Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Do people still rollerblade?

Rollerblade/Rollerskate.
I used to skate all the time as a kid and I never see people doing it anymore. There was nothing like a good game of street hockey with skates on. Do you ever see people blade anymore?

Last edited by hoopaddict08 : 04-30-2012 at 04:11 PM.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Do we people still rollerblade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
Rollerblade/Rollerskate.
I used to skate all the time as a kid and I never see people doing it anymore. There was nothing like a good game of street hockey with skates on. Do you ever see people blade anymore?

I never see people rollerblading. I probably haven't gone rollerblading in at least 10 years. I should dig those bad boys out and try it again.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think expansion of the skateboard and razor scooter popularity killed rollerblades/skates. They'll probably come back in 10 years or so marketed as the new hip thing.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
DMV2
NBA All-star

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I see some people using them on the bike trail that I ride on. I guess people still use them for exercise.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
I see some people using them on the bike trail that I ride on. I guess people still use them for exercise.

That is the only time I see it. Somebody using them for exercise rather than using them for fun. Even then it is rare to see for me. Oregon doesn't always boast the best rollerblading weather though.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I also used to ride them all the time as a kid. We would test the quality of our skates by riding them on rough surfaces to see how much noise they make. The quieter and smoother, the better quality, thus the bragging rights. I also remember my friends taking out the brakes on the back to show how badass they were, which I thought was the dumbest thing you could do.

I miss riding them but they're almost nonexistent around here. I think it's still popular in Atlanta, although I'm purely speculating.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #7
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

I have a bunch of friends that still rollerblade, or aggresive inline, whatever you want to call it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8BzWwc5Gvg

I used to hang out with that kid all the time. He's had his own section in some DVDs and stuff. Tried to teach me some shit but it wasn't for me/I was terrible. I've been out to some small competitions with them and it was pretty cool, some of those guys can pull out some crazy stuff.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #8
SlayerEnraged
Banned

SlayerEnraged has a bad reputationSlayerEnraged has a bad reputationSlayerEnraged has a bad reputation

THis thread is funny cause i've been thinking about buying some roller skates and go like I used to...I think my dog would have hella fun sprinting side by side wiith me while roller blading.
SlayerEnraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
falc39
Good High School Starter

falc39 has decent reputation

I still have my old bauers, but they prob need a new set of wheels.

To answer the OP... Considering how fat people in this country are, I am guessing the answer is no.
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #10
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I think expansion of the skateboard and razor scooter popularity killed rollerblades/skates. They'll probably come back in 10 years or so marketed as the new hip thing.
That was my thought as well. Skateboards, Razor scooters, and long boards certainly diversified the roller market. Skateboards have always been there, but it used to seem like it was only between them and roller blades. As such, many kids would buy roller blades (because they were a hot item) and they'd gather and play roller hockey because everyone had a pair.

Now, some kids buy skateboards, some kids buy scooters, and some buy those wobbly skateboards. With the impracticality of roller blades (having to attach a roller boot to each foot) I think it's a tougher sell for kids who don't see all their friends having them.

Around '97 I used to roller blade to our basketball courts, but it was always sort of a pain to put them on, take them off, store them, etc. It seems every other method (even biking) would have made more sense.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #11
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rollerbladers were very popular in the mid-late 1990's. I still see people still skateboarding.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i never see bladers anymore but i see lots of skaters and bikers
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
Booz Vivic
Good High School Starter

Booz Vivic has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Rollerbladers were very popular in the mid-late 1990's. I still see people still skateboarding.

I've been thinking for a long time to start skating again. I used to skate from about 7-8 when I lived back in England but haven't done it since. Is it tought to learn some of the moves???

Am I likely to be able to still ollie?
Booz Vivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #14
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My little brother (he's 14) watched Clerks for the first time a few weeks ago. Thinking about that movie made me realize how 90's roller blading and roller hockey is. In fact, Clerks to me is one heck of a period movie. I think people can watch a flick like that and say, "Man, that's 90's."

I have a friend who roller blades around Lansing every now and again. He feels vindicated anytime we're driving about and see someone else bladin' their lives away, for it does not happen too often.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #15
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

fruit boots.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: