Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-19-2012, 04:29 AM   #1
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Kobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected poster
Default If the Lakers get Dwight Howard

I'm excited and I really like our chances with that lineup but as Laker fans I think we should keep our cool.

The deal isn't even done yet and we've already got people declaring us the 2012-13 Champions. If it happens LA would have a formidable lineup but...... Kobe and Nash are up there in age and we're not sure if they will drop off a bit. Also, what's going on with Dwight's back injury? With so many new pieces we'd still have to work out some things on the court. Then you have to play the games.

The Lakers would be among the teams that could win it all but lets not start sucking each other's d**ks just yet.
Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: If the Lakers get Dwight Howard

They better win! If not, the LeDiva and the whole world would laugh at us. Vegas and Stern would love it.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We should make the finals I would say with him...would be a contrast of styles vs Miami though. We would need to add more spot up shooters to beat them IMO.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:29 AM   #4
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
We should make the finals I would say with him...would be a contrast of styles vs Miami though. We would need to add more spot up shooters to beat them IMO.

I'm with you on needing that shooter....it's all that's missing now.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:14 AM   #5
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Smile Re: If the Lakers get Dwight Howard

Lol another weird Howard thread!!! Just had a dumb thought the nba can handle lakers getting another back to back but another three peat no way!!! We will be hated for ever and Kobe would at least be equal to MJ lol!!!! 3peat 2peat 3peat!!! But 3peat 2peat 2peat retirement!!! I believe this is the goal Kobe has in his mind!!! Sorry just got off work and about to pass out!!! Goodnight!!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #6
Da Kobester
I brick open layups

Da Kobester has an OK reputation so far

If the Lakers get Dwight-mare it'll be sweet dreams to the promise land and a exclamation point to the question mark at the point where little Stevie Nash will put everyone else in place including himself looking at open 3's. Especially Pau will be revaitalized with dem pick n pops and now kobe gets to roam the wings like a free safety and D-Ho will be doing what he does best "posterizing facial dunks! They might as well chalk up our title #17 and ain't even OKC gonna touch us coz with our Fab Four we gonna make Miami and dem queen Lediva looking freaks look like a small 3.
Da Kobester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:13 AM   #7
lakersNUMBA1
I hit open 5-footers

lakersNUMBA1 has an OK reputation so far

The real question here is: "If the Lakers do NOT get Dwight Howard.."

IMO I believe we should sign Bynum long term. I can't stand Howard now. Just saying.
lakersNUMBA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersNUMBA1
The real question here is: "If the Lakers do NOT get Dwight Howard.."

IMO I believe we should sign Bynum long term. I can't stand Howard now. Just saying.

I agree

It's getting to the point where Bynum may feel so disrespected that he refuses to sign an extension, says screw the money and we lose him for nothing. We need to keep him happy, set a deadline on trade until the end of this month......and just move forward with Bynum if it cannot get done by then.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I agree

It's getting to the point where Bynum may feel so disrespected that he refuses to sign an extension, says screw the money and we lose him for nothing. We need to keep him happy, set a deadline on trade until the end of this month......and just move forward with Bynum if it cannot get done by then.

Sadly, I think this already happened a couple of weeks ago. Bynum already has a list of his other teams. He's getting tired of this.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:49 AM   #10
lakersNUMBA1
I hit open 5-footers

lakersNUMBA1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Sadly, I think this already happened a couple of weeks ago. Bynum already has a list of his other teams. He's getting tired of this.

That's what "he says." but in all honesty, he LOVES L.A. I mean who wouldn't? I believe he just wants more money, in which he will most likely get IF he STAYS with the Lakers.

So all in all, I guess we're going to have to see what kind of year Drew has, and if he does a heck of a job, he will most likely get a 5 year extension with more pay!
lakersNUMBA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:49 AM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersNUMBA1
That's what "he says." but in all honesty, he LOVES L.A. I mean who wouldn't? I believe he just wants more money, in which he will most likely get IF he STAYS with the Lakers.

So all in all, I guess we're going to have to see what kind of year Drew has, and if he does a heck of a job, he will most likely get a 5 year extension with more pay!

He might stay, but not through signing an extension. Players like going through the free agency process. They like talking to other teams and entertain the thought of what their role would be. Then they like to hear what is in it for them. Why should they join...etc.

There's nothing wrong with a player doing that. If Bynum wants to stay, he will get more money than other teams offer him. Like everyone else though, he just wants to experience it.

I'll never forget when Kobe was talking with the clippers. He actually convinced the entire franchise that if he'd signed with them, to go play some games at the pond in Anahiem. Its all fun for these guys to just talk.

And yes, I would agree that he'd command a 5 year contract.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
DKLaker

Quote:
He might stay, but not through signing an extension. Players like going through the free agency process. They like talking to other teams and entertain the thought of what their role would be. Then they like to hear what is in it for them. Why should they join...etc.

There's nothing wrong with a player doing that. If Bynum wants to stay, he will get more money than other teams offer him. Like everyone else though, he just wants to experience it.

I'll never forget when Kobe was talking with the clippers. He actually convinced the entire franchise that if he'd signed with them, to go play some games at the pond in Anahiem. Its all fun for these guys to just talk.

And yes, I would agree that he'd command a 5 year contract.

UGH!!!!! I hate all the B.S. drama of all this.....just freaking sign a max extension and focus on basketball, this drama helps no one, just distracts the player, team and fans.......worse yet, Divas like Howard force teams to start clearing cap room and pissing off players who are rumored to be going in a trade.......it's just not worth the bother. Big Freakin Deal if we go from the #2 to #1 center......we got much bigger, impactful positions to fill....like a bench shooter, this should be our priority, screw the Diva.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
UGH!!!!! I hate all the B.S. drama of all this.....just freaking sign a max extension and focus on basketball, this drama helps no one, just distracts the player, team and fans.......worse yet, Divas like Howard force teams to start clearing cap room and pissing off players who are rumored to be going in a trade.......it's just not worth the bother. Big Freakin Deal if we go from the #2 to #1 center......we got much bigger, impactful positions to fill....like a bench shooter, this should be our priority, screw the Diva.

Im starting to say this too in regards to "forget the diva". Its a big waste of our time.

Its one of those things where if you can get the deal done in a couple of weeks, then do it quickly and rip off the bandaids before you get used to them.

Problem is, this has been ongoing for over a year. Its tiring, its too much, Im sick of it. I think Howard should just stay with his team. He's always been the number one guy on there, and always will be.

Keep Bynum happy by committing to him, before we go through the same situation as Orlando is going through. The only advantage that we have is that we have a smart GM, and owners who know exactly how to play poker with other teams. But still, is it worth losing Bynum? Potentially the best center?
Old 07-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #14
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
But still, is it worth losing Bynum? Potentially the best center?

WHOA!!!!

Did you just say Bynum has the potential to be better than Dwight?

I have believed for many years now that Dwight is the ONLY player in
the league that can be better than LeBron..... He already is the DPY,
get him some offensive moves and countermoves, and he could be both
the DPY and MVP... I just don't see Drew doing that.....ever.
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #15
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
WHOA!!!!

Did you just say Bynum has the potential to be better than Dwight?

I have believed for many years now that Dwight is the ONLY player in
the league that can be better than LeBron..... He already is the DPY,
get him some offensive moves and countermoves, and he could be both
the DPY and MVP... I just don't see Drew doing that.....ever.

Dwight will never get better.....not going to happen, he has been in the league for 8 years......8 healthy years. If he was going to improve he would've shown signs by now, the flaws he had 5 years ago are still flaws, he has done nothing to change, he's considered the best center and is complacent with it, unlike Kobe who has worked to get better every year. Face it, the guy is full of himself and it is his daily goal to get his @ss kissed.
My biggest concern is that he has been the #1 guy on his team, gets the most shots, is the focal point/go to guy and has averaged 20+ points only 4 of 8 seasons with a high of 22.9, a 2nd high of 20.7.
What is going to happen if he is the 2nd or 3rd option.....will his numbers go down, will he cry because he's not getting the ball enough???
The flip side of course is that on a Lakers team he would be tough to double team so maybe things will be easier......hard to say how things will play out. A single game high of 45 points, a single game high of 26 rebounds.......compared to 42 points, 30 rebound highs for Bynum.
can Bynum be better than Dwight....absolutely....no question about it.
Looking at this it seems idiotic that we are even considering Dwight....even worse that there is baggage to go with it.
The only thing that makes sense is that Bynum doesn't like Mike Brown and has yet to show any form of maturity.

Let's just keep Bynum and call it a day.

Last edited by DKLaker : 07-26-2012 at 01:00 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: