Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-27-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people
Default Well it's been a long road

This is it guys. I've stuck with this team for 13 years now but I'm finally through. This season was the final nail in the coffin. I hate BC, I hate Casey, I hate Bustnani, and I hate Calderon. I'm done. The only way I'd stick around is if both BC and Casey get fired and Calderon/Bustnani are amnestied/traded. Then maybe we'd have a shot at Shabazz Muhammad in the 2013 draft. I'm so disgusted with this team. Wish you guys the best, I hope Jonas becomes a stud. What a failed season. I'm out.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:14 AM   #2
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation
Default Re: Well it's been a long road

Bookmarked
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:15 AM   #3
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

I'm used to this team being bad it kind of just rolls off my back now
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #4
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

How do you just choose not to support your team any more? I don't get it.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #5
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

I've been with this team day 1 and I just can't take it anymore either. After taking for all intents and purposes an entire season off from them and realizing that I can in fact live without them, the fact that they couldn't even tank right and next year will just mirror this one and the last (once again) unless Val is white-Shaq like BC wants us to believe he is means that I see no reason to continue with this ridiculous franchise that seems hell bent on treadmilling for the next decade.

Let's go Blue Jays!
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The longer Colangelo stays, the closer I get to reaching that point as well. I wouldn't abandon my "fandom" completely but maybe take a leave of absence until Colangelo is gone and the organization brings in someone that has the goal of creating a long-term winner rather than just patchwork low playoff seeds that get bounced in the 1st round.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm looking forward to next season
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #8
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
I'm looking forward to next season

Me as well. I don't think its as bad as people make it out to be.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Me as well. I don't think its as bad as people make it out to be.
If everyone is healthy, I don't think the team will be awful. What about the long-term outlook though?

Unless Valanciunas turns into a star and/or they get lucky and draft an All-Star at #8, does anyone see this team as some kind of contender down the road? The more I keep hearing that average players like Bargnani and Derozan are "core" pieces, the less I have any faith in the management to build anything more than another treadmill team.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #10
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

We finished only 3 games away from the second place, 2 games from the third place... This is the first time I am happy with BC's job... McGloire, Gray, JJohnson as a starter, and then those great acquisitions: Ben Uzoh, Alan Anderson... we just fell short
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #11
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

There are exactly 7 players in this draft i like.
i just hope someone ahead of us picks a wild card and really hope no one below us wins 1, 2 or 3.

the way this turned out really makes me want to puke. it is disgraceful that this organization couldn't manage to win 3 fewer games in a season where the stated purpose was to develop and get a high draft pick. just disgraceful.

here's an idea, why not start ed davis for the second half of the season? how about solomon alabi? I know he probably isn't nearly as good as his stats showed yesterday, but if you aren't trying to make the playoffs why not give the dude some minutes *even as a starter over gray or magloire for the season.

bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #12
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Andrew Wiggins!
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #13
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Farewell. I heard the Heat bandwagon is always looking for more people.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #14
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

this is a funny thread. funny because i've wanted to do/say the same thing for a long time but haven't been able to bring myself to do it. Being a raptors fan is like having a son who sucks at sports, is socially awkward, doesn't pick up women, doesn't have similar interests with you, and plays more with his sisters toys than his own. And this year was like the year he just said f*ck it, i'm gay. Deal with it. And for me it's like damn.... that's the worst news you could ever give me (aka another 8-10 pick) but yet I don't know how to abandon you because you're still my team.... I mean, son.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #15
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This Raptors is one of the best losing teams I've ever seen live.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: