Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 06-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board
Default Ladainian Tomlinson to retire

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/80...mlinson-retire

It's finally official. I thought he had a couple of years left in him, but looks like he wants to ride off in the sunset healthy.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ladainian Tomlinson to retire

He hasn't had life in those legs since the first half of the '10 season. Probably one of the more under appreciated greats we've had. People will look back 10-15 years from now and realize how good he was more so than they will now. Playing in a market like SD probably hurt that a bit.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

He was always one of my favorite players and he did some good things for my Jets. Sad to see him go.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Top 10 runner all time

HOFer

Legend
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He always came off as a b!tch to me. Primadonna. Also hate when people call him LT. Only one LT and he played on defense.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
He always came off as a b!tch to me. Primadonna.

How so?
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #7
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
He hasn't had life in those legs since the first half of the '10 season. Probably one of the more under appreciated greats we've had. People will look back 10-15 years from now and realize how good he was more so than they will now. Playing in a market like SD probably hurt that a bit.

I don't think so. He was viewed unanimously as the best RB in the league for multiple years but I do think him not winning a SB will hurt him significantly.

But in his prime he was an amazing player and such an all-around talent. One of the better receiving threats from the backfield this league has seen.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
He always came off as a b!tch to me. Primadonna.

Tomlinson is pure class
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How would not winning a SB ring hurt him significantly? When you rank Rbs of all time, the last thing that is used to argue is rings. When it comes to Emmitt the amount of yards rushing, amount of years playing always gets used before how many rings. I dont think rings hurt Tomlinson at all.

Him and Faulk were among the best dual threat RBs in the history of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
How so?

Stuff he said in interviews, body language, demeanor.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #10
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I don't think so. He was viewed unanimously as the best RB in the league for multiple years but I do think him not winning a SB will hurt him significantly.

But in his prime he was an amazing player and such an all-around talent. One of the better receiving threats from the backfield this league has seen.

Didn't hurt Barry Sanders. Didn't hurt Eric Dickerson. Didn't hurt Earl Campbell.

It won't hurt Tomlinson.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #11
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
How would not winning a SB ring hurt him significantly? When you rank Rbs of all time, the last thing that is used to argue is rings. When it comes to Emmitt the amount of yards rushing, amount of years playing always gets used before how many rings. I dont think rings hurt Tomlinson at all.

Him and Faulk were among the best dual threat RBs in the history of the game.

Stuff he said in interviews, body language, demeanor.

I agree that it shouldn't hurt his reputation and it's not as important for other positions such as QB's where rings have an significant impact on player standings.

I just think the average fan is extremely obsessed with championships and alot of people seem to correlate that to a players talent.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The greatest running back of the past decade. His 2006 MVP year was absolutely amazing.

I doubt the lack of a title will hurt him, it's not like basketball where one player can carry a team far into the playoffs.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #13
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation

It was funny watching him sit in the 07 AFC championship game with his coat on, on the sidelines
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #14
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He always came off as a b!tch to me. Primadonna. Also hate when people call him LT. Only one LT and he played on defense.

Leave it to a Philly fan to think lowly of Tomlinson, one of the hardest working and purest football players of the last quarter century plus.

Yet the guy cheers for dudes like Desean Jackson & Michael Vick, yup nothing primadonna about either one of those guys .

Huge Tomlinson fan, greatest RB of my generation. Pretty somber that he had to hang em up without a ring but he's not the first. I had a lot of fun watching LT play. I remember that ridiculous season where every FOX or CBS gamebreak felt like a highlight reel where Tomlinson took a pass 65 yards to the house, took a pitch 35 for the score, etc. He dominated the NFL pretty substantially for a HB in the modern era.

Thanks for the memories LaDainian. Hope retirement is good to your family and health.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #15
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thank you LT for being on my fantasy team during your '06 MVP season. I will always cherish the memories of watching you score me multiple TDs every week.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: