Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 01-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Default Kings@Pistons game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA.com
Kings Visit Pistons in Seach of Back-to-Back Road Wins
By ANDY LEFKOWITZ, STATS Editor=
Posted Jan 20 2007 8:50AM
Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook

Pistons Home
Kings Home
2006-07 Stats at a GlanceNBA.com Daily Confidential
More than two years after being the flashpoint during one the NBA's ugliest moments, Ron Artest looks forward to taking the court at the Palace of Auburn Hills once again.

This time, Artest will lead the Sacramento Kings (15-22) into suburban Detroit on Saturday to meet the Pistons - who may have to deal with another suspension.

Playing for Indiana on Nov. 19, 2004, Artest charged into the stands trying to attack a fan who pelted him with a beverage. That touched off what is considered one of the worst brawls in U.S. sports history, and what NBA commissioner David Stern called "shocking, repulsive and inexcusable."

Five players on the Pacers and Pistons received suspensions totaling 55 games, but Stern levied the strongest punishment against Artest, suspending him for the remainder of the 2004-05 season - 73 games - that caused him to forfeit nearly $5 million of his salary.

Last season, Artest didn't play for either the Pacers or the Kings, to whom he was traded for Peja Stojakovic, during their visits to the Palace.

"I haven't played there in a long time and it's going to be a fun environment. I'm looking forward to Detroit," Artest said earlier this week, adding that "sometimes things happen once in a lifetime. I think that was a once in a lifetime thing. I can't see it happening again."

Pistons CEO Tom Wilson said he will be curious to see how fans react to Artest.

"But I don't think anything will be out of hand," Wilson said. "If fans are close to unruly with heckling, we'll move them."

The Kings (16-22) enter this game looking to win back-to-back road contests for only the second time this season. Kevin Martin scored 14 of his team-high 27 points in the fourth quarter, and Artest had 19 and 11 rebounds for his first double-double in more than two months as Sacramento halted a seven-game skid with a 96-91 victory at Boston on Friday.

"We played with a sense of urgency," said Martin, who leads the team in scoring with 21.3 points per game, but is averaging 25.0 in his last three. "We just had to get one any way we could."

The Kings, who are 5-11 on the road, defeated Utah and Denver on Dec. 15 and 22, respectively for its only consecutive wins away from Arco Arena.

Detroit (22-16) may be without backup forward Antonio McDyess, who likely will be suspended after tangling with Minnesota's Kevin Garnett in a 104-98 double-overtime win on Friday.

"I know they can win without me. I don't think they can win without K.G.," said McDyess, who appeared to start the skirmish by knocking Mark Madsen over with a forearm shiver while they maneuvered for rebound position with 5:18 remaining in regulation and the score tied.

McDyess is averaging a career-low 5.5 points.

Richard Hamilton finished with 26 points and Chauncey Billups added 25, including a 3-pointer with time winding down in the first overtime to tie the game at 91.

"I can't wait until we really become a cohesive unit," said Billups, who has scored 51 points in two games after missing eight with a calf injury. "Tonight we were pretty fired up, especially late. I can't wait to get back to running all of the plays for this offense."

Chris Webber, making his first start in his second game with the Pistons, had 16 points and seven rebounds in 38 minutes. He starred with Sacramento from 1998-2005 and helped the Kings come within one game of the NBA Finals in 2002.

The Pistons are in second place in the Central Division, percentage points ahead of the Chicago Bulls and one-half game behind the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Copyright 2006 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited

http://www.nba.com/games/20070120/SACDET/preview.html

@
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think this is a very winnable game, but also it's our first game vs Webber as a Piston. Not sure if I want us to win anyway, rather have the good draft pick and the cap room that comes with blowing up the team.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

JUST PATHETIC!!! REALLY!!

well after this game for sure a MOVE will be done did you see Geoff's face when the camera went on him?? he looked sooooo damn!! pissed

this game infact will be the back breaker that causes geoff do a move (lagit) move
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:28 PM   #3
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Didn't see Geoff's face, but hopefully this will be the back breaker. Rebuild the team please!

Two words: We suck.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:56 PM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

How often is geoff at away games?

He's usually only at home games, right.

But him being in Detroit means he probably wants to see the team play in person more, so he can make a fair assessment of the players before making a move.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:51 AM   #5
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Nazr and Flip any one????

you know that would be an exact move petrie calls "the right move"

his moves dnt mean Sh*1.... all they are, are bench moves.... bringing bench players who can start on this horrible sac team

Bibby nor Brad either Ron will be moved

guys like cisco hart mo kenny SAR and Corliss cant forget Pot
their wont be any kind of "wow" moves(in a good way ofcourse) this roster will only get tweaked, basically the same but with Flip and Nazr on the squad

guys like Foster Marquees, hayes booth, alston howard, etc
never guys like Caron Butler, delonte west, RJ, etc.

so when a move is striked please dnt get your hopes up high thinking draft picks (maybe expirings) nothing more nothing less...JUST POINTLESS "BENCH MOVES"
Old 01-21-2007, 02:01 AM   #6
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
Nazr and Flip any one????

you know that would be an exact move petrie calls "the right move"

his moves dnt mean Sh*1.... all they are, are bench moves.... bringing bench players who can start on this horrible sac team

Bibby nor Brad either Ron will be moved

guys like cisco hart mo kenny SAR and Corliss cant forget Pot
their wont be any kind of "wow" moves(in a good way ofcourse) this roster will only get tweaked, basically the same but with Flip and Nazr on the squad

guys like Foster Marquees, hayes booth, alston howard, etc
never guys like Caron Butler, delonte west, RJ, etc.

so when a move is striked please dnt get your hopes up high thinking draft picks (maybe expirings) nothing more nothing less...JUST POINTLESS "BENCH MOVES"

Actually he had an interview on KHTK 1140 got into that argument with Hart's agent. It's on Kings.com. He basically said that if the team continues to lose than blowing up the team will become unavoidable. Then in the Bee article I just posted he sounded like he's definitely not happy with Musselman. I actually think that there may be some big moves on the horizon.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:16 AM   #7
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Actually he had an interview on KHTK 1140 got into that argument with Hart's agent. It's on Kings.com. He basically said that if the team continues to lose than blowing up the team will become unavoidable. Then in the Bee article I just posted he sounded like he's definitely not happy with Musselman. I actually think that there may be some big moves on the horizon.
yeah i heard the interview but its petrie men!!

i've noticed about him when he says things in codes, Moves from the Horizon never occurs but when he's tight lipped and wants to keep things then u know for sure a move is on the horizon!

mark my words when we do make a deal whether it being today or by the deadline...jus dnt look for any of the big three to be moved....especially if we dnt get an "allstar" type calibre player in return ......This quote should be stickied;) lol
Old 01-21-2007, 02:31 AM   #8
BradMiller52
Kings fan

No, usually Petrie is tight lipped no matter what. I don't think I've ever really seen him make comments like that. Then he hints at possibly letting Muss go(IMO). He has NEVER made comments like that IMO. Maybe a certain trade isn't being hinted at but a different direction(rebuilding) was definitely hinted at and he is definitely displeased. He probably also recognizes the talent in this draft. A couple more 20 point losses and rebuilding goes from our dream to our reality IMO.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: