Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-23-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default Does anybody know why it happened?

I'm still in a state of shock over the lose to the heat.

Does anybody have an explanation?

I know a little bit about basketball and sports but that one just didn't make any sense.

I think the refs took them out of the game right away but that!!!!!!
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:30 PM   #2
MetsPackers
new based god

Our defense sucks no matter hpw you look at it, nobody played well on defense, and our shots weren't falling on offense. That is how we lost.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

marbury was hurt i was cracking up tho
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:59 PM   #4
jt24
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
I'm still in a state of shock over the lose to the heat.

Does anybody have an explanation?

I know a little bit about basketball and sports but that one just didn't make any sense.

I think the refs took them out of the game right away but that!!!!!!

its pretty simple were a bad bball team that doesnt play any defense. and enough with the refs, people have to stop complaining about the refs, were bad the refs arent screwing us, theres no ny bias, the league wants the knicks to be good not bad.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:12 PM   #5
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I don't think it's a NY thing at this point. I think it's the lack of established stars. That's why we don't get the calls.

Everybody knows the stars get the calls in the NBA. Even Clyde alluded to it a few times.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:15 PM   #6
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

no it was halfasssed defense.

sorry, having Marbury and Crawford gently stroll up to put a hand in Kapono's face (when Kapono was already in air laucnhing the shot) is unacceptable defense.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:09 AM   #7
j Fresh
Local High School Star

adding to what VCDrivesA.. said, they settled for to many jumpshots, and they were missing EVERYTHING in the paint!
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:13 AM   #8
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Oh, I agree no doubt the Knick defense stinks. Like the Staten Island dump but...

A funny thing happened to the football giants this season. The rookie DE we call Kiwi at the Giants board did something directly related to the rules and refs. He was about to sack a quarter back and before he followed through he let him go. He was so afraid of a ruffing the passer call he let up.

Refs can get into your head and disrupt the flow of the game. Timing is everything and I really think there have been a few games that the refs did a number early on the Knicks and really ruined their natural rhythm.

I'm a musician and rhythm is everything, you get into a groove and things happen naturally. Like shots and defense, it just flows, you don't have to think, you are in the zone.

Good refs let teams play and get into their zones unless it's a bad foul.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:05 AM   #9
jjswifty

Theres no way you blame this game on the refs. This team stinks and thats all their is too it. No matter what this team is going nowhere. You dont know what to expect from it. One night they seem unstopble, yet the other nights they lack defense and enthusiasm.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #10
j Fresh
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
I'm a musician and rhythm is everything, you get into a groove and things happen naturally.

me too. What do you play? Blues obviously right? what else??

I am into (don't laugh) Smooth Jazz, Straight Ahead, Cool Jazz and anything with Bill Evans.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:10 PM   #11
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjswifty
Theres no way you blame this game on the refs. This team stinks and thats all their is too it. No matter what this team is going nowhere. You dont know what to expect from it. One night they seem unstopble, yet the other nights they lack defense and enthusiasm.

I agree. They take too many nights off. No consistency.

Add an injured Marbury, Jarid Jefferies who is a dud and Frye who often phones it in and you have a very weak starting five.

IMHO Crawford and Lee should start instead of Jeffries and Frye. Plus Crawford has to break out of his shooting slump.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:28 PM   #12
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I play mostly blues like B.B. King, but I have an expanded repertoire. Growing up in the 60's and early 70's I also play classic rock and old style R&B-soul. Everything from Otis Redding to Southern Rock, which has a lot more connection to early blues and soul than people think. I have also gotten into learning about the origins of the music I play including early Gospel.

It's all about the feel and the groove. Heart and soul baby!!!!

The Avatar is a person who I most admire as a musician and bluesman, Freddie King who died in 1976 at the age of 42. Way too early, it was a shame but hard living and partying did him in.

Crawford would never start on my team, he's a turnover looking for a place to happen. Very low basketball IQ.

The Kinicks are lacking heart and soul. They should look over at the announcers and ask Clyde about heart and soul. They would learn a lot from him. Clyde and Willis were my guys, I really didn't realize I was a white Jewish kid growing up in Brooklyn and always gravitated towards people who played sports and music with heart and soul.

Last edited by bigdaddybluesman : 01-24-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:00 PM   #13
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

The fact our defense is terrible is always the number one reason. If our offense was more fluid it would make up for it. Take Phoenix for instance. Zeke said he wanted us to play like them earlier before the season started. Why? Because he knew our defense couldn't contain dead people. So if we chop them down by 5(we're at 17), then we have 5 more attempts at the basket. A possible 10-15 increase in our scoring average. We score 100 and give up 103 on average right now. Guess who else give up that much? Phoenix. But they score 110. We know come playoff time they will get knocked out again, because the running game slow to a crawl during the playoffs. Rebounding is our game right now and we are one of if not the best at it. Marbs is our key but his game is not conducive to what we need to do even though he has been great. That's relative too. Great PG's don't do what Marbs do on every position. They don't give up their dribble. Kidd does do it, Nash as we watch tonight never does it. They move. Their teammates move. Marbs get stuck alot holding the ball because he gives up his dribble and the non-ballhandlers have to take it from him. Then they give it back only to a turnover. Over and Over again.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:40 PM   #14
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Marbury has gotten much better at running the team. Then he got injured. Now Curry too.

The Knicks are not good enough to take time off for mental lapses in games when they just don't show up due to partying the night before or just spacing out.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: