Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
BMOGEFan
Banned

BMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputation
Default Magic The Gathering

Does anyone play this game?

I haven't touched my deck in year and years since 4th edition. What are the top cards now?

Royal assassin? Hymn to tourach.
BMOGEFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Magic The Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
Does anyone play this game?

I haven't touched my deck in year and years since 4th edition. What are the top cards now?

Royal assassin? Hymn to tourach.
TMac has sprained eye.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

I do been playin on and off for the last 15yrs. The expensive cards are now the dual lands and force of will and tarmogoyf. Theres a new set coming out next week to bad i cant play its going to be the first pre release i miss in i think 8 yrs

here is a forum for magic http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
falc39
Good High School Starter

falc39 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
I do been playin on and off for the last 15yrs. The expensive cards are now the dual lands and force of will and tarmogoyf. Theres a new set coming out next week to bad i cant play its going to be the first pre release i miss in i think 8 yrs

here is a forum for magic http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

how much is force of will, i actually still have that from wayyy back hiding somewhere in the basement lol

I actually got force of will and ritual of the machine in the same pack. i gave away ritual of the machine because i hated the picture lol. that really stung
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by falc39
how much is force of will, i actually still have that from wayyy back hiding somewhere in the basement lol

I actually got force of will and ritual of the machine in the same pack. i gave away ritual of the machine because i hated the picture lol. that really stung
This is a store price but its around 50-60

http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardd...?product=14451
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:35 AM   #6
BMOGEFan
Banned

BMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputation

dayam. my underground seas are 100 bucks. shit. i gotta look for it now.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:45 AM   #7
joe
College superstar

joe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputation

My friend is currently ranked like 10th in the state of florida. I used to always kick his decks ass when he lived by me ;) But his decks are on another level now.

I hate the new cards. Way too powerful, and the colors seem to be losing their identity. Though, I'm sure people have been saying that about every new edition, even before I played..

Don't really play anymore. I still have my main deck, which is a white angel control deck. Mother of Runes and cho-manno's blessing make my Angels unblockable while defensive cards like Pacifism, Wrath of God, and Arrest keep the opponents creatures neutralized.

Not the most advanced and it does best against creature-based decks. Red burn decks for example give me trouble, because then my arrests and such become useless. Unless I got Story Circle out burn decks are def. a weakness
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #8
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I returned to MTG for about two years now. Legacy format is so huge older card prices have inflated as hell. Every dual lands are very expensive especially Underground Sea.

Extend format is now dead while the new format called Modern has replaced it. It is in Wild West stage now so there were a lot of card bans and uncertainty of card prices. Other than Tarmogoyf, Dark Confidant is the second most expensive for newer ones.

Standard has also been great lately since the last block that includes two of the most broken cards in the format; Jace, the Mind Sculptor and Stoneforge Mystic. The competitive scene seems to be more balanced than ever. Sealed and Draft are also very entertaining since boosters form the last two sets can have as much as three rares or mythic rares. I once open two mythics and one rares in a pack during a Sealed tournament.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #9
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
My friend is currently ranked like 10th in the state of florida. I used to always kick his decks ass when he lived by me ;) But his decks are on another level now.

I hate the new cards. Way too powerful, and the colors seem to be losing their identity. Though, I'm sure people have been saying that about every new edition, even before I played..
There is no way newer cards can be any powerful than certain old ones. Color identities are still about the same except during Time Spiral block.

Quote:
Don't really play anymore. I still have my main deck, which is a white angel control deck. Mother of Runes and cho-manno's blessing make my Angels unblockable while defensive cards like Pacifism, Wrath of God, and Arrest keep the opponents creatures neutralized.

Not the most advanced and it does best against creature-based decks. Red burn decks for example give me trouble, because then my arrests and such become useless. Unless I got Story Circle out burn decks are def. a weakness
If you like angels you are gonna love the new set, Avacyn Restored. There are shit loads of angels and demons.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #10
BMOGEFan
Banned

Wow..i just did a bit of searching and found out this deck called dredge that lets you play without using lands. thats amazing.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:55 AM   #11
joe
College superstar

joe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
There is no way newer cards can be any powerful than certain old ones. Color identities are still about the same except during Time Spiral block.

If you like angels you are gonna love the new set, Avacyn Restored. There are shit loads of angels and demons.

Yeah some of the old ones are ridiculous, no doubt about it. But just in general, a lot of the new combos just seem silly. And the new abilities. I don't follow MTG like that though so maybe I'm full of shit. In my experience I felt the cards were getting stronger and stronger.

Word, haven't checked out a new set in a WHILEEEEE.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:57 AM   #12
BMOGEFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
Yeah some of the old ones are ridiculous, no doubt about it. But just in general, a lot of the new combos just seem silly. And the new abilities. I don't follow MTG like that though so maybe I'm full of shit. In my experience I felt the cards were getting stronger and stronger.

looks to me that "creatures" are getting stronger, but the spells got worse.

So they reprinted this new time walk card called temporal mastery. Wow. It will be pretty easy to use just when you top deck it.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:01 AM   #13
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe

There are not. There are more better designed trying to make powerful but not broken cards IMO. Like a new set, there are trying to cooperate topdecking with old broken cards.

Remember Time Walk, that cheaty card that gives you a free turn for 2 manas?

They make a new one, but you have to topdeck it to use at Time Walk cost and it can only be use once.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #14
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
looks to me that "creatures" are getting stronger, but the spells got worse.

So they reprinted this new time walk card called temporal mastery. Wow. It will be pretty easy to use just when you top deck it.
We thought the same thing somehow.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:10 AM   #15
BMOGEFan
Banned

Man these new decks is unaffordable.

I'm looking at these legacy decks and none of them are cheap. I have some of the older cards, hymn to tourach, dark ritual, underground sea.

Any deck i can make with that?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: