Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

OKCThunderUP is considered somewhat coolOKCThunderUP is considered somewhat cool
Default David Stern to Jim Rome: "Do you still beat your wife?"

David Stern was on Jim Rome's show today. Rome asked Stern "Was the NBA lottery rigged?" to which Stern replied, "Do you still beat your wife?"

Asshole move for sure, but why is Rome asking such a stupid question? He kind of deserved that reply by Stern.

Link to the audio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Yi2kH4U7E8A

Last edited by insidehoops : 06-13-2012 at 05:54 PM.
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Stern: "Do you still beat your wife?"

no way he said that
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So he's implying that he rigged the lottery in the past, and no longer does? Since Jim Rome once beat his wife, and presumably no longer does?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stern
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
Jordan-esque
Real Men watch CBM

Jordan-esque has decent reputationJordan-esque has decent reputation

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012...ing-your-wife/

Link with Audio below!

Recap:

Quote:
Question starts right around 7:38 minute mark.

Rome: You know New Orleans won the draft, which of course produced the usual round of speculation that maybe the lottery was fixed. I know that you appreciate a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, was the fix in for the lottery?

Stern: You know, I have two answers for that. I'll give you the easy one. No and a statement, "Shame on you for asking.".

Rome: I understand why you would say that to me and I wanted to prep by saying it respectfully, I think it's my job to ask because people wonder.

Stern: No it's ridiculous.

Rome: I know that you think it's ridiculous, but I don't think the question is ridiculous cause I know people think that. I'm not saying that I do, but I think it's my job to ask you that.

Stern: Have you stopped beating your wife yet?

Rome: Yeah, I don't know if that's fair.

Stern: Why's that?

Rome: Because I think that there is, and I know you read your e-mails and I'm sure you follow things virally and on twitter, people really do think it, whether it's fair or not.

Stern: Well, they think it because it's...

Rome: You don't think the question is fair to ask if your fans think it?

Stern: Silly questions. I expect it to be written about and you know, I actually I commented on my presser there was one guy who I won't dignify by name says "I have no reason to know anything and I don't know anything, but I tell you it's totally fixed." Ok, that's good, why is that?

Well if this team won it, or that team won it, it would have been a fix also. And if every team was invited and had a representative there and there were four members of the media there and the (board?) certified it. You still think yes. I guess...

Rome: I think 2 things which to respond to this. Number one, I don't think so. I don't think so and I'm not covering myself. I don't think so, but by asking the question would not suggest that I think so. But the one thing I would say, the league does own the team, does it not?

Stern: Yes

Rome: Does that not make the question fair?

Stern: I don't think so. Number 1, we sold and we're going to close it this week. We have already established our price. I think that if we had... that if it had gone to Michael Jordan, which was the next team up in terms of high percentage, Stern was taking care of his friend Michael and if it would have went to Brooklyn which is going to Bradley Center would have taken Brooklyn off of the mat. There's no winning.

Last edited by Jordan-esque : 06-13-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Jordan-esque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

OKCThunderUP is considered somewhat coolOKCThunderUP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
So he's implying that he rigged the lottery in the past, and no longer does? Since Jim Rome once beat his wife, and presumably no longer does?

I wouldn't read that much into it. He said the same thing at the Tim Donaghey press conference.
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has not been impressing people

Don't screw with a guy who is retiring
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Pwnd.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Rome has never once had a history of beating his wife so the question Stern asked in response to the Lottery being fixed is somewhat justified. its an unfair question.

Thanks for confirming why I wont listen to Rome. The Jim Everett incident says all you need to know about Jim Rome.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #10
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan-esque

I cant get the shit to work
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #11
Jordan-esque
Real Men watch CBM

Jordan-esque has decent reputationJordan-esque has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
I cant get the shit to work
I edited my original post and printed the recap in text
Jordan-esque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #12
Reverend Hoops
Decent college freshman

Reverend Hoops has decent reputationReverend Hoops has decent reputation

LOL @ Jim Rome telling Stern to get on a plane and go to Seattle.
Reverend Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #13
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

Stern getting sensitive and testy.

305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan-esque

Wow, the end of that interview was awkward as hell lol. Both Rome and Stern getting frustrated with each other.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #15
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: