Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 01-12-2007, 11:44 AM   #1
laurited
Can barely lace up my sneakers

laurited has an OK reputation so far
Default Estonian NBA draft prospects (short video clips)!

Here are the player who i think should be considered as a NBA prospect.

Check him out:

GREGOR ARBET
Born: 1983–06–19
Height: 195 cm 6"5
Weight: 92 kg 205 lbs.
Position: Guard

STATS IN Baltic (Lithuania, Latvija and Estonian clubs) league:

http://www.bbl.net/index.php/ZnVzZWF...01MyZwPTU1MA==

STATS IN FIBARUOPECUP (second strongest league behind EUROLEAGUE):
http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_f43ulK...D_3844 3.html

In this league they have played a lot Travis Reed (second best scorer in EUROCUP 22,5ppg) so dont take Arbetīs scoring numbers so seriously.

My scouting report:

He is good athlete ! Great speed in open floor, finishes fastbreaks with strong dunks. Good offensive rebounder for his size, doesnt give up the play, number of times gets his own misses or teammates missed layups.
Also can block shots and steal the ball with his athletic abilities in European competition.
He is good shooter, and wich i really like, he jumps very high when shooting three pointers.
Good all-around player. On of the primary defenders in his club. Good first step, but not a very good finisher. Need to develop his driving abilities and finishing around the rim.
Also can really pass the ball to bigman when bigman is going to help the guy who is guarding Arbet.
Dont postup a lot, but he has great turnaround fallaway jumper.
I think he needs to be more aggresive in offensive end to be a great scorer. Has had number of great offensive games, but needs do develop more consistency.
In 2004 year Eurocup he showed that he can score, the other top players were out with injuries and young Gregor Arbet responded.
His stats for 2004 Eurocup: http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_f43ulK...D_38443 .html

Played one year in German league in 2004/05
, but the overall numbers werent good. But he had some great games with 20+ points. Returned home league, because German club got broken.
Estonian National team member.

i have to say that this video contains only couple of moves wich this player can do. Clips are only from TV-station Sportnews recap.
If i would have some full games right now, then your be much pleased with this player great moves.
VIDEO CLIP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsPSKwU_9LU

I really appreciate for comments!!
And sorry for my English!

Later i give you scouting report for athletic forward player.

Last edited by laurited : 01-13-2007 at 01:01 PM. Reason: WRONG NAME, UPDATE
laurited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
laurited
Can barely lace up my sneakers

laurited has an OK reputation so far

We have really promising young future prospect in Estonia.

SIIM SANDER VENE
Born : 12.11.1990
Place of birth: Tartu (EST)
Nationality: EST
Height: 2.00m (6"7) and growing
Position: F

His stats from U16 European Championship B-division
http://www.fibaeurope-u16men.com/enDivB/Default.asp?cid={4928AAE3-648D-4236-8962-7213309309EC}&teamID=2133&compID={89EB60F8-7F8F-4FFB-9427-6103055F3511}&season=2006&roundID=4753&playerID=53 733

Right now its really hard wich position his gonna play in future. Right now
i think he can play all positions PG, SG, SF, PF in young men competions.

SCOUTING REPORT: Very versatile performer. Can shoot, and dont afraid to shoot, confident. Good rebounder, especiali in defensive end in junior classes.
Needs to improve him as a defender, but this is a problem for all young players.
His both parents were basketballers, his father is now coach.
Signed 7 year contract to Kaunase Zalgiris, wich is Euroleague team. Right now plays in Zalgiris second team in Lithuania second strongest league.
Leaved his family and moved to Lithuania, he didnt have no second thoughts in it.
Wants to be like Dirk Nowitzki, Jorge Garbajosa.
His dream right now is Europe strongest competition, he says when you play good in Europe you can play good everywere.

I think you guys have to really watch eye on this kid, he is really talented young prospect.

Last edited by laurited : 01-13-2007 at 08:00 AM.
laurited is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: