Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-24-2006, 09:35 PM   #1
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far
Default Draft Mistakes !!!

I was watching the draft and behind draft for Raptors on Raptors Nba TV. i watched about 3 drafts and some of the mistakes the Gm before Babcock made are worse than Babcocks mistakes. there 2 picks reallly stood out to me.

1st one :

He declined an offer from Phoenix at the 2002 draft. The offer was 20th overall pick (raptors pick) For Joe Johnson. Thats what you call a mistake. Instead he traded the 20th pick to Lakers for 27th pick and Lindsay Hunter and we picked Jefferies.

2nd One:

Well this one is not a mistake but i think it couldved been better for us if we took this offer. Clippers offered Elton Brand,Andre Miller For 4th Overall pick and salary filler (according to the person who was there). That is why Vince Carter was soo upset. (just a rumor by an insider).
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

The second one, we would have had a pretty good lineup.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Well this one is not a mistake but i think it couldved been better for us if we took this offer. Clippers offered Elton Brand,Andre Miller For 4th Overall pick and salary filler (according to the person who was there). That is why Vince Carter was soo upset. (just a rumor by an insider)

I don't beleive it.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #4
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation

well at the time Joe Johnson was a rookies that was traded mid-season, hell Boston chose to keep Kedrick Brown instead and no one thought much of it, no way anyone coulda seen how that'd turned out. The Hoffa pick was "wtf" right off the bat.
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:56 PM   #5
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

Zalendar has an OK reputation so far

Hind sight is 20/20

People thought it was a huge mistake to draft Damon and Tmac.

Last edited by Zalendar : 06-25-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:42 AM   #6
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Raptors probly could've had a

PG- Nash
SG- Joe Johnson
SF- Tracy Mcgrady
PF- Elton Brand
C- Chris Bosh

lineup if they wanted to but no one can tell the future. If Nostradamus was a GM he would win championships on a regular basis
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:42 AM   #7
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far
Default whatever ...

the raptors could have had Carter, Bryant, T-Mac, Marion & bosh Technically...there would be no need for a point guard...or Centre if all those players put up there regular stats....

the past is the past unless there is such thing as a time machine let it go...
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:43 AM   #8
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far
Default whatever ...

the raptors could have had Carter, Bryant, T-Mac, Marion & or Wade/bosh Technically...there would be no need for a point guard...or Centre if all those players put up there regular stats....

the past is the past unless there is such thing as a time machine let it go...
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:32 PM   #9
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

with you guys playin the what if game some of these players never got that good until a little time in the nba like a few years....so im gonna say what if we did have steve nash, joe johnson, t-mac they prolly wouldnt have been as good as they became to be playin with the raps...or maybe joe johnson would have won mvp...so we cant really play the what if game because everything that happens in history or could have happened in history they're not gona be the same....uknamean???
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:41 PM   #10
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

Zalendar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKid
with you guys playin the what if game some of these players never got that good until a little time in the nba like a few years....so im gonna say what if we did have steve nash, joe johnson, t-mac they prolly wouldnt have been as good as they became to be playin with the raps...or maybe joe johnson would have won mvp...so we cant really play the what if game because everything that happens in history or could have happened in history they're not gona be the same....uknamean???

Well, yes we can say what if the Raps had T-mac. Considering the Raps drafted him and he spent a few years playing for the Raps.
Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:25 AM   #11
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

J Miles 23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tips4
Well this one is not a mistake but i think it couldved been better for us if we took this offer. Clippers offered Elton Brand,Andre Miller For 4th Overall pick and salary filler (according to the person who was there). That is why Vince Carter was soo upset. (just a rumor by an insider).

thats a lot of salary filler though...elton is a max contract and andre is up there if not max...so we would have to give up a lot of our roster..so i dunno how that woula worked out
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: