Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Default 2012 Fantasy Football advice

There was a thread for this last year, and I figured I would start one up because I have got a question for ya'll. I am in a keepers league where you have to keep two. My best options are:

Tony Romo
Demaryius Thomas
Ahmad Bradshaw
Steven Jackson

I am leaning towards Thomas and Bradshaw. Opinions?
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Default Re: 2012 Fantasy Football advice

Nobody has an opinion? Have to send in my selections soon.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Nobody has an opinion? Have to send in my selections soon.

Man its hard to say not knowing your league set up. How many RB spots do you have? How many QB spots? WR? Is there a flex? What other notable players have not been selected as keepers so far and what draft pick do you have?
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

I vote Thomas and Jackson.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Man its hard to say not knowing your league set up. How many RB spots do you have? How many QB spots? WR? Is there a flex? What other notable players have not been selected as keepers so far and what draft pick do you have?

Those are all good questions and probably should have been presented in the op

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE (not a flex)

I don't have a list of the available keepers, but I can tell you that I have the 8th pick in a 16 team league.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Although Thomas is a nice young keeper who put up good stats with a mediocre fantasy QB throwing him the ball and he's gained a future HOFer at that spot he does have a pretty tough schedule. 7 of his 16 games are against teams that were in the top 12 in defending the pass last season.

Same goes for Romo.

Ahmad Bradshaw plays 6 teams that were in the top 12 defending the run last season but he now has a much larger role as a RB with the Giants now that Jacobs is gone. I don't expect him to be a full time back though. The Giants don't really play like that. He's also very injury prone and missed significant time last season.

Steven Jackson plays 5 teams in the top 12 of rushing this season but he's not really a stand out back anymore. He stayed alot healthier then Bradshaw did last season and put up decent games with a tough schedule. Not sure I trust him though.

You really do have a tough choice and honestly I'm not sure who I would choose in your position.

Despite Thomas having a pretty tough schedule I've watched him play a very good amount and I think the talent he's shown...even making Tebow look good. I would select him.

But now that you have a WR I think you absolutely need a RB. There's not going to be alot of talent available at that spot in such a deep league with RB bieng looked at as a vital position for success.

Between Bradshaw and Jackson...man that's tough. Honestly I had both of them on my team last season and I won the championship. BUT I traded S Jax right before the play-offs because he played the 49ers twice in the last 4 games in which he did absolute shit. But against less fierce run defenses he did put up good points alot of the time.

Bradshaw missed alot of games but when he did play he played just as well as S-Jax and at times better.

I think your decision for these two should probably come down to attempts per game then in which Jackson probably will have more of.

Tough choice between those 2. Good luck.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: