Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-23-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool
Default High school friend of mine gets 9 million from instagram deal

http://blog.instagram.com/post/18793...ome-ryan-gomba

I ran track with this kid in high school. He got a job working for instagram and 1 MONTH LATER facebook buys them out for 1 billion dollars. He got 9 MILLION from the deal and now has a steady job working under facebook. Lucky bastard.

enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #2
iamgine

iamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this boardiamgine is popular on this board
Default Re: High school friend of mine gets 9 million from instagram deal

Isn't 9 million enough to retire? I mean, just buy houses and live off the rent.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #3
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP has decent reputationLBJMVP has decent reputation

damn, what a lucky bastard.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Have you thought of a way to mooch off of him yet?
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:19 AM   #5
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Have you thought of a way for us to mooch off him yet?
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #6
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow.

What kind of work did he do for Instagram?
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #7
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Being raised in Silicon Valley, I had quite a few friends (and their parents) cash out on stocks and stock options. One friend of mine's sister worked for Yahoo in the early days, and retired in her late 20's off stock options. My mother worked for a company called 3Ware, which was eventually bought by IBM, and I believe she made about 600k off her stock options. During the dot-com boom, stories like this were common place.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #8
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

my initial reaction

my secondary reaction

my true reaction

anyway...lucky son of a gun..dude is set for life...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:51 AM   #9
enayes
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Wow.

What kind of work did he do for Instagram?

I really don't know, I heard the story today from another friend of mine.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #10
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Daaaaaammnnn!

Are you going to get rewarded for being his friend?
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:53 AM   #11
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

One of my friends needs to hit it big already. Bunch of fvckups.
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #12
enayes
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killbot
Daaaaaammnnn!

Are you going to get rewarded for being his friend?

I switched schools and only spent my senior year of high school with this guy. I ran track with him but barely talked to him, we have a few mutual friends that I still talk to. With that said I did send him a facebook message to "congratulate" him. Hopefully this will input/create a fond memory of me leading him to mail me a check for $15,000.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #13
enayes
Decent college freshman

He never responded to my message. Probably to busy livin' the good life
Old 02-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #14
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Whatever you do, don't ask him for money. And he's probably not even your "friend." Just some guy you know.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #15
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Have you thought of a way for us to mooch off him yet?

People have been asking me this in regards to you. I'm packing my bags soon.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: