Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
bada bing
College star
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,231
bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Indiana Raptors

enough said. Granger and hibbert

this is what happens when you have great management and staff.

The only way these small market teams can compete in this league is if try go the pacers, OKC, spurs and phili way. (phili id not really a small market team but they r doing it the right way)

F U BC
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
Prodigy
Diaw Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: VanCity
Posts: 1,758
Prodigy has decent reputation
Default Re: Indiana Raptors

Granger yes. Hibbert no. Hibbert was drafted 17th, nobody thought he would be anything. Also, BC wasn't here when Charlie V and Joey Graham were drafted over Granger.

So go slap yourself.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
bada bing
College star
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,231
bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Indiana Raptors

you are a freak of nature that should have been aborted.

you are right. I should have said F U Raptors and fans like prodigy who make excuses for mismanagement. It all started even before babcock.

If you say yes to granger than you should say yes to hibert as well.

you are ignoring my point that raps need better ppl controlling this organization and fans who expect more.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #4
Prodigy
Diaw Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: VanCity
Posts: 1,758
Prodigy has decent reputation
Default Re: Indiana Raptors

You are blaming BC for things that were done before he got here or things nobody could've foreseen. Nobody is satisfied with this team we have but we also have to be realistic and rational instead of just bringing out pitchforks no matter what happens. Back in the year where we drafted Araujo everyone knew it was a bad pick. Back when we didn't draft Granger many people felt that it was probably a mistake even though there were questions as to his health conditions due to his knees. When we traded Hibbert nobody even knew or cared. That is why I can say yes to Granger and no to Hibbert.

All you do however is dig up mistakes from the past and end your post with a nice big F U BC. Next thing you know some team picks up Deron Williams and then you make another thread with a F U BC.

I haven't even been "defending" BC like you say. But everyone on this board is blaming him for EVERYTHING. Everybody is convinced that he is going to trade our pick this year for established talent. Everybody is assuming that he is going to make a push for the 8th seed this year. The summer and the next season HASN'T EVEN STARTED and people are still bringing out the pitchforkes. Casey is the person who handles the minutes. Ed Davis averages 23 minutes and who do we blame? Bryan Colangelo. But when we talk about Casey? Only positive thing to happen this year.

Last edited by Prodigy : 05-18-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
bluerap
Local High School Star
 
bluerap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,014
bluerap has decent reputation
Default Re: Indiana Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
You are blaming BC for things that were done before he got here or things nobody could've foreseen. Nobody is satisfied with this team we have but we also have to be realistic and rational instead of just bringing out pitchforks no matter what happens. Back in the year where we drafted Araujo everyone knew it was a bad pick. Back when we didn't draft Granger many people felt that it was probably a mistake even though there were questions as to his health conditions due to his knees. When we traded Hibbert nobody even knew or cared. That is why I can say yes to Granger and no to Hibbert.

All you do however is dig up mistakes from the past and end your post with a nice big F U BC. Next thing you know some team picks up Deron Williams and then you make another thread with a F U BC.

I haven't even been "defending" BC like you say. But everyone on this board is blaming him for EVERYTHING. Everybody is convinced that he is going to trade our pick this year for established talent. Everybody is assuming that he is going to make a push for the 8th seed this year. The summer and the next season HASN'T EVEN STARTED and people are still bringing out the pitchforkes. Casey is the person who handles the minutes. Ed Davis averages 23 minutes and who do we blame? Bryan Colangelo. But when we talk about Casey? Only positive thing to happen this year.

I knew Hibbert and I cared and so did a lot of people (Larry Bird definitely knew). It is management's job to know.

Hibbert was a project, but a lot of people believed he would pan out.
It is another example of this team trying to go the quick fix route. Trading a draft pick for an aging veteran with health issues is this team's mo.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,416
Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Indiana Raptors

I wanted Hibbert or Koufos (oops) at that 17th pick if the Raptors were to keep it. They were never going to keep that pick though. The Hibbert pick was for Indiana all the way. No guarantee that Hibbert would have been the pick if the Raptors intended to keep it.

Granger was just weird though. It must've been all on the injury concerns. I was hoping they'd take him in that 7th pick but I guess if you have legit injury issues I kinda understand passing on him that early. No excuse for passing him at #16 though. Whatever, that was too long ago. I'm past it at this point.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
Prodigy
Diaw Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: VanCity
Posts: 1,758
Prodigy has decent reputation
Default Re: Indiana Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I wanted Hibbert or Koufos (oops) at that 17th pick if the Raptors were to keep it. They were never going to keep that pick though. The Hibbert pick was for Indiana all the way. No guarantee that Hibbert would have been the pick if the Raptors intended to keep it.

Granger was just weird though. It must've been all on the injury concerns. I was hoping they'd take him in that 7th pick but I guess if you have legit injury issues I kinda understand passing on him that early. No excuse for passing him at #16 though. Whatever, that was too long ago. I'm past it at this point.

Yeah it does kind of suck that we passed on him. Twice.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:02 AM   #8
b4ball
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,146
b4ball has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Indiana Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
enough said. Granger and hibbert

this is what happens when you have great management and staff.

The only way these small market teams can compete in this league is if try go the pacers, OKC, spurs and phili way. (phili id not really a small market team but they r doing it the right way)

F U BC

Incredible how some people post stuff that is uber stupid. As a regular poster here you would think he had a clue about the Raptors, it's management and it's history.

Of course this poster was also passing himself of as a doctor. Doctor, patient, all the same to some people I guess.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #9
bada bing
College star
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,231
bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Indiana Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
Incredible how some people post stuff that is uber stupid. As a regular poster here you would think he had a clue about the Raptors, it's management and it's history.

Of course this poster was also passing himself of as a doctor. Doctor, patient, all the same to some people I guess.

you are talking smack for the purpose of talking smack. you know clearly that what i said was right. I made the comment based on mistakes and lack of direction this team has shown in the past and with BC as well. You clearly failed to read the rest of the posts in here in which I clarified my 'F U BC' comment. but then again, you are a brainwashed ignorant idiot who does not understand the concept of winning or being successful. Continue living in mediocrity. The rest of us on here will continue to to hope for the best and be critical of failed organizations.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #10
bada bing
College star
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,231
bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Indiana Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
I knew Hibbert and I cared and so did a lot of people (Larry Bird definitely knew). It is management's job to know.

Hibbert was a project, but a lot of people believed he would pan out.
It is another example of this team trying to go the quick fix route. Trading a draft pick for an aging veteran with health issues is this team's mo.

would like to stress on this post for all the other clowns in here. It IS the managements job to know. It is their job to recruit and have quality personal on the team who can recruit. The succesful teams in this league have that. This franchise is just incapable of getting such folks on this team. It has been going on with many GMs AND BC has continued the trend. So since this team is all about mediocrity forever, I say again F U BC.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
b4ball
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,146
b4ball has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Indiana Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
you are talking smack for the purpose of talking smack. you know clearly that what i said was right. I made the comment based on mistakes and lack of direction this team has shown in the past and with BC as well. You clearly failed to read the rest of the posts in here in which I clarified my 'F U BC' comment. but then again, you are a brainwashed ignorant idiot who does not understand the concept of winning or being successful. Continue living in mediocrity. The rest of us on here will continue to to hope for the best and be critical of failed organizations.

You clearly wrote something that everybody should have understood, but you had to clarify your post because it was proven to be, as I said, uber stupid. Just what we expect from you. And yes it is fun pointing it out to you, again.
..
The mediocrity you speak of is something I hope to see from you someday, because that would be a HUGE leap from where you are today as a poster.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,272
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Indiana Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Granger yes. Hibbert no. Hibbert was drafted 17th, nobody thought he would be anything. Also, BC wasn't here when Charlie V and Joey Graham were drafted over Granger.

So go slap yourself.
I disagree with that. The word out on Hibbert for all those in the know was "project" not "bust." That's the reason Indy was willing to trade JO for him in the first place. I mean yeah there was a number of good reasons for trading JO (reputation, injuries, attitude, etc...) but they knew that Hibbert was a potential building block and for a rebuilding team at the time they could afford to wait for him. So I strongly disagree on the notion that nobody thought he would be anything and I think that trade was one of BC's biggest mistakes as a GM. And I know I was one who wanted him to keep Hibbert and trade Bargnani at the time.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #13
Prodigy
Diaw Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: VanCity
Posts: 1,758
Prodigy has decent reputation
Default Re: Indiana Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I disagree with that. The word out on Hibbert for all those in the know was "project" not "bust." That's the reason Indy was willing to trade JO for him in the first place. I mean yeah there was a number of good reasons for trading JO (reputation, injuries, attitude, etc...) but they knew that Hibbert was a potential building block and for a rebuilding team at the time they could afford to wait for him. So I strongly disagree on the notion that nobody thought he would be anything and I think that trade was one of BC's biggest mistakes as a GM. And I know I was one who wanted him to keep Hibbert and trade Bargnani at the time.


Fair enough. I guess it depends on how probable you think a player will ever reach their potential. At the same time though you cannot act like he is some world beater at the center position. In a time where the centre position is pathetic, Hibbert has averaged 12/9 (cooling down from something like 15/10 at the time he was selected an allstar) in his 4th year after having already spent 4 years in college. In hindsight trading him was a bad move. At the time however Chris Bosh needed help in the middle and it seemed like we would be able to make the second round at least if JO was even 70% of his former self. Trade didn't pan out and Bosh left. Shit happens.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:01 AM   #14
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,272
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Indiana Raptors

The move wasn't made for Chris Bosh, it was made for Bargnani, everyone knows that. Yes, Bosh was supposed to be a beneficiary of having JO there as well but the move was to buy Bargs some time and to experiment with him at a new position. They saw that hes a poor rebounder and defender and thought that if they bring in someone who can do those things, they could just slide him over to the 3 and he could do what he does best. Score. My issue is not with making moves and taking risks. It's putting the overall needs of the franchise as a secondary goal. And if thats not the case, then my issue is with being stupid enough to legitimately feel that Bargnani could be a franchise player up until maybe a season ago. He was making the kind of moves that tweak a title contender rather than building one up.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #15
SESSEL15
High School Starter
 
SESSEL15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 843
SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Indiana Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
The move wasn't made for Chris Bosh, it was made for Bargnani, everyone knows that. Yes, Bosh was supposed to be a beneficiary of having JO there as well but the move was to buy Bargs some time and to experiment with him at a new position. They saw that hes a poor rebounder and defender and thought that if they bring in someone who can do those things, they could just slide him over to the 3 and he could do what he does best. Score. My issue is not with making moves and taking risks. It's putting the overall needs of the franchise as a secondary goal. And if thats not the case, then my issue is with being stupid enough to legitimately feel that Bargnani could be a franchise player up until maybe a season ago. He was making the kind of moves that tweak a title contender rather than building one up.

Was that explicitly stated? I don't think they would make that trade just to accommodate Bargnani. It was a move to better the team and hope for some playoff success.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy