Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Ebanks into the starting lineup

Just like the Lakers had to come to terms with the fact that Fisher had become a liability to this team as configured, I think we're going to have to do the same with "Metta World Peace."

He's been horrible this year, and I believe that Ebanks would fit in nicely with Sessions and Bryant on the perimeter. I say move Metta to the bench and let him play both forward positions. He really hasn't shown that he deserves to start for this team, so lets let him be a leader coming off the bench.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ebanks into the starting lineup

Heres the problem with that.

If we are going to get ANYTHING from MWP. He has to be starting. It's how to maximize his abilities. He cant do anything if he comes off of the bench, so Mike brown figures he might as well start the brat.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

There's not much difference between the 3 SF's, they all have things they do better than the others.....if Brown could ever decide what type of game he'd like the team to play we would know who NEEDS to play and to start.
Ebanks would do best with a fast tempo, Metta needs a half court offense, Barnes is in between but still inconsistent. The big problen I have is that Ebanks isn't getting any minutes at all, this guy needs to be developed, if he takes some minutes from Barnes and Metta it won't even matter, but Ebanks is the only one who can get better.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
kkinchen

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
There's not much difference between the 3 SF's, they all have things they do better than the others.....if Brown could ever decide what type of game he'd like the team to play we would know who NEEDS to play and to start.
Ebanks would do best with a fast tempo, Metta needs a half court offense, Barnes is in between but still inconsistent. The big problen I have is that Ebanks isn't getting any minutes at all, this guy needs to be developed, if he takes some minutes from Barnes and Metta it won't even matter, but Ebanks is the only one who can get better.

That's exactly my point. Ebanks has a tremendous upside with his athleticism, and that is why I think he should be groomed to be our starting small forward in the near future. He is the only one athletic enough to contend with guys like Lebron, Durant, and the like. And, these are guys we could be dealing with in this years playoffs that can wreak havoc on our defense.

In the last couple of years we often played 4 against 5 on the defensive end but EVERY pg in the league could just blow by fisher. Now, opposing small forwards are doing the same to Metta and I think we need to make a similar adjustment and start getting EBanks in there.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #5
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

Im up for developing Ebanks ( Wish they'd did it last season )

Metta is best used offensively in the post I believe. If he moved back to the bench i'd like him to operate there often.
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
knightfall88
Local High School Star

knightfall88 has an OK reputation so far

Barnes is head and shoulders above MWP and Ebanks.

He should be the starter no doubt.

MWP and EBanks both need to be incorporated in the starting unit somehow. We want Ebank's offense and MWP's defense.
knightfall88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

the best way to utilize MWP & his contract is to start him & he will defend good in the playoffs....

On eBanks, I dont know why is not getting mins at the backup SG. Mayo went nuts on blake on sunday & B Rush did the same to him yesterday....

Atleast try this kid out somewhere and make some space....

Blake was playing to start the season but since has regressed and gone into last years mode....pathetic...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #8
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
Im up for developing Ebanks ( Wish they'd did it last season )

Metta is best used offensively in the post I believe. If he moved back to the bench i'd like him to operate there often.
He broke his Tibia last year in February and never got back to 100%.
He's been fighting little niggling injuries this year too. Starting to get the idea he's a little brittle
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #9
kkinchen

Metta World Peace goes 1 for 11 before hitting two lucky threes. Bench his ass. I want Kobe flanked with Sessions and Ebanks. Put some athletes around him, and school them on the finer points of team defense.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:05 AM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Metta World Peace goes 1 for 11 before hitting two lucky threes. Bench his ass. I want Kobe flanked with Sessions and Ebanks. Put some athletes around him, and school them on the finer points of team defense.

Add to that Goudelock needs to play.
Good common sense....too bad Brown lacks any.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
kkinchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

Add to that Goudelock needs to play.
Good common sense....too bad Brown lacks any.

Jordan Hill has the highest PER of anyone on our bench with Matt Barnes being second. Maybe Hill deserves some burn too.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #12
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Jordan Hill has the highest PER of anyone on our bench with Matt Barnes being second. Maybe Hill deserves some burn too.

He is injured with a sprained knee
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:56 AM   #13
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people

I may be in the minority, but I think the Lakers SF rotation is fine. Like Lakers_Kobe_Fan alluded to, you do make the most out of Metta and his contract by starting him. If you bench him or play him 3rd string, he'll be nothing more than another Luke Walton rotting away on the bench with no team wanting his contract for another 2 seasons.

Lakers brought him and Barnes in for toughness really. I know he can go for games where he misses wide 3s like no tomorrow, but we've all seen what he can do in the playoffs when it counts. We definitely need him if we meet up with OKC in the playoffs, he really stifled Durant last game. Barnes is balling for us off the bench too, love the energy he brings every game. He'd be even better if Mike Brown played Sessions with him and the 2nd unit more instead of Blake

Anyways, I like Ebanks. I think he has great potential here, but unless an injury happens there's no reason to start playing him now unless its garbage time. I hope he stays prepared though since you never know what will happen.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:26 AM   #14
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Goudeloke is our best young+ bench player.

He needs to play.f.uck you mike brown.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
I may be in the minority, but I think the Lakers SF rotation is fine. Like Lakers_Kobe_Fan alluded to, you do make the most out of Metta and his contract by starting him. If you bench him or play him 3rd string, he'll be nothing more than another Luke Walton rotting away on the bench with no team wanting his contract for another 2 seasons.

Lakers brought him and Barnes in for toughness really. I know he can go for games where he misses wide 3s like no tomorrow, but we've all seen what he can do in the playoffs when it counts. We definitely need him if we meet up with OKC in the playoffs, he really stifled Durant last game. Barnes is balling for us off the bench too, love the energy he brings every game. He'd be even better if Mike Brown played Sessions with him and the 2nd unit more instead of Blake

Anyways, I like Ebanks. I think he has great potential here, but unless an injury happens there's no reason to start playing him now unless its garbage time. I hope he stays prepared though since you never know what will happen.

The way you get a young player ready is to give him minutes in the actual games, practice is all well and good for learning plays and staying in shape....but it is not a real game. He will not be ready for the playoffs unless he gets to play in actual games.
Here's a novel idea, why didn't Brown see if Ebanks would have any effect guarding Westbrook? When Kobe was healthy with fresher legs his length and athleticism gave Westbrook trouble....it would've been good to find out before the playoffs.......bottom line is that Ebanks and Goudelock need to play, Kobe and Pau need to rest much more.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: