the freak of nature skill position players.

I agree about Davis, Smith, etc.

I don't think Suh would succeed though in my opinion. Could be personal bias/hatred of the piece of shit but I don't know.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #14
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nfl players are definitely not *******.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:14 AM   #15
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I have a hard time believing that. Rugby players are some of the toughest mother****as on this planet

I was obviously exaggerating/kidding. You really must be a moron if you think I was serious about the "trail of bodies" comment.

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 03-18-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: