Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputation
Default Favorite Documentaries?

My roommates and I have gotten into them as of late. I almost prefer them now over any other film. I've watched loads of BBC documentaries and most recently a documentary called Gasland talking about Marcellus Shale. Very interesting and I recommend it greatly.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Favorite Documentaries?

i find a lot of documentaries hard to watch these days, too much use of cgi and overly dramatic.

but there was a thread on this not too long ago, i suggested this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9qs7lVK-6Y

anything by louis theroux is also an interesting and fun watch. personally i like the one on black nationalism, looking for love (thai brides), and gambling in vegas. he often finds the most eccentric characters to interview.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Very good, very sad.

Here's the whole thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76I23wBhKmI

Last edited by RaininThrees : 06-06-2012 at 10:08 AM.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i just watched one called Scarlet Road that i highly recommend

you may well have heard of it m-t, its from your neck of the woods. it's about a prostitute in australia, living in one of the half dozen regions in the world where prostitution is completely legal, who specializes in the disabled clientele. unbelievably touching story that cuts straight to the heart about misconceptions regarding both sexuality, its place in the world of buying and selling, and mot notably chronic disabilities and folks who have no choice but to overcome them.

nothing fancy or hi-tek, just a straight to the point low budget narrative about a person changing lives. funniest aspect about it i found was that going in and knowing it revolved around a hooker, as a typical shallow hetero male, i was obviously hoping for a total bombshell. the girl wound up being attractive but nothing particularly special, a little thick, decent face, etc. but as the film went on and she spoke on screen more and more, showed some emotion and spilled her heart out, she just looked better and better. by the end of it there wasn't a girl in a theater of 250 i'd have wanted to fk more than her lol
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It seems like every month there is a new thread about documentaries.

check here

and here

and here
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And here
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #7
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And don't forget here
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #8
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

hbo's "hot coffee"
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

cocaine cowboys and louis theroux law and disorder in philadelphia and magic and bird on hbo
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Marwencol
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #11
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputation

Thanks for the suggestions and sorry I didn't realize all of the threads were made regarding documentaries. I love you.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #12
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
you may well have heard of it m-t, its from your neck of the woods. it's about a prostitute in australia, living in one of the half dozen regions in the world where prostitution is completely legal, who specializes in the disabled clientele. unbelievably touching story that cuts straight to the heart about misconceptions regarding both sexuality, its place in the world of buying and selling, and mot notably chronic disabilities and folks who have no choice but to overcome them.

nothing fancy or hi-tek, just a straight to the point low budget narrative about a person changing lives. funniest aspect about it i found was that going in and knowing it revolved around a hooker, as a typical shallow hetero male, i was obviously hoping for a total bombshell. the girl wound up being attractive but nothing particularly special, a little thick, decent face, etc. but as the film went on and she spoke on screen more and more, showed some emotion and spilled her heart out, she just looked better and better. by the end of it there wasn't a girl in a theater of 250 i'd have wanted to fk more than her lol

i haven't but i will check it out. documentaries about this industry are actually really interesting. you think it would be smutty and trashy or abusive, but there are some dare i say it touching stories and sweet people working there.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #13
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cocaine Cowboys
The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
Man on Wire
Exit Through the Gift Shop
The Thin Blue

I haven't seen Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills, but I saw a show about what happened, and it's pretty ****ed up.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 06-07-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #14
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hoop Dreams
Exit Through the Gift Shop

The two that I will watch over and over again. I had reservations about Exit but I had heard enough good things about it. And I watched it and damn! It was very interesting not for it's subject matter, but for it's subjects. Hoop Dreams is the shit.

Other than that it's up to tastes. I like documentaries like No-Impact Man and King of Kong: Fistful of Quarters

Here, if you've got Netflix: http://www.clicker.com/blog/the-75-m...flix-7704.html
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #15
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: