Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-23-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board
Default Matt Bonner...

Matt Bonner shall be missed as a Raptor, he waz a fan favourite. Goodbye Red Rocket
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:15 PM   #2
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

Man without question should all raps fans miss him, but it was a good trade and i stopped mourning over the loss of him a whle ago
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:31 PM   #3
bk15
I hit open layups

bk15 has no real reputation yet.

good hes gone
bk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:46 PM   #4
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
My initial reaction was definitely bummed out. I have to leave a city and a team that I love. I loved the coaches, the players, all the people in the front office, the fans... I loved playing in Toronto."
- Matt Bonner
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:39 PM   #5
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

Zalendar has an OK reputation so far

I'm going to miss him.
Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:52 PM   #6
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
My initial reaction was definitely bummed out. I have to leave a city and a team that I love. I loved the coaches, the players, all the people in the front office, the fans... I loved playing in Toronto."

Nevermind im sad again...damn
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:06 PM   #7
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Good luck to him...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:28 AM   #8
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

J Miles 23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh4life
Man without question should all raps fans miss him,

NOPE..get his overpaid ass out of here
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:50 AM   #9
anadgnik
I airball my layups

anadgnik has an OK reputation so far

I will miss his laugh, and his dance, and his translucent skin. He is a hard working, humble, intelligent basketball player in a league full of lazy, arrogant, overpaid fools -like Darius Miles-.

Good pickup for the spurs. They are great for a reason...
anadgnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:00 AM   #10
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by anadgnik
I will miss his laugh, and his dance, and his translucent skin. He is a hard working, humble, intelligent basketball player in a league full of lazy, arrogant, overpaid fools -like Darius Miles-.

Good pickup for the spurs. They are great for a reason...

yeah his name is Tim Duncan....
Old 06-26-2006, 11:26 AM   #11
anadgnik
I airball my layups

anadgnik has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Miles 23
yeah his name is Tim Duncan....
Yes, also a smart, hardworking, nice-guy. And tim is flanked by two other all-star caliber players and handful of great, veteran role-players. and they're all nice and smart and hardworking. Not one of them is an underachieving, straight-out-of-hs, ******* with a 40 inch vertical.

My point is that championship teams are built on much more than talent. Any GM in the league would covet a guy like Matt (especially compared to guys like...hmm...Darius!)
anadgnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:37 AM   #12
Raptorballfan
I airball my layups

Raptorballfan has an OK reputation so far

If you're a true Raptors fan, than you have to respect what Matt Bonner did here in Toronto. You can't fault him for his contract, if someone offered me millions to play basketball I'd say yes too. So forgetting the argument that some feel that he's overpayed, you have to respect a guy who played up to and in some cases beyond what many thought was his potential.

He always played hard, he tried to add to his game in the offseason, and he was a great representative of our city and our team. He was solid in the lockeroom, he never had public arguments or disagreements with anyone. Matt Bonner SHOULD be missed for those reasons.

I personally like the trade, and it's ok to say that you'll miss what he brings to this team but still say that you're happy with the result of the trade.

For the fans that have been following since day one, there haven't been many players like Bonner on the Raps. The Raptors should hope to have players that play to their potential, give it their all every game AND in the offseason. If we had a team full of those types of players, we'd be a much better team.
Raptorballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:44 AM   #13
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

God Bless Matt Bonner, I can't wait for the Spurrs to come to the ACC and Matt's return. Standing O.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:10 PM   #14
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

hahaha...obviously i respect him for working hard and making to the nba..but it doesn't mean i like him as a player...sure he hit his open shots..and thats great...but defensively he was terrible and a liability at times late in the game...and to me..he never fully understood his role as a role player...u go...and hit ur open shots.....once he got his confidence up from hiittin those shots..he started to drive and try and create..which isn't what hes out there to do..

and of course if i was offered 2-3 mill to play i would take it..but its one thing to be offered it..and its another that he asked for it..that was he was demanding..
Old 06-26-2006, 01:20 PM   #15
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

hope he does good in SA
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: