Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
Celtics4ever
Banned

Default Am I the only one here that thinks.....

Am I the only one here that thinks these presidential elections are a bunch of BS? Judging from the past, we all know the people don't really pick the president. I think there is a group of elite people that choose who will win the elections. Let's look at the last three elections- Bush won both terms with some Florida BS recount. Obama won the last election due to all the MASS media coverage on him, the media were treating him like a celebrity and gave him a good appeal for the younger generation. The voting system is just a bunch of BS.
Celtics4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Default Re: Am I the only one here that thinks.....

I could care less who becomes president
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I just hate the 2 party system in general. The politicians (and supporters) care more about winning than actually improving the country, and that pisses me off royally. Right now, even when Obama pushes for something that Republicans would generally want, the Republicans will vote against it because they don't want it to pass while a Democrat is in office thus giving the Dems the credit. The complete opposite happens when Republicans are in office. This is why I call myself an independent even though I am really quite liberal, because I want both the Republicans and Democrats to be disbanded.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
KDTrey5
I DO ME, N I CHILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally450
I could care less who becomes president
trll niggehhh
KDTrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
iamgine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
Am I the only one here that thinks these presidential elections are a bunch of BS? Judging from the past, we all know the people don't really pick the president. I think there is a group of elite people that choose who will win the elections. Let's look at the last three elections- Bush won both terms with some Florida BS recount. Obama won the last election due to all the MASS media coverage on him, the media were treating him like a celebrity and gave him a good appeal for the younger generation. The voting system is just a bunch of BS.
I think it's the other way round. The media shows who people want to see because their profit depends on the people watching them. Obama was just a great story because he's charismatic and could be the first black president.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

people do pick the President, its just that the masses are sheep to ad's and catch phrases, and most people aren't reading current events or about politics from a day to day to know any better, where they go with media spin. so much of our country votes based more on who people tell them to vote for, especially with churches, than actually voting because they follow or it being their own formed opinion.

its unbelievable to me how effective catch phrases were on most American's when Bush was running for office, and how much it killed his opponents.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #7
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

I've posted this before and I'll post it again:

Voting is just a waste of gas, time and thought.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #8
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
I've posted this before and I'll post it again:

Voting is just a waste of gas, time and thought.
prolly, but i can't help knowing i didn't try. ill be voting for gary johnson, since obama has been such a disappointment on my vote 4 years ago.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
prolly, but i can't help knowing i didn't try. ill be voting for gary johnson, since obama has been such a disappointment on my vote 4 years ago.
samsies
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #10
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4ever

Is this the same group of elites who you think control all the banks in the world?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=262885

Also Bush won Florida in 2004 by five points and the state was called by 12:30 that night which was probably hours later than it normally would have been in a 5 point election, because the networks were cautious.

The closest state in 2004 was Wisconsin which was won by Kerry with a margin of victory of 0.38%
John F. Kerry (D) 1,488,935 50
George W. Bush * (R) 1,477,122 49
KevinNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #11
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Stop voting for the same two parties and things will get interesting or less become less of a BS process. Don't fight Democrat, Republican, or Libertarian.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:43 AM   #12
joe
College superstar

i am with you dude, youre not alone. it is a bunch of bs. voting is the biggest sham in political history, because it actually makes people feel like they have some sort of power. it keeps them satisfied while they are being f'd in the a by these politicians. at least with monarchies, everyone knows where they stand on the totem pole, and might get pissed off about it every now and then. in voting countries, the masses are like well... we voted him in soooo... i guess we have to deal with it.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:53 AM   #13
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

It is a bunch of BS but I really don't understand how anyone can vote for a republican. Say what you want, Dems are soft and aren't any better, but even if that is true, they are about a billion times better at hiding it.

Look at right wing candidates. Bush bragged about being a C student. Palin isn't qualified to wash dishes. Mitt Romney is a complete moron.

He can't even fake being a decent human being. Can't he hire some writers?

Our political system is just terrible. Obama hasn't been able to do anything since the mid-term elections. That means all the voters that turned out for the presidential election didn't understand that the president needs congress.

The United States as a country is really overrated.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:27 AM   #14
Mach_3
Local High School Star

I don't vote because it honestly doesn't matter who will win ain't nothing gonna change in this country or the world for that matter. The same 1%ers will always be there and so will the average working American putting money in their pockets
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:12 AM   #15
highwhey
el vato encabronado

I just want a breaking bad episode every night of the week, fck peace and healthcare
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: