Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Marcus Camby?

Is it still possible? Do we still have the MLE?

Him backing up Bynum... Imagine the difference it would make for our bench. You have a veteran center, helping Bynum out and everything.

And it would be more great if we get Dwight. But once we get Dwight, will it take more space?

I know that when you trade, you don't really have to match the numbers.. you can probably exceed 500k-800k more than we can receive from them. So when that happens, your MLE's limit reduces to what it really is. (ex., 5m reduced to 4m)

What i'm tryna say is, If the Dwight trade happens... will we still be able to sign Camby (MLE)?

Last edited by $LakerGold : 07-07-2012 at 08:27 AM.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Marcus Camby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Is it still possible? Do we still have the MLE?

Him backing up Bynum... Imagine the difference it would make for our bench. You have a veteran center, helping Bynum out and everything.

And it would be more great if we get Dwight. But once we get Dwight, will it take more space?

I know that when you trade, you don't really have to match the numbers.. you can probably exceed 500k-800k more than we can receive from them. So when that happens, your MLE's limit reduces to what it really is. (ex., 5m reduced to 4m)

What i'm tryna say is, If the Dwight trade happens... will we still be able to sign Camby (MLE)?

Nooooooooo, What......are you determined to make us the oldest team in the league.......or trying to gather the entire 1996 draft on this team maybe Iverson, Starbury, Dampier, Jermaine O'Neal........even the Spurs would say "Damn you're freakin old!!!"

Nah......I do not want Camby, I picture a repeat of Theo Ratliff
We can't be that desperate.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

At this point, Jordan Hill is the better option. He's younger, he's a great hustler, and it shows on the stat sheet. I don't know if he will stay though.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
At this point, Jordan Hill is the better option. He's younger, he's a great hustler, and it shows on the stat sheet. I don't know if he will stay though.
100% agree
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

It would be great to sign him.... He played well in the playoffs,
when it counts...

And he wants to play with Nash too!! Who wouldn't?
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:01 AM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Nooooooooo, What......are you determined to make us the oldest team in the league.......or trying to gather the entire 1996 draft on this team maybe Iverson, Starbury, Dampier, Jermaine O'Neal........even the Spurs would say "Damn you're freakin old!!!"

Nah......I do not want Camby, I picture a repeat of Theo Ratliff
We can't be that desperate.

Camby is coming off a 9rpg/1.4bpg in under 24 mpg season where he missed only 4 games in a condensed season. Impressive if you ask me. Ratliff was a guy who barely even played the previous 5 years before playing LA due to injury. We'd be lucky to get him. I'd like Jordan Hill over him, but Camby still has game.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Camby is coming off a 9rpg/1.4bpg in under 24 mpg season where he missed only 4 games in a condensed season. Impressive if you ask me. Ratliff was a guy who barely even played the previous 5 years before playing LA due to injury. We'd be lucky to get him. I'd like Jordan Hill over him, but Camby still has game.

I see the hype as being the same crap as Dampier last year, guys begging for him when he was clearly on the way out. We can't keep piling in old ass players.......it will blow up in our faces. How many games did Karl Malone miss before he broke down on the Lakers. Pass, Pass, Pass PLEASE!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I see the hype as being the same crap as Dampier last year, guys begging for him when he was clearly on the way out. We can't keep piling in old ass players.......it will blow up in our faces. How many games did Karl Malone miss before he broke down on the Lakers. Pass, Pass, Pass PLEASE!!!!

Not really. Dampier was injured the previous year, and we saw a significant drop in production/mobility. Camby is coming off a healthy season and while his points are down, Lakers don't need him for that. They need him for rebounding and weakside help. His offensive boards avg last season are on par for his career averages.

Malone came on board expected to play heavy minutes and be a starter. Camby would be playing 16-18 mpg max. He wouldnt have to log the same amount of minutes.

I know where you are coming from in terms of age but all I am saying is he would be a good addition if we couldn't get Hill. He is not coming either way but he is a guy who can give you solid production in limited minutes.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #9
DKLaker

Quote:
Not really. Dampier was injured the previous year, and we saw a significant drop in production/mobility. Camby is coming off a healthy season and while his points are down, Lakers don't need him for that. They need him for rebounding and weakside help. His offensive boards avg last season are on par for his career averages.

Malone came on board expected to play heavy minutes and be a starter. Camby would be playing 16-18 mpg max. He wouldnt have to log the same amount of minutes.

I know where you are coming from in terms of age but all I am saying is he would be a good addition if we couldn't get Hill. He is not coming either way but he is a guy who can give you solid production in limited minutes.

I will blow a freaking fuse if we sign him
Old 07-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #10
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:

I've never been a Camby fan. not withstanding he had a really great run with Houston last year. Maybe his 3rd or 4th best ever efficiency wise. Put him in the right situation and he's still a valuable piece to somebody. Smart player who leaves it all on the floor. Rather see somebody younger in that spot but I wouldn't have cried too loud if he made his way to the Lakers bench.

Knicks got him though. He'll add some nasty to that jelly belly roster

Last edited by BØBØ : 07-10-2012 at 12:54 AM.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: