Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-12-2007, 10:08 PM   #1
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Knicks vs Bobcats Game Thread

Man where do I start. This was the game I kind of figured we would lay an egg in, but not this bad. We are definitely still a work in progress. Here is some of my notes I didn't enjoy. seeing......

1) Eddy reverted back in a big way. He may have had 25 or so points, but he refused to even put his hands up once the fouls started piling on him.
2) Where is Renaldo Balkman? He got no run at all.
3) We have to maintain dominance at home. No way washed up Derek Anderson is supposed to come in a bust you for 26. He is averaging just 5 points on the season.
4) We gave up 74 points in the second half. That's deplorable.
5) I know Okafor is a good shotblocker but damn 10 blocked shots?
6) we played absolutely no defense at all.
7) Frye had 10 points in the first quater but hardly got any run for the rest of the game.

In a previous thread I brought out that being healthy while good was going to be a test. This was a setback. We are supposed to beat this team. What i was expecting from Isaiah was to sit Curry down, put out a three guard rotation of Crawford, Marbs and Q together on the floor with Frye and lee. This lineup could have ran with the Cats and would have keep those drives by felton to the min. But I guess having everyone back may be a curse cause tonight Zeke had no clue who to play. We got by with Philly the other night because they are terrible. We squeaked with 22 turnovers. Tonight we got caught. Bad loss.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

BTW, what **** was Nate arguing about at the end of the game? He aint learned his lesson at all. They got smoked tonight and he over there *****ing with the ref. The refs didn't have nothing to do with. They laid the egg and refused to defend. Even Q was rattled at the end. that's was shocking. He is usually pretty level headed.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:35 AM   #3
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Three steps ahead three steps back.

That's what I wrote about Curry disappearing against the better opponents.

They should have demolished that team.

Poor defense.

Bad coaching job.

Why did he sit Frye, he was taking over the game. because Zeke's precious Curry was having a bad day!!!!!!!!!

Not enough Lee that's for sure. When is Zeke going to get it right. He is just like Curry, just when you think they get it they revert back to confusion.

Crawford is a great shooter and bench player.

First team:
Marbury
Q
Lee
Frye
Curry

Second team:
Nate
Crawford
Balkman
Jefferies
Cato

Rose and Collins

It's not perfect but makes more sense. His rotation is all screwed up again and it showed.

I hate to say it but I think Nate's time here is over. He's an idiot.

Crawford has a low basketball IQ and makes stupid plays and turnovers. I think balkman is a better player than jefferies.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:49 AM   #4
ChanningShamgod
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ChanningShamgod has an OK reputation so far

I don't understand why everybody gets on me when I'm not happy with three wins against terrible teams, and suddenly we're shocked and angry when we lose to the Bobcats. Oh wow? You can dominate the Knicks by playing zone defense and putting a shot blocker on Curry? Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sick of your "wow, we're on a roll now" comments. Watch the whole games, and when we can all agree the Knicks play a solid game, then I'll say we're on a roll.

And yes, I am mad. THIS WAS THE BOBCATS!
ChanningShamgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:31 AM   #5
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

It's funny cuz when they win this whole board talks about playoffs and crap like that. They sucked. That's all. No excuses. Curry is NOT a force in the middle. He WILL be dominated by any team that gets him into foul trouble or double teams him constantly. Let them win another game and you all will sing a different story. They win the games they put effort in and this wasn't one of those games. I really don't see any playoff spot opening for the Knicks.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:08 AM   #6
LouV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LouV has an OK reputation so far

Everyone has summed it up nicely.

No defense, no defense, bad coaching job, no defense.

Isiah has done a great job in my opinion as a GM. He knows talent. But as a coach, I think he is not top echelon, and we all know it. He knows it. But he's forced into the job. He's got to stress defense more.

Pat Riley always had Van Gundy as his defense coach. Does Isiah have anyone in this role?
LouV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #7
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Disgusting game.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:43 AM   #8
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

how do you lose to the Bobcats? is that even an NBA team?
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

if they played a little d they would have won that game easily. now they got to get over this l and beat the kings.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #10
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
if they played a little d they would have won that game easily. now they got to get over this l and beat the kings.

how do you lose to the Bobcats??????
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:04 PM   #11
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

But it's the Bobcats. Bobcats!!!
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:00 AM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Defense=win
Old 01-14-2007, 09:52 AM   #13
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

There are problems with this team.

I think it centers on, well, the center.

More so on Isiah's rotation.

Frye was eating them up at the center position and should have been left there. He is more athletic then Curry and Brezac could not take him. Okafor was also having trouble with Frye. But Zeke is stubborn to the point of proving a point even though the team loses.

Frye was hot, why go away from what is working?

I can't see Lee losing minutes because of Q. That is stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jefferies should have been the one losing minutes.

Again Zeke is going backward and not seeing what gave us the wins only what he wants to see.

He's playing contracts again and we lose.

Again he is stifling guys like Lee, Frye and Balkman. They were the one's who were playing well when we win. Curry too but he only plays well against lesser opponents and disappears against the better players in the league.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: