Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 01-21-2007, 11:17 AM   #1
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far
Default Mike Dunleavy. Troy Murphy= + Wins.

I give props to Larry Bird for this trade. I had never seen Mike Dunleavy play, and I didn't think much of him as a basketball player. But when I saw him single handedly bring the Pacers back from what was a blowout, i realized he's something special. He drives to the lane at will, can knock down the perimeter jumper and the three ball and can create shots for himself and his teammates. This guy is like Pete Maravich of today's NBA game. He kind of looks like him too.

Troy Murphy is a beast! His jumper is automatic, and he's an all around player. With Jermaine O'Neal being double teamed, he's going to cause matchup problems for any team.

If these two players don't help the Pacers win, I don't know who will. After the Knicks, the Pacers are the team I want to make it to the NBA Finals. I think they can do it, all you need is another backup point guard, unless you can stick to Marquis Daniels, and then they can make some noise this year.

Last edited by j Fresh : 01-21-2007 at 11:34 AM.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

Ok comparing mike dunleavy to pete maravich is pretty crazy man...if he is as good as you put out the warriors would have never traded him..however i do think he and murphy will improve the pacers..but not to the extent your putting out.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:08 PM   #3
j Fresh
Local High School Star

maybe it is a little bit overboard to compare him to Pete Maravich, but it would be fun to actually see him play like that. That would be fun to see, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Mike Dunleavy. : Oh well...
Old 01-23-2007, 10:34 PM   #4
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

for some reason i don't see those 4 guys being put in the same conversations in the future..lol
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:03 PM   #5
j Fresh
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_white089
for some reason i don't see those 4 guys being put in the same conversations in the future..lol

true dat. respect.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:17 AM   #6
P-Forty21

dunleavy will give u energy off the bench and murhy will give u a double double when givin good minutes
Old 01-24-2007, 03:10 PM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Forty21
dunleavy will give u energy off the bench and murhy will give u a double double when givin good minutes

dunleavy is a decent all around player who can hit outside shots. i'd say he's an equivelant to stephen jackson minus the thug mentality and some athleticism. murphy isn't much of a post player but he's a great rebounder and he can stretch the defense by shooting from the outside and/or dishing it in to o'neal for easy points.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:52 PM   #8
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far

the problem has been consistency for Dunleavy. If he can continue to contribute the way he has the last couple games for the Pacers, then the Pacers are in good position. But always before, he seemed to drift off and play half azzed in certain stretches.

either way, i think the Pacers are a better team after the trade. let's hope they get it goin' and make some noize come playoff time.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:15 PM   #9
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Mike Dunleavy. Troy Murphy= + Wins.

Troy Murphy as mentioned earlier has a nice outside stroke, so he can help take some pressure off JO down low. He also gives the Pacers another nice rebounder to go along with JO & Foster. Dunleavy was a very high first round pick so people expected him to be God like. Dunleavy has put up solid numbers and should be a nice fit because he can shoot, pass well, and put the ball on the floor. Diogu is a nice young player, who could be special (reminds me of Elton Brand a little). All in all a solid deal for the Pacers.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:35 AM   #10
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

waddup wit the font???

but annway... i've appreciated them both for quite a while... both great shooting long fellas... great advantage... both good rebounders... very versatile... just need to work on D!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:14 PM   #11
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

That trade didn't work out so well
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:48 PM   #12
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
That trade didn't work out so well

nope. it seemed like it was going to at 1st.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:10 PM   #13
Moose

This trade was a swing and a miss.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:23 AM   #14
GDub
Can barely lace up my sneakers

GDub has an OK reputation so far

Man I think Indiana got suckered into a trade where they thought they wouldnt deal with the same problems Dunleavy and Murphy had at Golden State. Dunleavy's jumper is random at best, hes never been able to contribute consistent scoring. And Murphy doesnt have the versatility to compliment the slowing JO.

Just look at the results, Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington go to Golden State, and they mix with the group instantly (Golden State likes its history of weapon possession) and the warriors make the playoffs, while Indiana sinks down pretty low.

Sure Stephen Jackson had his problems, but I think you guys seriously got played in this trade. For Jackson and Harrington could have gotten somethin better to build with.
GDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:59 AM   #15
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

Dunleavy is a little better this year but still @ that trade
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: