Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 01-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #1
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default 1.12.07: Kings @ Blazers

Kings @ Trail Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kings.com
The Kings take on the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Garden tonight at 7 p.m. on Comcast SportsNet.

Tonight’s matchup is the third of four meetings this season between the Blazers and the Kings. The Kings won the first meeting handily a 105-85. The last time they met, however, the Blazers defeated the Kings in overtime 110-105.

“That’s what happens with a young roster,” Coach Eric Musselman said of the Blazers inconsistent play. “They’ve shown glimpses of being real good and they have struggled at times too. When a potential Rookie of Year (ROY) is out for 20 games that has a big impact. They have all the pieces together now and Nate McMillan does a good job of getting them to play hard.”

The Kings were introduced to possible ROY, Brandon Roy last game. He shot eight of 15 from the field and scored 23 points. He left a sour taste in Kings fan’s mouths when in the closing seconds of the fourth quarter he drilled a 16-foot jumper to send the game into the extra period.

“His composure is what stands out to me for a rookie,” Musselman said. “He’s a player who’s not easily rattled, he defends well for his position, he does a decent job of rebounding, and he can shoot the three. And he showed in our game that he can hit a clutch shot too.”

Tonight the Kings know that they need to get back on the winning track. Although it isn’t often that teams get to face each other twice in a week 's time during the long 82-game season, Ron Artest sees it as an advantage for the Kings.

“We made a lot of mistakes Saturday,” Artest said. “So we get to see the Blazers again and improve right away. We made so many defensive mistakes in the game and seeing them in such a short turnaround is going to benefit us.”

Someone who can help get the Kings back on the winning track is Brad Miller. Number 52 missed the second half against the Blazers Saturday due to a stomach virus. After playing well against the Cavaliers and with his offensive ability, Musselman is happy to have his starting center back in the rotation.

“He stretches the defense out and he has great perimeter shooting,” Musselman said. “The better he plays offensively, the easier it is for the other four players on the court with him to score.”

“I’m shooting the ball fine,” Miller said. “My passing is getting better, but my rebounding still has a ways to go. And I’m still trying to find my defense.”

Miller knows the team can play better. While Mike Bibby and Artest have said that the Kings need to pick up the slack on the defensive end, Miller sees at least one thing the Kings could tweak on offense that could help them against the Blazers.

“We just have to fight through it,” Miller said of the Kings draught. “We have to find our game and be more consistent. We were hitting our jumpers most of the game (against the Cavs), but we still have to get to the hole and get lay ups.”

Game starts in 5 minutes. Jack (Blazer's PG) will not play due to a concussion sustained during a car crash.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:16 PM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

We suck... really really bad.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:22 AM   #3
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
We suck... really really bad.
tell me something i dnt know bmiller.....what?? whats that?? we traded kenny frogmas and bibby for who??? pargo devin brown and marc jackson YES!!!!!!

as u can see at this point i dnt care who we recieve jus rid our selves with these losers ...good night for the last time
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:32 AM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
tell me something i dnt know bmiller.....what?? whats that?? we traded kenny frogmas and bibby for who??? pargo devin brown and marc jackson YES!!!!!!

as u can see at this point i dnt care who we recieve jus rid our selves with these losers ...good night for the last time

I hear ya man. Ron and Corliss and maybe Kev were the only guys playing. Bibby was just chucking, Rahim is too lazy to pass the ball, Miller plays scared, etc. I dunno, I've pretty much said all I can say about these guys in past topics and I didn't even mention how Kenny Thomas is a flat out bum. This team needs some trades, we need an inside presence, and maybe a new coach. I dunno, Musselman just sits on the sidelines hands on his face like "wtf did I get my self into when I applied for this job???". It's old and borring. Got damn just trade Bibby away for a decent PF and get rid of the other guys we don't need. Maybe rebuild during this offseason and get enough cap room to sign a REAL PG like Billups. Whatever, we just need some moves made NOW.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: