Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #1
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here
Default What happened to Sonics fans?

You deep-rooted ones. You guys cheer for OKC now? The closest geographical team... Portland is it?
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:52 AM   #2
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What happened to Sonics fans?

We're still here. Just don't post as much because, well, there's no Sonics.

Most Washingtonians choose not to root for the Thunder, rightfully so. Even some Sonics fans not from the local area choose not to root for the Thunder.

As for me, I don't. Never will until they actually come back to Seattle to become the Sonics, but that's me fantasizing in something that is impossible to happen. I root for Celtics now. Not sure about the rest of my Sonic brethren.

I like the Trailblazers, but I don't root for them because of the previous rivalry. It will feel awkward to do that, although some news stations are actually rooting for them.

Last edited by Killbot : 04-26-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:04 AM   #3
Fiasco
latsis4everô

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here

Why would the Sonics cheer for a team that was stolen from them?
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:06 AM   #4
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

It really sucks that Seattle lost the sonics and Vancouver lost the grizzlies.
The cities are only like 100 miles apart from each other too.
NBA really hates the northwestern region.
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:19 AM   #5
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Any true Sonics fan should hate the organization that held their city hostage for a new arena. A real Sonics fan is not a Thunder fan.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:22 AM   #6
Fiasco
latsis4everô

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i
It really sucks that Seattle lost the sonics and Vancouver lost the grizzlies.
The cities are only like 100 miles apart from each other too.
NBA really hates the northwestern region.

Last year it would have been Vancouver vs. Seattle in the Western Conference semis. Think about how amazing that series would have been.. what with their proximity and all that.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:41 AM   #7
LEFT4DEAD
A WITNESS!!!

LEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation here

I dont know why everybody constantly keep asking why dont we cheer for the Thunder?
LEFT4DEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:44 AM   #8
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

I miss the Sonics...

feels bad man...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:44 AM   #9
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

LiLharvard has an OK reputation so far

They were marched into concentration camps by okc owners

Last edited by LiLharvard : 04-26-2012 at 02:46 AM.
LiLharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:45 AM   #10
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLharvard
They were marched into concentration camps by okc owners
Old 04-26-2012, 02:47 AM   #11
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco
Last year it would have been Vancouver vs. Seattle in the Western Conference semis. Think about how amazing that series would have been.. what with their proximity and all that.

Fcking sick . There's only 1 team in the entire NW when there used to be 3, which sucks.

Though that might not happen. Players here might develop SAD.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:01 AM   #12
mjokc
Local High School Star

mjokc is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco
Why would the Sonics cheer for a team that was stolen from them?

And what team was stolen?
mjokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:02 AM   #13
mjokc
Local High School Star

mjokc is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
I dont know why everybody constantly keep asking why dont we cheer for the Thunder?

Trust me, OKC fans don't care if you cheer for the Thunder or not.
mjokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:21 AM   #14
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjokc
And what team was stolen?

The Sonics.

Despite what you say about the NBA being a business, the Sonics were a very important thing for the people of Seattle.

It's wrong for owners to lay down roots in the hearts of a community and then leave when things don't go their way.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:23 AM   #15
Fiasco
latsis4everô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killbot
Fcking sick . There's only 1 team in the entire NW when there used to be 3, which sucks.

Though that might not happen. Players here might develop SAD.

Feels bad man.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: