Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Top 5 Underrated Players of All-Time

In order

Here is how I think are the 5 most underrated players of all-time. And by underrated, I mean they don't get the recognition they deserve

Kevin Johnson
This guy has to be the most underrated player ever. Usually he doesn't even get recognition for being a Top 10 PG of All-Time. But he DEFINATELY is. He is never menitioned when talking about the Great PGs of All-Time, the best from the 90s, and so on. But this guy is the best Sun PG in history, NOT Steve Nash. And people just forgot how good he was.

Gary Payton
A no brainer here. Everywhere I look, Gary Payton is underrated. You might call me "biased" or whatever, but there is no doubt he is underrated. He deserves Top 5 PG of All-Time, and people give him credit for "just" making Top 10. Thats Funny, try backing that up

Moses Malone
I was reading that Top 5 Centers of All-Time thread. LOL. There is no way you can say Kareem, Hakeem, Shaq, Wilt, and Russell are INARGUABLY the Top 5 and then is the rest. Moses was "easily" on their level. You could make a great case that Moses was better than Hakeem. Moses ALWAYS should be mentioned with those 5.

John Havlicek
Havlicek is a guy that I bascially think many don't know or people don't realize how good he was. The guy has won more titles than any SF in history, only player of those Celtic teams to win WITH and WITHOUT Russell. Also, he could do it all, score, rebound, pass, and defend, with consistency. Great player

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
The last one was hard. I couldn't really think of anybody so I just put Kareem. Though he really isn't that underrated. But I will say, he is the GOAT Center. And if anybody puts him less than that, than you are underrating him. You can make cases for Wilt and Russell too, but Kareem's case will always be stronger as the best Center of All-Time. But like I said, you could put anybody you want at 5, I just chose to put Kareem.

Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

hakeem olajuwon, i just heard one guy the other day say that he isnt in the top in nba history, and that he is in the league of DR-J, give me a fcucking break.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:56 PM   #3
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
hakeem olajuwon, i just heard one guy the other day say that he isnt in the top in nba history, and that he is in the league of DR-J, give me a fcucking break.
Well usually Hakeem gets the credit he deserves and that is definately Top 10

But Dr.J isn't too far off from that. Dr. J is Top 15. So you can't hate on Hakeem or Erving
Old 01-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #4
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kareem underated, I don't know about that same for GP, the rest are underated.

You could add Clyde Drexler to that list. He is super underated. From the era he played in, the people that come to mind are Jordan, Hakeem, Charles, Stockton and Malone and even players that he was better then from that same time period like Pippen, Pat Ewing, D-Rob, Nique, Miller get more recognition then Glide.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:58 PM   #5
DreamRockets

most of them were better than drexler though, only miller was arguably worst than glide, and miller was much more clutch.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:59 PM   #6
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Kareem underated, I don't know about that same for GP, the rest are underated.

You could add Clyde Drexler to that list. He is super underated. From the era he played in, the people that come to mind are Jordan, Hakeem, Charles, Stockton and Malone and even players that he was better then from that same time period like Pippen, Pat Ewing, D-Rob, Nique, Miller get more recognition then Glide.
True

Drexler probably would make the Top 10 most underrated players of all-time...
Old 01-19-2007, 06:59 PM   #7
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
most of them were better than drexler though, only miller was arguably worst than glide, and miller was much more clutch.
No

Drexler >>> Miller EASILY...its not even close

If I make a "overrated" thread, Miller will have to be on that...
Old 01-19-2007, 07:00 PM   #8
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

I agree that Kareem is underrated. He should be consider among the BEST to ever play the game, at ANY position. Yet folks always say Bill Russell, Wilt, etc.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:01 PM   #9
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
I agree that Kareem is underrated. He should be consider among the BEST to ever play the game, at ANY position. Yet folks always say Bill Russell, Wilt, etc.
Exactly

Kareem = 2nd best ever to play
Old 01-19-2007, 07:04 PM   #10
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

Stockton deserves to be on there... He has completely dominated steals and assists in the NBA and many people don't give him the credit he deserves.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:04 PM   #11
DreamRockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
No

Drexler >>> Miller EASILY...its not even close

If I make a "overrated" thread, Miller will have to be on that...

well, unlike you i dont give a damn about stats, i value other things more, like millers ability to make a poor indiana team contend, unlike drexler who could do nothing but lose with a great portland team.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:05 PM   #12
DreamRockets

magic is better than kareem easily, kareem was magic's sidekick in most of his championships.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:08 PM   #13
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple

I just don't think Kareem is underated. In most top 5 center list he is always in the top 3. Russel, Chamberlain and Jabbar; all in different orders most of the times.

Another underated player is Bob Pettit. I've never seen him play (besides highlights and what not) but most that played against him say he was the best 4 man ever. Malone, Barkley, Duncan, McHale even Garnett sometimes get ranked over him in top PF list.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:10 PM   #14
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Centers of the 80's and 90's are almost all underrated.

Ewing is. Sure, he was no Dream, but he didn't exactly su(k. He couldn't defeat prime Jordan - that's what he was fault at.

David Robinson is, when compared to Tim Duncan. Robinson was every bit as good as Duncan, and I'd say even better on ability. He had a much tougher time to compete is but he was great. Duncan is good but he just arrived in time.

Brad Dougherty is. Robert Parish. Even Bill Cartwright is underrated. He was a lot better than 2 funny looking free throws. I could go on with this list but you get the concept.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:11 PM   #15
Fiyah
Kids at the park dunk on me

Fiyah has an OK reputation so far

Guy Rodgers
Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: