Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here
Default What is your favorite movie director/writer of all time?

For me its Tarantino...

Each and every of his movies i loved, his entire repertoir/style is just EXACTLY what i like... its just so cool and bad ass... its like if i envisioned myself being a director, this is exactly what my style and type of movies would have been....

Often i watched my first Tarantino movies i would go: "What if this guy did this and a cameo appearance of this guy came forth and they teamed up and then this and that... would be just epic..."
and then THAT exactly happens.... its like Tarantino is picking my brain or something. Last time that happened was in in volume 1 & 2 of Kill Bill... first with the Hattori Hanzo influence and his Katanas (the greatest samurai ever, am a big japanese & chinese history guy, have a bit knowledge there, so that was a big surprise) and then with Pai-Mei from the classic kung fu movie "Clan of the White Lotus" (one of my all-time favorite kung fu flicks, so i was shocked when i saw him in Kill Bill 2), appearance of Chia Hui Liu ... the five fingers of death and so on... haha... awesome

He is influenced by the greatest action movies of all time and specifically exactly those movies that ME loved, he loves to throw in some cameo influence of an oldschool movie, anything from old school kung-fu movies (which i happen to love and i know Tarantino loves to) to Spagetti Westerns, Japanese movies, Drama, Classics, 60s, 70s, 80s style movies and so on...

The guy is just an absolute genius with the coolest style ever!

Last edited by pauk : 06-08-2012 at 09:17 PM.
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What is your favorite producer of all time?

he didnt produce any of his films, or few anyway. as a producer he generally just attaches his name to obscure little films he had nothing to do with bu his name tacked on helps them get publicity.

pretty sure you mean director, producers often have very little artistic input, infact generally none.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

If by producer you mean director, then yes, I actually agree with you for once.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Yea.. sorry.. i mean movie maker/producer/writer/director... im leaning more towards writer/director

Last edited by pauk : 06-08-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
PianoMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Yea.. sorry.. i mean movie maker/producer/writer/director...
Lol, Pauk I didn't know you like to be in off the court discussions
Old 06-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What is your favorite producer/writer/director of all time?

well which is it? or is it all three?

tarrentino doesnt produce his films in general.

think you should change the thread to director. thats the only thing that makes sense as only the director is author of a film.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
pauk
NBA Legend

Default Re: What is your favorite producer/writer/director of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
well which is it? or is it all three?

tarrentino doesnt produce his films in general.

think you should change the thread to director. thats the only thing that makes sense as only the director is author of a film.

Lets say a combination of Director/Writer
Old 06-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #8
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What is your favorite director/writer of all time?

guy ritchie
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #9
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
guy ritchie

Yea he has is own cool style to
Old 06-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #10
pauk
NBA Legend

Default Re: What is your favorite movie director/writer of all time?

I love also Peter Jackson.... believe it or not i liked the guy before LOTR or anything like that, i liked him for his old school slashers like Braindead/Dead Alive, Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles and so on... not many knew who he was before LOTR... and those who did, got kindof shocked figuring out he made LOTR (and that good) considering he was mostly a b-movie crazy gore/slasher movie director/producer/writer hehe..... i thought LOTR was gona be the most goriest movie ever or something lol

Last edited by pauk : 06-08-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
DEADPOOLZOMBIE
Hunger for Neurosis

DEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Way too many to select from Tarantino/Nolan/Linklater/Coen/Scorsese
DEADPOOLZOMBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

i really dont have one. i felt like aronofsky was clearly the best talent working on the fringes of the american studio system but with one film sean durkin has me reconsidering.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #13
DEADPOOLZOMBIE
Hunger for Neurosis

DEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDEADPOOLZOMBIE is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
i really dont have one. i felt like aronofsky was clearly the best talent working on the fringes of the american studio system but with one film sean durkin has me reconsidering.
Forgot about The Fountain guy, definitely merits consideration from me.
DEADPOOLZOMBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #14
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My favorite is Akira Kurosawa.

Other I really like are Woody Allen, Scorsese, Coen Brothers, John Ford, Howard Hawks.

Those last two are blasts from the past and I'm going to throw out another name for you old time film fans, Preston Sturges.

He's not too well known, but he made about 7 comedies in a run that will stand up with any ever made.

The Coen Brothers are gigantic fans of his. The Hudsucker Proxies is their attempt at a Preston Sturges movie and Oh, Brother Where Art Thou is literally taken from one of his movies.

And a producer can be a creative force on a film, anyone whose worked in films knows the auteur theory only applies to a very small number of directors.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #15
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauk
Who is your favorite movie director/writer of all time?

Edited. Corrected. Thank me later.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: