Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

Default California To Place Ban On SPANKING?!???

Tell me that this is not what the state of affairs in the world today has come to. That the government can implement a ban on how you discipline YOUR KIDS?

California has a bill proposed that would consitute a ban of spanking on children. I missed if it was over the age of 3 or under. I'm sorry but on this I'm adamant. We have the freedom of speech, the rights to bear arms, but I can't whoop my child?

I'm old school. My grandmother said something and I agree wholeheartedly. She says what's wrong with today's generation is that they don't know what it's like to have a foot stuck up their @$$ (behind). Back in the day, you'd see a mother walking down the street and kick a kid in the seat of their pants. Probably why these young punks sag so hard nowadays, because nobody'll kick em in the britches. I remember even through elementary and middle school, we had corporal punishment, where you could get paddled or a ruler taken to your knuckles.

America more and more is gearing towards becoming a nation of pansies. This is ridiculous. I'm putting full blame on those you know who's. You know who I'm talking about.

Blame Canada
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:43 PM   #2
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!

( )
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

See what happens when you give chicks equal rights? They turn the whole country into a bunch of pu$$ies. But then again I'm a male shovenist pig so don't listen to me. I need to move to Japan.
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
Zombles
Local High School Star

good idea.

hitting your kids is retarded and doesn't teach anything except violence and you can do what you want to those weaker than you.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #5
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
hitting your kids is retarded and doesn't teach anything except violence and you can do what you want to those weaker than you.

I'm going to guess you are not around little annoying kids much? Kids need to be displined however their parents see fit.

My dad's friend and his wife don't believe in spanking and their son and daughter walk all over them! Anything they want, their parents buy. The girl is a snobby brat.. I can already picture exactly what she's going to be like in a few years (you know that stuck-up bytch who looked down on you in high school.. the girl that only dated the guy with the fast car or with the boatload of money.. that's gonna be her!) And their son? Maaan.. My dad has tried to make my little brother and him be friends for the longest time and my bro would refuse to hang out with him because he swears the kid is homo You don't spank your kids, they grow up to be pusssies

Asian cultures seem to encourage spanking and most Asians I know are the most non-violent people I know!

Simply sending kids to their rooms or taking away their allowance doesn't work. It just doesn't.
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:49 PM   #6
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

I don't like seeing kids under 5 being beat, because most of the time they don't know what they're doing... but anything above 5 years old, and they're acting up.... I say beat em.... if they're 24, still live at home, keep beating em until they get their own place or move out....
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
bokes15
Playoffs!

A guy got thrown in jail for spanking his child in massachusetts. It's crazy the system today, kids can get their parents thrown in jail for pretty much anything.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:51 PM   #8
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

spank not beat. open hand not fist. slap one cheek and backhand the other cheek = ok:
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:57 PM   #9
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues
spank not beat. open hand not fist. slap one cheek and backhand the other cheek = ok:

the rule is now, a spanking is allowed as long as it doesn't leave a mark. so even a slap could constitute jail time if it shows.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:59 PM   #10
Balla_Status

one time i was at my friends house and his brother was being bad and the mother spanked him with one of those large wooden spoons you use to mix orange juice or grab salad. It was pretty funny. Spanking isnt necessary but can be used to discipline children. I was never spanked, just yelled at and had lime juice sprayed into my mouth and washed my mouth with soap (that **** is gross).
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #11
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

I was spanked, A LOT!! lol. but the key is that I was spanked, never beaten. If I was beaten i'd have a problem. But I knew my parents did that to keep me out of trouble, not to harm me.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:45 PM   #12
shadow
Laker fan here

It's one thing to abuse a child by beating them up, and its quiet another to spank them. There is a difference between discipline and abuse and I don't think it's that hard to tell apart. Stupid law.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #13
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
There is a difference between discipline and abuse and I don't think it's that hard to tell apart. Stupid law.

Correct.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:58 PM   #14
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
Tell me that this is not what the state of affairs in the world today has come to. That the government can implement a ban on how you discipline YOUR KIDS?
this is a PROPOSED BILL. haven't you seen school house rock? do you know the long odds **** like this has to go to become law? it's not gonna happen. anyone can propose any bill. I could propose a bill right now that bans people from interracial kissing. but it won't go anywhere.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:59 PM   #15
poorlilrich
woop woop

Some Oakland dad just went to jail for hitting his child. He hit the kid because

the boy wouldnt learn his ABCs and his 123s fast enought. The kid was only 4;

Oakland is a wreck right now.
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: