Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

SuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this board
Default Badminton - a very underappreciated sport

I've seen a number of people lately saying that badminton doesn't deserve to be an Olympic sport, and basically disrespecting it in general. Maybe it's because they associate it with old ladies playing it at a country club, I don't know.

That's bullshit. High level badminton is very intense and very demanding, as well as being very fun to watch. People should make sure they know what they are talking about before disrespecting an entire sport.

Here are some good vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ehZwEml3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00xiL...eature=related

You guys should look forward to watching this event.

Last edited by SuperPippen : 08-02-2012 at 07:05 PM.
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation
Default Re: Badminton - a very underappreciated sport

Agreed. Used to think badminton was soft until I actually paid attention to it in the previous olympics. Shit's intense and exciting.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
BMOGEFan
Banned

BMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
Agreed. Used to think badminton was soft until I actually paid attention to it in the previous olympics. Shit's intense and exciting.

so intense you don't risk injury in a needless game.
BMOGEFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
Flea

Yep, thought badminton is soft, until met person that is actually competing it in a high level... watched some games of his, and I must say I am impressed...
Old 08-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Never thought it was soft. Thats something I played at cookouts, picnics at a park.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

I use to play badminton as a kid every day and was goat.... kicked ass in high school.... haven't played in like 8 years tho....
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #7
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

way more fun to watch than either of the volleyballs, not quite on the level of tennis. probably right on par with ping pong. but you're right, it's fantastic.

i'm excited to see squash finally push its way into the games... i think that's even more spectacular to watch than badminton. the speed at which guys get from point a to point b in squash feels borderline superhuman. shits crazy.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
way more fun to watch than either of the volleyballs,

Dude, seriously?

Old 08-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #9
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz
Dude, seriously?

lol touche
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #10
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Watching Badminton is MUCH better than men's tennis. Men's tennis is boring because everyone wins on their serve.......it's hard to get a good volley going. Badminton is intense. There's a long back and forth before a point is scored.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #11
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPippen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ehZwEml3g

You guys should look forward to watching this event.

The original Linsanity!!
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #12
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

I used to play that shit in school cause we had too.

Imagine you gettin' of an Olympic bus and some fine ass chick ask you what sport you play?

Chick: "Ooh, what sport you play?"
badminton player: "Uh, I play badminton ..."
Chick: "What's that?"
badminton: "I hot a little feather with a ball on it ..."
Chick: "Ok, you know where Kobe at ..."
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: