Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 06-24-2006, 06:45 PM   #1
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Default LETS keep AI and Webber

i think that the sixers are good with Webber and Iverson...all we gotta do is add some other key defensive players..I unno bout Sam anymore...plus hes gettin paid big money for little production...i say we keep AI and we play him at the SG and we go ahead and Keep Webber at the PF and we trade Sam to the hawks for their #5 pik and Childress and with the #5 pik we draft Sheldon Williams or Aldrige(who ever is left..Williams would be better becuase of his defense because he can just camp in the lane and block shots and rebound...kinda like a Big ben.. then we have Iggy at the 3..heres how it looks
and with our 13 pik we can get a guy like Randy Foye who can play the point guard on offense and he is a great hustling defender so he can guard the shooting guard on defense that will alow iverson to guard the PG on defense that will lead to a grip of fast break points...
C. Sheldon Williams
PF. Chris Webber
SF. Andre Igoudala
SG. Allen Iverson
PG. Randy Foye

*Off the Bench
C.Steven Hunter
SG/SF.Willie Green
SG/SF. John Salmons
SF. Kyle Korver
PF.Michael Bradley
PG.Kevin Ollie
PF.Shavlik Randolph
PG.Louis Williams
SF.Matt Barnes
Alot of teams like Randolfh and Salmons so we can put them in a package for a strong defensive role player off the bench(i unno maybe a guy like Gerald Wallace) that would give us a great defensive presense off the bench....
We can also throw Michael Bradley and Matt Barnes for another defensive player of the bench who rebounds well....i unno maybe a Reggie Evans kinda guy...That way our 8 man rotation would look like this
C.Williams
PF.Webber
SF.Igoudala
SG.Iverson
PG.Foye
*Wallace
*Evans
*Korver
and aytime we neew additonal fire power off the bench we got Willie green and Kevin ollie and Hunter and we would sign an additonal PG aside from L.williams...JAY williams....(Come bak player of the year)
What do u think?? wont this work out great for the Sixers and they would have enough cap becuase Dalembert is gettin paid 10 mill.this would make the sixers an automatic contender for the chip???am i right or am i right??
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:02 PM   #2
mln03
I airball my layups

soo.....dalembert will fetch you the #5 pick in the draft and Childress? yeah...um....no. If that happens, test the hawks FO for mind altering drugs.
mln03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
we trade Sam to the hawks for their #5 pik and Childress
With Sammy's play last season i doubt that we'd even be able to nab the 5th pick from the Hawks. Only way i think Billy King can get another lotto is with either of the AIs and based on rumors i think he's entertaining offers to trade Iverson.

Quote:
Alot of teams like Randolfh and Salmons so we can put them in a package for a strong defensive role player off the bench(i unno maybe a guy like Gerald Wallace)
What teams are heavily interested in Salmons and let alone an unproven, undrafted C in Randolph? Charlotte would laugh at Philly for offering such a deal for Wallace.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:30 PM   #4
ppierce34

I'm not big on Randy Foye, personally. He's really a combo guard and I really have doubts about him being able to run the point in the NBA. And I like Shelden Williams, but there's I don't know if I'd take him at 5 with some of the guys that could be there.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:56 AM   #5
mln03
I airball my layups

ppierce34, curious to know what you thought of billups when he came out of college, since that has been the person foye has been compared to so much. Truthfully i can't remember too well the skinny on billups predraft back in the day.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:10 PM   #6
ppierce34

I wasn't huge on Billups for the reasons he showed early in his career, but I'll give him a lot of credit for the work he put into his game to get to where he is now. If Foye did put that type of work in, no doubt he could become a good point guard. He has a lot of talent. i just have my doubts and I wouldn't want to take the risk with some of the other players that are available. And I'm not very big on a backcourt of he and AI, either.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:44 PM   #7
mln03
I airball my layups

The only way i'd be ok with Foye on the sixers is if AI was gone.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:05 PM   #8
ppierce34

Yeah, it makes very little sense if AI is still on the team, they are too similar of players. I also wouldn't take him with a top 10 pick if they acquired one.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: