Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
C_lake2802
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 90
C_lake2802 has an OK reputation so far
Default Post your Goals for the Summer

Sometimes its good to see your goals written down...so im going to Just post a couple of my main goals that i want to attain by summer end which will be hard cuz im juggling a Job and child... But anyways

Goal #1: Work on left hand dribble. I can dribble with both hands just fine. But i tend to always favor my right in-game. And i notice people are giving me left even though im left handed. Need to make people fear me going both sides.

Goal #2: Work on efficiency/communication- getting crispier with my passes not taking forced 3's along with communicating on and off the ball is something i really need to work on

Goal #3- 2 hand dunk. This more than likely won't happen this summer because i've noticed getting vert up takes a lot more time than you usually think it should. But i'm Going to start back up. My 4 day workout 2 days rest 1 jump training routine i usually do. So this means going hard in the gym with plyo's and deadlift and making the most of my limited time.

Post some of your basketball goals for summer 12'
C_lake2802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:36 AM   #2
MetsPackers
new based god
 
MetsPackers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,863
MetsPackers has decent reputation
Default Re: Post your Goals for the Summer

MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #3
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster
 
Pushxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 3,245
Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Post your Goals for the Summer

My goal is to improve my perimeter D. My defensive footwork sucks.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:47 AM   #4
Jyap9675
True Point Guard
 
Jyap9675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,035
Jyap9675 has decent reputation
Default Re: Post your Goals for the Summer

goal is to:

get better at driving and absorbing contact.
left hand dribble + finish
get confident in getting past defenders and decrease reliance on picks
Jyap9675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
Lebron23
Banned
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,200
Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Post your Goals for the Summer

Win the Championship, and MVP Award.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #6
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic
 
Swaggin916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,465
Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board
Default Re: Post your Goals for the Summer

Just to start playing again. It's been over a year since I last played due to injuries and I thought I was on the right track getting my knee healthier (feels close to 100% now) and then my injured my hamstring. I have been rehabbing it for 2 months and it's really coming along... but damn man I haven't been healthy in almost 3 years and I am just dying to get back out there and play. It's liek a big void in my life and I miss ballin.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
mobbdeep
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 144
mobbdeep has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Post your Goals for the Summer

My goal is to NOT GET INJURED. lol. Don't care bout Wins and Losses in pick up games. I'm just trying to have fun and not get hurt and come home unscathed.

Some guys get so physical and have no skills it pisses me off. Just goons.


I got a great jump shot now, got the most range in my gym, I can post up whenever I want to since I'm taller than most of the guys, and I guess my 1 on 1 defense could use some work but my team defense is great.

Right now I am working on a floater. I gassed out my last game and was scared n timid to shoot the mid range J because it was a tie game and all and I was afraid I would miss due to having no legs.

So I decided to work on a jump floater. I'm excited to try this in my next run.
mobbdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #8
C_lake2802
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 90
C_lake2802 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Post your Goals for the Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Just to start playing again. It's been over a year since I last played due to injuries and I thought I was on the right track getting my knee healthier (feels close to 100% now) and then my injured my hamstring. I have been rehabbing it for 2 months and it's really coming along... but damn man I haven't been healthy in almost 3 years and I am just dying to get back out there and play. It's liek a big void in my life and I miss ballin.

I feel ur pain bro. I was out for half a year myself at one point and it was killin me jus to get out there and get a run in. I just injured my ankle BAD couple days ago. So it looks like imma be out for a month. But keep pushin, your gonna appreciate it even more when your out there healthy again good luck 2u
C_lake2802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,288
Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Post your Goals for the Summer

Since I don't play for a real team these days, I've got weird goals perhaps based upon matters that could be deemed superficial:

1. I want to be able to complete a self-bounce-to-two-hand-reverse dunk with emphasis. I accidentally discovered I might be able to do this dunk while trying a routine one-hander. I can make the reverse, it's just not strong at this point. That'd really step up my vanilla dunking repertoire.

2. Again, this sounds ridiculous, but I actually decided to finally settle down and figure out the steps and motions to the Shammgod dribble maneuver. I want to fully incorporate that into my game. So far, I've been able to sneak it in at a couple of occasions pretty seamlessly. It didn't result in any ankle breakers or anything, but it worked as an elusive maneuver. Here's Danilo pulling it off in summer league: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGxvM8HT6KU

3. Further off than the Shammgod, I've been working on the Kobe reverse pivot jumpshot after a pumpfake at the free throw line. In all honesty, throwing the ball off the backboard and making a layup after that sort of pivot almost feels more natural than shooting. Either way, I've yet to pull this pivot off in a game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqvg9NgP5uw

4. I'd also like to begin utilizing a left-to-right fallaway. I'm much more proficient falling away going from right to left, and my fallaway form greatly differs depending upon which direction I'm going. Therefore, I'd like to bring the other direction up to speed.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
C_lake2802
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 90
C_lake2802 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Post your Goals for the Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Since I don't play for a real team these days, I've got weird goals perhaps based upon matters that could be deemed superficial:

1. I want to be able to complete a self-bounce-to-two-hand-reverse dunk with emphasis. I accidentally discovered I might be able to do this dunk while trying a routine one-hander. I can make the reverse, it's just not strong at this point. That'd really step up my vanilla dunking repertoire.

2. Again, this sounds ridiculous, but I actually decided to finally settle down and figure out the steps and motions to the Shammgod dribble maneuver. I want to fully incorporate that into my game. So far, I've been able to sneak it in at a couple of occasions pretty seamlessly. It didn't result in any ankle breakers or anything, but it worked as an elusive maneuver. Here's Danilo pulling it off in summer league: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGxvM8HT6KU

3. Further off than the Shammgod, I've been working on the Kobe reverse pivot jumpshot after a pumpfake at the free throw line. In all honesty, throwing the ball off the backboard and making a layup after that sort of pivot almost feels more natural than shooting. Either way, I've yet to pull this pivot off in a game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqvg9NgP5uw

4. I'd also like to begin utilizing a left-to-right fallaway. I'm much more proficient falling away going from right to left, and my fallaway form greatly differs depending upon which direction I'm going. Therefore, I'd like to bring the other direction up to speed.


1. How tall are you Rake??

2. The Shammgod for its very effective for me when you don't over-emphasized the move. Plenty of times guys try it on me and i can just tell when the move it because of how hard the try to sell it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ROpDutT2E 0:37 mark. This to me is the perfect way to do it.
C_lake2802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster
 
Pushxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 3,245
Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Post your Goals for the Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_lake2802
2. The Shammgod for its very effective for me when you don't over-emphasized the move. Plenty of times guys try it on me and i can just tell when the move it because of how hard the try to sell it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ROpDutT2E 0:37 mark. This to me is the perfect way to do it.

Great example of it. It's much better when you are already driving. From the standstill dribble it's worthless unless you are an elite ballhandler.

I've used it on the break as I get to the 3-PT line and I have my defender backing up. I'm driving hard left , my defender is already slightly opened up, Shammgod across his left front foot, finish at the rim with my right. It works purely because your defender isn't expecting it. If you are doing it on the move, it's a lot easier to get your defender to bite at all.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #12
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,288
Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Post your Goals for the Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_lake2802
1. How tall are you Rake??

2. The Shammgod for its very effective for me when you don't over-emphasized the move. Plenty of times guys try it on me and i can just tell when the move it because of how hard the try to sell it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ROpDutT2E 0:37 mark. This to me is the perfect way to do it.
1. I'm 6'3''. To be clear, I still think I have a bit of work to do before I can pull that dunk off and make it look neat. It's quite rough right now.

2. I'm in agreement with you on that one and I think that's what I've been trying to avoid. I pulled it off against unfamiliar competition a few weeks ago in nearly the exact set of circumstances Pushxx mentioned (on the move, approaching the 3pt. line, left to right) and it came across as a normal move, as opposed to some kind of drawn out show maneuver. I kind of liked the results I experienced there.

On the flip side, I was playing one-on-one with my younger brother (real one-on-one, not goofing around) and when it came to game point, I decided to create some space then approach and attempt. The move had virtually no effect. So clearly, it's still a work in progress for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
Great example of it. It's much better when you are already driving. From the standstill dribble it's worthless unless you are an elite ballhandler.

I've used it on the break as I get to the 3-PT line and I have my defender backing up. I'm driving hard left , my defender is already slightly opened up, Shammgod across his left front foot, finish at the rim with my right. It works purely because your defender isn't expecting it. If you are doing it on the move, it's a lot easier to get your defender to bite at all.
Totally with you there. The scenario you mentioned is exactly how I use it. I'm not much interested in the And1, gamebreaker form of the move. Rather, I think it can be used in a legit manner during a secondary fast break, as well as during other natural game moments.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 07-17-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy