Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Phillip Rivers

The reason I'm making this thread is to get a feel for how you guys think Phillip Rivers will perform next season.

He is currently ranked 10 on ESPN for QBs but anyone who's seen him play knows he can definitely perform at a higher level than that. Last year was viewed as a down year for him because he started off slow and had a few problems throwing interceptions.

At the end of the season however he was on a tear and played very very well.

My question is do you see him performing at the level he can this season, despite losing some offensive players? (Vincent Jackson)

If you answered yes to that question than what do you think about this?

Passing on Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Newton and Stafford in the earlier round to focus on filling your RB spots with top talent and going after a guy like Rivers to start at QB for your team because he can get to a high level and is predicted to go in about round 6 or 7.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board
Default Re: Phillip Rivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
The reason I'm making this thread is to get a feel for how you guys think Phillip Rivers will perform next season.

He is currently ranked 10 on ESPN for QBs but anyone who's seen him play knows he can definitely perform at a higher level than that. Last year was viewed as a down year for him because he started off slow and had a few problems throwing interceptions.

At the end of the season however he was on a tear and played very very well.

My question is do you see him performing at the level he can this season, despite losing some offensive players? (Vincent Jackson)

Passing on Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Newton and Stafford in the earlier round to focus on filling your RB spots with top talent and going after a guy like Rivers to start at QB for your team because he can get to a high level and is predicted to go in about round 6 or 7.

I feel like Rivers will bounce back this year. Hopefully Gates will be at 100%. We've gotta remember they didn't have their big three (Jackson, Floyd, Gates) playing that many (if any) games together last year. I know Jackson's gone but if Floyd and Gates can stay healthy, I'd say he has no reason not to be able to bounce back.

Their schedule (though I just quickly glanced at it) looks very much in his favor to be able to produce.

It's a gamble but I think it could pay off and he could be a very good value pick like you said in the sixth or seventh rounds. I expect top ten stats for him this year.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

He will have good stats but will ultimately fail in the big games.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114

That is usually my strategy when it comes to drafting. He is great value in terms of the round he usually gets picked
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know why he had such an off year last year, but I have to imagine he will bounce back. Unless he is hiding some sort of injury or other debilitating issue, you can't just go from elite to meh without anything serious happening.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
I don't know why he had such an off year last year, but I have to imagine he will bounce back. Unless he is hiding some sort of injury or other debilitating issue, you can't just go from elite to meh without anything serious happening.

Well I mean as far as his drop I think Quizzle hit the nail on the head. The offense wasn't really fully synced last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
That is usually my strategy when it comes to drafting. He is great value in terms of the round he usually gets picked

Yeah last season I took Brady early and even though I won the league I think this year the way to go is top RBs.

Although the one QB I can see taking early is Aaron Rodgers. If I get a top 3 or 4 pick its going to be hard to pick guys like Foster Rice or McCoy over him. He just puts up so many fantasy points its hard to pass up.

The first RB I take always has a shitty season anyway. (CJ1k, Matthews, Turner) So if I get that high I guess taking Rodgers is the safest move.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #7
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I remember I said he'd be MVP in last year's prediction thread

I expect him to bounce back and have a good season (roughly 28 TDs 4200 yards 10 picks)
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: