Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Allen Iverson toys with idea of joining CBA; Marbury comments on it

Quote:
Allen Iverson is in China for a two-week promotional basketball tour — something billed as the NBA Legends Tour (alongside Iverson will be Dennis Rodman, Clyde Drexler, Shawn Kemp and Stephon Marbury) — but Marbury thinks his former NBA rival would do very well if he stuck around for a while. (After all, Starbury would know.) From Niubball: “Shorty after getting on the ground from the U.S. yesterday morning, he fielded questions from Chinese reporters and when when asked if he’d consider playing in the CBA next season, he replied: ‘Why not?’ Iverson has been out of professional basketball since January 2011, when he left Turkish outfit Besiktas after he injured his right calf muscle. This is not the first time Iverson has been linked with a move to the CBA: He flirted with the idea of playing in China in the summer/fall of 2010 and had several serious offers, including a reported $4 million contract from Foshan. Iverson ended up declining Foshan and all other teams, and signed a two-year deal with Bestikas shortly after in October. At this point, there is no indication as to which teams Iverson would be open towards joining. [...] But maybe more importantly, Iverson has a valuable ally in his Chinese corner this time, Stephon Marbury. Fresh off of leading the Beijing Shougang Ducks to their first ever CBA championship, Marbury has grown into a bonefied superstar in China and has been called a hero of Beijing by the city’s millions of inhabitants. Due to a CBA rule that limits both the regular season and Finals MVP award to Chinese players, popular Chinese basketball website, hoopCHINA, has lead a campaign to build Marbury a bronze statue that will commemorate his season in Beijing, a project that has garnered the support of more than 1 million people in China. [...] Marbury, who will play against Iverson for the Legends Tour’s first thee games, returned to Beijing yesterday after a short trip to the United States and was immediately supportive of Iverson joining up with a Chinese team next season. ‘I think [Iverson] will be rejuvenated if he played in China,’ Marbury said on his Sina Weibo account (Chinese Twitter). ‘He would love the fans here if he played basketball here. I hope he can feel the love when he plays here in the coming games.’”

I think A.I should do it. The guy is dead broke as it is, and knowing he'd get a few milli's playing in the CBA might actually be worth it for the man, though my gut feeling is that he'll blow it away on Lambos, chains & cribs.

Edit: Forgot the link to the story

Marbury: Allen Iverson would be 'rejuvenated' if he played in China
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Allen Iverson toys with idea of joining CBA; Marbury comments on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
I think A.I should do it. The guy is dead broke as it is, and knowing he'd get a few milli's playing in the CBA might actually be worth it for the man, though my gut feeling is that he'll blow it away on Lambos, chains & cribs.

Edit: Forgot the link to the story

Marbury: Allen Iverson would be 'rejuvenated' if he played in China
AI isn't broke. He had a smart financial advisor.
b0bab0i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i
AI isn't broke. He had a smart financial advisor.

Allen Iverson earned over $200 million in his NBA career. He's now broke.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Link to the game?
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He isn't really broke though. He has an investment plan which holds upto $50 million in his bank account. He can't touch that money until 59 or whatever the age is. I'm sure he found a way around it and accessed that money. Plus A.I is a celebrity. If they spend all their money, they can find a high paying job very quickly. After news broke of his bankrupcy, several teams offered to pay him big bucks to get back on his feet.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The style of play over there would suit him perfectly. The CBA basically works like this: each team has two imports, and they iso/shoot on every possession. It's kind of entertaining, actually.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
Stat & Melo
Decent playground baller

Stat & Melo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
He isn't really broke though. He has an investment plan which holds upto $50 million in his bank account. He can't touch that money until 59 or whatever the age is. I'm sure he found a way around it and accessed that money. Plus A.I is a celebrity. If they spend all their money, they can find a high paying job very quickly. After news broke of his bankrupcy, several teams offered to pay him big bucks to get back on his feet.

Oh like the $10,000 contract he was offered by an indoor soccer team?
Stat & Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #8
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
The style of play over there would suit him perfectly. The CBA basically works like this: each team has two imports, and they iso/shoot on every possession. It's kind of entertaining, actually.

It's not very entertaining. AI would be huge though. He's one of their favorite players.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
markymark
Local High School Star

markymark has not been impressing people

1. He isn't broke
2. He can still f*ck up a lot of guards in the NBA
markymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark
1. He isn't broke
Actually he is broke and he would get ****ed by D leaguers.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #11
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark
1. He isn't broke
Wrong on both counts. AI is done as far as the NBA goes.

At this point, its not even certain he can compete in a much lesser league.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #12
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

he's not broke
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
emaugust
I airball my layups

emaugust has an OK reputation so far

AI has a trust fund that his people set up a long time ago where they put away roughly 32 million dollars. It turns out AI had some good people.

He earns about a million dollars a year from that trust fund. He can't touch the 32 million in principle till he is 55.

NO MATTER WHAT, HE EARNS LIKE A MILLI A YEAR.

Dude is not assed out. AI ain't broke.
emaugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #14
markymark
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Wrong on both counts. AI is done as far as the NBA goes.

At this point, its not even certain he can compete in a much lesser league.

If you mean NBA = Stern, then yes. He dropped 30 in a duel with Kobe in one of his last games before he was banished.

He'd be good for 15 a night for contender, whether starting or off the bench, with the occasional monster game.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #15
markymark
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
Actually he is broke and he would get ****ed by D leaguers.

1. Horry has 0% chance of entering the HOF despite rings.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: