Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Warners0
Kids at the park dunk on me

Warners0 has no real reputation yet.
Default Derrick Rose

Derrick Rose (knee surgery) is "already walking with a soft brace on his injured knee and only one crutch," a source tells CSN Chicago.
Rose was said to be in good spirits previously, and although he's now sporting a soft cast, the timetable for his recovery remains the same 8-12 months. We're not expecting to see Rose on the court before January at the earliest, and even that may be an optimistic outlook at this point.
Warners0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: Derrick Rose

I'm thinking after the All-Star break, but hopefully everything goes well and what counts is that whenever he does come back he's 100%
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

I don't care when he comes back. I care that he comes back strong and healthy.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
I don't care when he comes back. I care that he comes back strong and healthy.
This

play him 5 minutes if that's what he's cleared and prepared for.

play him 0 if he's not. GET THAT MAN HEALTHY.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sit the whole season for all I care. I don't want to see Rose come back in February, then re-injure his knee in March.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Sit the whole season for all I care. I don't want to see Rose come back in February, then re-injure his knee in March.

Understood, but if he can come back in February 100% and help us make a run to finish the season and in the playoffs as well... why not?

I want him to be completely healed too and for him to not re-injure himself, but I think we don't sit him just to sit him. Don't think it has to be the full year. February would be 9 months. We'll see.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

And believe me I would understand if the news came out that they decided it would be best for Derrick to sit out the whole season.

But until that comes out I am in the belief that a season, the rest of the team, the coaching staff, the organization, and the fans are important too. We shouldn't just throw away a season just to be extra extra careful.

If he's ready then let him play. Bring him back gradually with giving him a low amount of minutes and then increase them as time goes, but if the doctors clear him, he feels good and the coaches like how he looks let him come back and don't hold him out just because.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #8
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Understood, but if he can come back in February 100% and help us make a run to finish the season and in the playoffs as well... why not?

I want him to be completely healed too and for him to not re-injure himself, but I think we don't sit him just to sit him. Don't think it has to be the full year. February would be 9 months. We'll see.

He would be the first ACL-tear victim in the NBA history to recover to 100% that fast. Setting records above and beyond any star-caliber player to do so. If he can be 100%, then I'm game. History shows us that he wont be 100% until 2013-14.

Why not? Because it might be a lost season for us. We may use it as a player development season, and if we are lottery bound, then so be it.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #9
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
And believe me I would understand if the news came out that they decided it would be best for Derrick to sit out the whole season.

But until that comes out I am in the belief that a season, the rest of the team, the coaching staff, the organization, and the fans are important too. We shouldn't just throw away a season just to be extra extra careful.

If he's ready then let him play. Bring him back gradually with giving him a low amount of minutes and then increase them as time goes, but if the doctors clear him, he feels good and the coaches like how he looks let him come back and don't hold him out just because.

Throw 1 season away. Throw 10 seasons away. That is the dilemma and risk at hand.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #10
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Throw 1 season away. Throw 10 seasons away. That is the dilemma and risk at hand.

Understood. Just trying to remain positive and optimistic.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Understood. Just trying to remain positive and optimistic.
I know. It's not easy. I want to be optimistic, but I'm trying to be as objective as possible, as far as risk assessment.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #12
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I'd love for them to get a good point guard to replace Rose while Rose is recovering but at the same time this team has to go after another superstar player to team with Rose. The first round proved it. This team is good but even with Rose 100% this team still needs that one other superstar player that can help carry the load. Boozer, Noah and Deng are solid players but they're not that superstar player. Rose needs his own Pippen.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:10 AM   #13
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I'd love for them to get a good point guard to replace Rose while Rose is recovering but at the same time this team has to go after another superstar player to team with Rose. The first round proved it. This team is good but even with Rose 100% this team still needs that one other superstar player that can help carry the load. Boozer, Noah and Deng are solid players but they're not that superstar player. Rose needs his own Pippen.
Exactly. Those guys aint even rodman level players. More like kukoc level. And id pick kukoc over noah, deng and boozer too.

Id feel more confortable sitting rose down for the season. Playoff run or not, i dont want him reinjuring his knee or doing something worse and one problem becomessomething along the lines of sam bowie. All because hes rushed back too soon.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #14
Warners0
Kids at the park dunk on me

Warners0 has no real reputation yet.

It would be a cowardly thing to do to sit Rose the whole year just to do it. If his teammates get us in the playoffs I expect him to be playing.

You can't just waste years like that.

Playoffs start in April it will be 12 months.

Get your behind on the court.
Warners0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #15
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

I think we've felt the pain of bringing Rose back too early enough this season. Give him a chance to rest. Next season is a write-off whether we like it or not, unless we land an all-star like Nash.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: